Derby County v Nottingham Forest

Mafiabob

Best Derby Forest match I was at?  Derby 4-2 Forest when Archie Gemmill had just signed for us.

Best Derby Forest match ever?  Derby 5-0 Forest when Bryson scored a hat-trick.

Don't know about the Derby 5-0 Forest game when Bloomer scored a hat-trick 116 years ago.

Before my time even, that one! :D

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Ratings

Grant 7 Wisdom 7 Forsyth 7 Keogh 7 Buxton 7 Thorne 7 Bryson 7 Hendrick 7 Bamford 7 Ward 7 Martin 7 Russell 7

We played ok-good. No more, no less. It's all we had to be to beat that shower 5-0.

Bryson got abit lucky with the penalty, it was actually quite poor.

Russell's goal was fab.

First-half we were really clinical and some of the passing moves were a joy to watch. Second-half I felt we could have scored another two or three quite easily. Bamford was too eager to score himself that he completely ignored Russell who was free on the left side at least three tmes.

Thorne was good, though his tackle and booking was stupid and so obvious. But on the ball, I thought he was excellent and positioning wise he made Greening (who was out of position so much) look like a donkey.

Distribution from the back at times was really good - though I'm not sure whether this was because the likes of Cox, Mackie, Henderson, Halford, Moussi, Greening, Majewski etc.. were all just so bad at tracking runs and so slow to close down.

For Forest, they were simply awful. I felt sorry for Patterson as he was by far their best player, and at times gave Wisdom the run around.

Majewski was sharp for the first 20 mins in possession then went AWOL. Mackie made a few good runs but his finishing was so bad it would be criticised at Sunday league level.

Anyone heard Ned Kelly's interview after the game? He actually comes across as a decent, likeable bloke. But basically he said that Forest just plan for who they play next. It's such a backwards way of thinking that no wonder they're so bad, as they do zero work on their own game.

Their tactics were woeful. It was simply, get the ball to Patterson and let him run at Wisdom - or, hoof it upfield and hope to win the second ball.

Bryson got abit lucky with the penalty, it was actually quite poor.

Russell's goal was fab.

First-half we were really clinical and some of the passing moves were a joy to watch. Second-half I felt we could have scored another two or three quite easily. Bamford was too eager to score himself that he completely ignored Russell who was free on the left side at least three tmes.

Thorne was good, though his tackle and booking was stupid and so obvious. But on the ball, I thought he was excellent and positioning wise he made Greening (who was out of position so much) look like a donkey.

Distribution from the back at times was really good - though I'm not sure whether this was because the likes of Cox, Mackie, Henderson, Halford, Moussi, Greening, Majewski etc.. were all just so bad at tracking runs and so slow to close down.

For Forest, they were simply awful. I felt sorry for Patterson as he was by far their best player, and at times gave Wisdom the run around.

Majewski was sharp for the first 20 mins in possession then went AWOL. Mackie made a few good runs but his finishing was so bad it would be criticised at Sunday league level.

Anyone heard Ned Kelly's interview after the game? He actually comes across as a decent, likeable bloke. But basically he said that Forest just plan for who they play next. It's such a backwards way of thinking that no wonder they're so bad, as they do zero work on their own game.

Their tactics were woeful. It was simply, get the ball to Patterson and let him run at Wisdom - or, hoof it upfield and hope to win the second ball.

Christ now even Bill-eh's best mate his criticising his methods!

'd/14/03/23/ane6u6u3' alt='Posted Image' class='bbc_img' />

Grant - 7 - 1 good save early on and good distribution

Wisdom - 7 - Paterson played well in fairness but Wisdom never really let him get a cross in. Didn't offer much going forward.

Keogh - 8 - Won countless aerial duels against tough opposition and had excellent positioning

Buxton - 8 - See Keogh

Forsyth - 7 - Steady in defence, marauded forward on many occasions with no end product, he has crossed better this season.

Thorne - 7 - Good debut all things considered, great ball to Bamford for the penalty foul, took too long in possession on a few occasions, need match fitness too.

Bryson - 10 - Don't think a CM could have done any more. Pretty much faultless all game. Poor pen but still scored.

Hendrick - 9 - Had the beating of Greening and Moussi, excellent control in tight areas and brought the ball down from the air well.

Bamford - 8 - Touch was terrific, great assists to Hendrick and Bryson penalty, also great secondary assist to Martin for the 2nd.

Martin - 8 - Hardly lost the ball whether played to feet or the air, passing as per usual was great. 

Russell - 8 - Still had the dynamic side to his game in terms of running but also shot more, could have had another if he got his shot away quicker and didn't kick air.

Bamford was too eager to score himself that he completely ignored Russell who was free on the left side at least three tmes.

At least that enthusiasm means he's definitely got no love for forest. I thought it would have been nice to really rub it in with a screamer from Bamford for the 6th, but then I remembered he won the penalty, and that fantastic assist for Hendrick. So he more than played his part, much like Martin...

And I do hope the Forest fans are appreciating that.

I've watched that video 5 times now and can't stop Laughing at Keogh shagging Rammies head after Bryson penalty hahahahaha!!!

Yoouuuuu RRAAAAMMMSSSSS!!!!!!!

Come on Derby! What a fantastic day!!!!

Forest could have put out any team they wanted today... We would have beat anything they put infront of us! What a performance!

At least that enthusiasm means he's definitely got no love for forest. I thought it would have been nice to really rub it in with a screamer from Bamford for the 6th, but then I remembered he won the penalty, and that fantastic assist for Hendrick. So he more than played his part, much like Martin...

And I do hope the Forest fans are appreciating that.

I did fear for him when he went over to applaud the Forest fans at the end, but to be fair to them, they showed him some respect and applauded back. Took some bottle for him to do that though. Could've turned nasty if a few idiots had decided to make a point.

Clever lad and he's got some class about him.

Best Derby Forest match I was at? Derby 4-2 Forest when Archie Gemmill had just signed for us.

Best Derby Forest match ever? Derby 5-0 Forest when Bryson scored a hat-trick.

Don't know about the Derby 5-0 Forest game when Bloomer scored a hat-trick 116 years ago.

Before my time even, that one! :D

any footage of the bloomer hat-trick?

Chris Martin didn't score once! This is the bloke in charge of the prediction league results.....did anyone check his references at the start of the season?

Can I have bonus points for the cold north easterly wind?

no , now piss off..

:lol:

Archived