Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

Anybody been following the Eubanks behaviour over the last 12 - 18 months? 

What a pair of fookin idiots. 

He's been offered... 

Danny Jacobs for regular WBA. Turned down citing he wanted to win Brit title in tradition

Billy Joe Saunders twice. WBO title.

Gennady Golovkin WBC, WBA super, IBF, IBO. 

And now he's pulled out of defending his Brit title. He missed 4 press conferences, got fined and ordered to make the 5th. He then injures his elbow sparring with a 14st heavyweight. 

Along the way he's leached Blackwell, goaded  Golovkin and Billy Joe, insulted Brook, claimed Langford has had a lucky escape, pissed off Eddie Hearn AND Frank Warren. 

This is a guy that don't own towels (or pens as he's been reminded lol)

Him and his Dad are vile. His Dad is a complete bell end anyway. That has been confirmed over and over again. But Jnr has to be responsible for his own talk too. 

He would have made between £3m and £4m in a fight with Golovkin. He refused the deal that Anthony Joshua accepts and Brook accepted. Instead he accepted £150k for the Langford fight. 

16 hours ago, Alpha said:

Canelo won every round, 3 knockdown and got the KO. 

Smith wanted to scrap it out and Canelo was just waaaaay too good. Hard for Smith to take any positives other than he won't fight anyone at that level at that weight again. 

Liam Smith was terrible, but I think he vastly underperformed as a result of not being able to have proper sparring sessions ahead of the fight due to a previous cut.

I couldn't see what he was trying to do. He had no plan, looked so unprepared. To beat Canelo you either need to walk him down (very unlikely, unless you're GGG) or pot shot and move like Mayweather Jr, Erislandy Lara (who was better than Canelo but controversially lost) and Amir Khan (before being knockout out).

Smith didn't attempt either. He often just allowed Canelo to punch him with a high guard, and then when he finally backed him up on the ropes he didn't apply any sort of pressure and just got countered.

I've seen Canelo a lot, being Mexican, and Smith was probably the easiest fight he's had in the past five years. I couldn't believe how easy it was for him.

I feel sorry for Smith. I don't think he's some hype-job or an average paper champion, he just vastly underperformed and I  now highly doubt he will get another shot at an elite fight again in his career.

Weird ending tonight, Cleverly winning when his opponent didn't come out in the mid rounds with a dislocated elbow.

Good fight up till then, but had to laugh at Froch saying he'd carry on unless he couldn't physically move his arm.

On 5 October 2016 at 07:33, Simsy said:

and now taking cocaine to deal with his mental issue...

Sad isn't it?

I've never been a fan of Audley Harrison but he spoke very well on the perils of boxing the other day.

The dangers of head trauma are well-documented but it's the heightened sense of power which can be the most damaging. What do you do to replicate that self esteem when the fighting stops?

Those who were your 'friends' when you were the centre of attention and earning lots of money suddenly disappear. Those acting as your agent don't want to help you through the day.

If you're not careful, the perfect body you built up through hours of hard work turns quickly to fat and you look like every other guy of your age, except you've got a flat nose and a lisp. Those corner girls don't wink at you now.

I would imagine it can be a very lonely place and I hope plans for mental health support come to fruition.

It will be interesting to see if women's boxing can avoid such outcomes.

3 hours ago, Norman said:

I'm sorry, but how did Ricky Burns win that on the score cards by so much. I had Relikh by a round. Burns won one card  118-110!

Absolute ********

Might as well go home if you're boxing in Britain as a challenger if it goes to the judges.

Happens everywhere. My friend is a pro boxer, fought Carl Frampton on the undercard of Froch-Bute. I went with him to Orlando a couple of weeks ago to fight Christopher Diaz from Puerto Rico.

It was an eight-round fight, and most had it as a draw. Two judge scored it 78-73 and one 80-71. My friend slipped in the first round and they counted it as a knockdown, was a joke.

Happens everywhere in boxing these days. 

On 07/10/2016 at 23:17, Norman said:

I'm sorry, but how did Ricky Burns win that on the score cards by so much. I had Relikh by a round. Burns won one card  118-110!

Absolute ********

Might as well go home if you're boxing in Britain as a challenger if it goes to the judges.

I think at the very very best someone could only have Burns by 1 round. 

That scoring was impossible. 

I had Relikh by 1 round too. Don't know anyone who had Burns.

On 11 October 2016 at 15:53, Alpha said:

I think at the very very best someone could only have Burns by 1 round.

That scoring was impossible.

I had Relikh by 1 round too. Don't know anyone who had Burns.

I did have Burns but only by 1 round! Those scores were embarrassing

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Fury vacates world titles. Joshua v Klitshcko almost set. Titles will be on the line.

What a fight!!!!

Oh and Luis Ortiz now with matchroom.  He might get the interest now to get some good fights.

Joshua to KO Klitshcko to end his career.

Or will we see another tactical masterclass by Klitschko. To be honest I would of waited for one more klitshcko fight because if AJ did win he wouldn't get as much credit because Fury already beat him.

I do actually think Fury would of got beat comfortably by Klitschko in the rematch though but we will never know.

• 2 weeks later...