Derby County v Nottingham Forest

Mafiabob

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the first half back. 3 certain and 1 probable forest chant heard, none of them longer than 3 or 4 repeats. 

Good support? ********. Bit more second half maybe, but not all that were they? Only sang out of embarrassment.

Forest legends grab 3-0 victory against Rams in old boy derby for Sport Relief

By TomNorton  |  Posted: March 23, 2014

By Tom Norton

Comments (5)

Forest fans had something to cheer about following Saturday’s crushing 5-0 loss – as some of the club’s most famous names beat the Rams at an old boys’ clash for Sport Relief.

It was among a host of fundraising events and activities that took place across the county at the weekend in support of the charity.

Reds legends including former England international Des Walker, club stalwart Steve Chettle and European cup-winning star Gary Mills teamed up to win against Derby 3-0 at Grange Park, the home of Long Eaton United FC.

More than 3,000 people watched Gary Bull net from close range before the break, with Forest legend Steve Chettle stroking home a free kick in the second half.

Darren Huckerby completed the scoring in the old boys derby.

Speaking at half-time, Des Walker said it was a joy to be reunited with the team.

He said: “Sports Relief is a great charity and it’s great to be playing alongside some of these players and to see them again.

“We’ve got to get one over on Derby and at the moment we’re doing a great job.”

Gary Mills said it was crucial the old guard played well after Saturday’s defeat at Derby’s iPro Stadium.

He said: “People have come to enjoy the game and we want to win as well.

“We want to put it right for all the Forest fans that are here today.”

Of course, it was not just the Reds who were lifting the spirits, as chidlren from Nottinghamshire took part in swimming, football and running.

Pupils from West Bridgford Junior School donated £1 each to run for the Sport Relief Mile.

The school managed to raise £314, with ex Notts County player Gary Lund making an appearance to present the Sports Achievement Award to Joe Kirby of Year 6.

In addition, Gary donated £200 to bring the school total up to £514.

PE teacher Neil Simmonds said: “It was a great experience, which everyone enjoyed.”

Nine-year-old Ed Parry, from West Bridgford, helped to raise more than £700 by organising a football tournament on Friday at the Powerleague football centre in Thane Road, Lenton.

In addition to fancy dress matches with players in pink wigs and onesies, the tournament received donations from Notts County and Forest, helping to raise a total of £773.

And to top it all off, Nathan Barracliff, eight, from Bulwell took on a whopping 100 lengths for charity at Beechdale Swimming Centre, clocking 2.5km in less than 100 minutes.

He was joined in a similar effort at Beechdale by Amelia Slater, eight, couldnt find out where she was from who swam the same distance and raised over £100.

Nathan said: “I did it because I wanted to help people.

“The most I have ever done is 102 metres and I did that in practice last week.

“I have made £300 for charity and I’m feeling really good.”

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Forest-legends-grab-3-0-victory-Rams-old-boy/story-20843465-detail/story.html#ixzz2wxSAH4wx

Maybe this is that history repeating itself, the cup final after the 5-0 win. Much rather this than in the play off final.

Also, even more embarrassing for the current team. This is how it's done you bunch of idiots.

Who was playing for us?

Surely we've won the BC trophy enough times now to just keep it outright? Brazil only had to win the World Cup three times before they kept it FFS....

Not sure about the BC trophy but I just had a quick look at our head to head results over the last 21 years: We have only lost 6 times out of 27 games in all competitions. Who's in who's shadow?

Looks like it.

A touch hypocritical under the circumstances, wouldn't you say?

Perhaps he thinks we've forgotten.

Is Kenny Burns the fella that is normally writing crap articles for Notts Forest?

Does that mean he was on the loosing side twice this weekend, even when he switched sides. Wow, what a bad weekend.

Archived