Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

Having said that, he has just had his career ended. He was ***** anyway tbh, and at least now with haye's donations he can still make a living through the sport, if he decided to be a coach/trainer. I wish boxing had a dana white, it would be so much more interesting instead of boxers avoiding each other (e.g wilder)

1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Having said that, he has just had his career ended. He was ***** anyway tbh, and at least now with haye's donations he can still make a living through the sport, if he decided to be a coach/trainer. I wish boxing had a dana white, it would be so much more interesting instead of boxers avoiding each other (e.g wilder)

Nick Blackwell was ****? Honestly that's a joke of a statement. He has a rep as a good fighter that always came up slightly short in the big fights. British champ and he's ****, casual fans do my swede in.

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Nick Blackwell was ****? Honestly that's a joke of a statement. He has a rep as a good fighter that always came up slightly short in the big fights. British champ and he's ****, casual fans do my swede in.

I read that as Nick Blackman at first :lol:

TBF his opponent is young-ish in boxing age and never fought anyone decent, his lack of experience killed him.  

This is the funniest interview ever, I love kugan and BJS now. Him and fury are my two favourite boxers haha. I was in stitches watching this

British boxing is going through a golden generation. I think the belt situation is a bit of a joke though.

I mean, as there are four belts per weight class, it's becoming increasingly easier to win world titles. You could lose in one route such as WBC, then just go on the IBF trail. Lose that then go to WBC.

It's allowed our promoters to pretty much cherry pick fights and allow the likes of DeGale, Joshua, Burns, Billy Joe Saunders, Liam Smith and Lee Selby to win world titles without ever having to fight the best in their division.

I give props to Fury, Crolla and Brook (beating Porter) for actually winning titles against elite opponents. 

People like Billy Joe Saunders talks like he's the top dog when he's not even in the top five in his division. I don't mind the guy, but he really needs to save the talk for when he's beaten a Canelo/GGG/TCotto/Jacobs/Lara.

If BJS and Eubank JR fight again, I'd back Eubank now. Seems to have come on loads.

8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

If BJS and Eubank JR fight again, I'd back Eubank now. Seems to have come on loads.

I thought Eubank was the better fighter first time around. Lost the fight fair and square, but showed more ability and blew it with poor tactics and posturing. I'd certainly back him to beat BJS in a rematch, and it's got to happen.

Bellew & haye mouthing off to each other, potentially might happen 

Just think Bellew is going to get himself murdered if/ when he fights haye 

Haye is Bigger, faster and more skillful, he could pretty much choose the the round he wants to stop him in. In my opinion its a complete miss match. Haye was always a big cruiserweight and bellew coming up from light heavy. He has no chance 

57 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Bellew & haye mouthing off to each other, potentially might happen 

Just think Bellew is going to get himself murdered if/ when he fights haye 

Haye is Bigger, faster and more skillful, he could pretty much choose the the round he wants to stop him in. In my opinion its a complete miss match. Haye was always a big cruiserweight and bellew coming up from light heavy. He has no chance 

I can see why Haye is getting involved in a bit of chat. There's a few quid in what would be a big domestic scrap for him and no danger I can see of losing. Surely bigger fish to fry though.

2 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

With any luck Haye will be fighting Fury soon... that fight has to happen at some point.

Id love to see it, only thing is would Fury make him wait? Or not fight him at all after haye pulling out on Fury twice. Boots on the other foot now, back the Fury needed to fight haye more than haye needed to fight fury. Now its the other way round 

I'm glad Bellew is giving Haye some grief. 

Not going to criticise Haye's ability but there's blokes out there that get accused of pampering their records, picking fights carefully and being in it purely for money that do those things less than Haye. 

He's a good fighter so there's no need for it. 

But he'll only take risks when the money is big. He'll fight Bellew because it's a win. Same as Briggs. He won't fight Fury because it's high risk and low (ish) reward. He wouldn't dream of fighting Wilder because again, high risk, low reward. And he'd happily fight Joshua even though it's very high risk but Joshua is the money magnet (hence champions calling HIM out). 

Haye isn't big money on his own. 

No chance will he fight Fury. Not until it's worth getting knocked out for. Forget glory and belts. 

Which is a shame because he's dangerous to everyone. 

Not a Haye fan as you can guess. 

He will only fight Whyte if it's the only way to land Jo$hua

I bet Haye got an erection when Bellew called him out, what with Bellew now getting some hype. 

I know all boxers have to keep their value high by the way. 

Joshua isn't going to fight Klitshcko next is he no matter what happens to Fury. Not got the financial lure of Fury or Wilder and it's high risk. 

But with Haye... He has the ability to take on some far higher ranked fighters than what he will routinely take. Briggs is just a name. He'll be breathing out his arse after 2 rounds. 

