Derby County v Nottingham Forest

Mafiabob

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Yorkshire. He took his goal well, made some strong surging runs from midfield, defended well when he had to and linked well with Thorne and Bryson as well as the strikers. One of his best performances for a long time for me.

I do think we have a problem with him though, generally. We know that a three of Hendrick Hughes and Bryson doesn't work well enough, but we now also know that Hendrick isn't confident or effective in other positions, on the right or as holding midfielder. So we are left with a straight choice and at the moment he's not quite as good as Eustace, Hughes or Bryson. Pity, cos I like him as a player. Mind you SM will find it hard to change the team for Tuesday.

I agree, we shouldn't drop him on Tuesday after a performance like that. Hopefully he will put in consistent performances of that standard. Even if he's not starting though, knowing we have that calibre of player on the bench is a massive bonus for us.

Thought Thorne was excellent. Could've gone into his shell after that early yellow but still did his job regardless. The second goal was the killer because they were slowly creeping back into it & we were backing off a little. But they were awful. That Moussi was/is rubbish. 

how darius henderson gets paid for being a footballer is beyond me. I did enjoy it when he went over to their fans at the end and they all told him to **** off.

also - why did the ref not give a peno for the greening handball?. - he did make me giggle when he was simultaneously blowing his whistle and trying to play on....

Looking back at individual performances now, the attackers totally had them.

Bamford really stepped up to the plate and was one of the best players on the pitch, I was skeptical about him starting so I was pleased to see him do so well. Ward was quality when he was on, disappointed to see him go off but Russell was even better! That goal was just unreal, he put in effort and could have had 2/3. Hendrick and Thorne were solid, Hendrick in particular seems to have learnt the position better.

Martin was the best a striker could be without scoring really, the assist for Bryson was Premier League standard and that flick-on was only stopped by an incredible save.

Bryson needs no words.

There's lots that I love and admire about Bucko and his approach to football and our club but there's a bit after Bryson's first goal that sums him up to me.

After he scores, Bryson and Wardy both deliberately make their way over to the Reddogs to give them some - right and proper too - and the rest of the players leap all over them both and join in the general celebrating. Watch Bucko then. He comes in and shepherds the players away, celebrating with them but cool. It's as if he's saying "good start lads but there's 85 minutes to go and we haven't won this yet. Oh and let's not get involved in a ruck with their fans until we've won".

I like that coolness in the middle of a storm. Good leadership. Good guy. Good player.

There's lots that I love and admire about Bucko and his approach to football and our club but there's a bit after Bryson's first goal that sums him up to me.

After he scores, Bryson and Wardy both deliberately make their way over to the Reddogs to give them some - right and proper too - and the rest of the players leap all over them both and join in the general celebrating. Watch Bucko then. He comes in and shepherds the players away, celebrating with them but cool. It's as if he's saying "good start lads but there's 85 minutes to go and we haven't won this yet. Oh and let's not get involved in a ruck with their fans until we've won".

I like that coolness in the middle of a storm. Good leadership. Good guy. Good player.

Yeah, I noticed that too - class. That being said, I also appreciated the way that the goals were celebrated, it clearly mean't a lot to them. The first goal, and the last in particular - just summed up the respective attitudes of the teams, and goes some way to explaining why it was so easy - we wanted it, they looked like they couldn't give a t0ss.

Yeah, I noticed that too - class. That being said, I also appreciated the way that the goals were celebrated, it clearly mean't a lot to them. The first goal, and the last in particular - just summed up the respective attitudes of the teams, and goes some way to explaining why it was so easy - we wanted it, they looked like they couldn't give a t0ss.

So Bryson celebrating provocatively in front of the Forest fans was class? Tyson had the book thrown at him for his flag waving antics but Bryson did not even get booked.

Archived