He said after that last fight "we were looking for people with undefeated records and this guy was the best of who's available"

Why undefeated? Because you hoped he wouldn't look like such a coward and you'd get closer to the money fight with Joshua. 

Because there's a good few fighters out there with defeats on their record that were way more credible fights. And Haye would beat them. 

I'd love it if Briggs nailed him in the 2 minutes he's got in the tank. 

Annoyingly I know Haye is too good by far

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I bet Haye got an erection when Bellew called him out, what with Bellew now getting some hype. 

I know all boxers have to keep their value high by the way. 

Joshua isn't going to fight Klitshcko next is he no matter what happens to Fury. Not got the financial lure of Fury or Wilder and it's high risk. 

But with Haye... He has the ability to take on some far higher ranked fighters than what he will routinely take. Briggs is just a name. He'll be breathing out his arse after 2 rounds. 

He said after that last fight "we were looking for people with undefeated records and this guy was the best of who's available"

Why undefeated? Because you hoped he wouldn't look like such a coward and you'd get closer to the money fight with Joshua. 

Because there's a good few fighters out there with defeats on their record that were way more credible fights. And Haye would beat them. 

I'd love it if Briggs nailed him in the 2 minutes he's got in the tank. 

Annoyingly I know Haye is too good by far

I agree with both posts

only thing with haye is i do actually think he has the style to trouble joshua. 

Put it in another post styles beat styles, if i were joshua id make haye wait a few years to age more

i think whyte could trouble haye though. In my opinion Whyte is just a better version of chisora  and until the 5th round KO i thought Chisora occasionally troubled him in the first four. I think he's beat whyte but it would be a good test 

23 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

I agree with both posts

only thing with haye is i do actually think he has the style to trouble joshua. 

Put it in another post styles beat styles, if i were joshua id make haye wait a few years to age more

i think whyte could trouble haye though. In my opinion Whyte is just a better version of chisora  and until the 5th round KO i thought Chisora occasionally troubled him in the first four. I think he's beat whyte but it would be a good test 

Yeah. I think Hearn has probably thought Haye is too high risk for the reward. 

Which is sort of what Haye does. Difference is that, with exception of that Zumbano fella Joshua fought when back from injury, Joshua has been on a steady rise of opponents. Ok, so Martin was worse than Whyte but Martin was his gateway. Plus he nearly KO'd Whyte in round 1 tbf. 

This Breazeale probably could have been better but there's a few decent reasons for not taking say Stiverne. 

Martin was so easy that they went almost straight back into camp. He's already in a position of power to attract bigger names and skip Stiverne and Co. 

He's in a position of power. Like Canelo, he's getting slated a bit but you can understand why he won't take risks. The Golovkin fight isn't going anywhere. It'll still be there for him in a year and the money will still be huge. He's in a position to take on a couple of lesser fights. Maybe BJS or Jacobs and get a belt or two.

Haye? Unless he cons the media into pushing a big fight (not likely when he fights divers) then he's just going to what? Beat up blokes below his level? 

He needs some real stepping stones. Bellew will be one. But if Bellew hadn't called him out and offered up easy good money then what would he be doing? Knocking out Swiss punchbags? 

I'm going on now. Purely because Haye annoys me. 

But yeah, I appreciate he's still a threat and his agility combined with a decent power could trouble Joshua. 

I just hope he has to wait. And in that wait I hope he has to take more risks. Or should I say some risk considering his comeback fights. 

1 bloke never threw a punch

1 bloke spent his money before his plane landed

Briggs... hmm

Bellew at what weight? If it's outside cruiserweight then... wow. Haye should have to fight Hughie and Tyson at the same time! 

Gotta up his game after this. 

Agree on Haye's career path. Love watching him fight though. If he was naturally a shirt size bigger he'd have cleaned up.

Bellew vs Haye would be a mis-match of massive proportions. Having said that, maybe Bellew just wants one last big payday and then call it time and what has been a solid career. He hasn't taken too much punishment.

I still think Haye is in the top five best heavyweights in the world. But there seems to be no ladder. You fight the champion, either win his belt or drop into the abyss.

Why can't Wilder, Haye, Fury, Wladimir and Joshua just set up a 5-man league. Have a fight every five months or so. They'll all be loaded, and the viewers will get what they want.

It's the promoters that wouldn't have it. I'm sure the majority of boxers would fight anyone. Plenty of money in the routine fights. 

I wonder what will happen if Wlad beats Fury?

According to Hearn, the Joshua v Fury talks are so advanced that they've talked splits. I'm sure Fury wouldn't lose value by losing to Wlad. But losing to Wlad and Joshua within a year... what do you do with him then? From a promoter's perspective. 

And then there's Ortiz. The least attractive fight for all of them because he's very dangerous and low value. Who's going to fight him?