Derby County v Nottingham Forest

Mafiabob

Not done ratings before, but that has inspired me to have a go:

Grant 9 - didn't put a foot wrong

Wisdom 8 - still not quite the force he was early in his loan spell, but solid and confident

Keogh 9 - dominant

Buxton 10 - this means so much to him, gave it everything defensively and pushing forward

Forsyth 9 - came forward well, especially when Ward was on, but never left gaps at the back either

Thorne 9 - nervy very early, but looks like an intelligent, accomplished footballer

Hendrick 9 - best performance since his injury, great goal

Bryson 10 - utterly peerless, all over the pitch, and actually scored a penalty! Legend.

Ward 9 - looked really good, troubled them, hope he's not out for too long

Martin 9 - some lovely touches, especially the lay-off for Bryson's second

Bamford 8 - less lightweight than of late, bit greedy late on, fantastic pass for Hendrick's goal

Subs

Russell 9 - was just about to say he needed a goal, when he banged one in - he's going to be really important in the run-in

Sammon / Hughes - can't complain

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings from the Maldives!!! Picture perfect blue sky, desert islands feel, swimming with sharks, rays and nemos. Beautiful sunset cruise. Just when I thought the day couldn't get any better, I just got back to see this result. Sometimes life is very good!!

Grant 5 - Had absolutely nothing to do. I'd love to give him a 10 for the clean sheet but it was never under threat due to the sheer ineptness of Forest as a team.

Wisdom 6 - Still not quite the dominant player we had at the start of his loan spell. Some silly mistakes creeping in.

Keogh and Buxton 8 - Utterly dominant. Thug Henderson caused a few problems but nothing serious. Passion on show from these two was fantastic.

Forsyth 7 - Solid defensively and got forward well. Some quality crosses.

Thorne 7 - Very good in the air and at breaking the play up. Not so good with the ball at his feet. A few wayward passes and slips that conceded possession.

Hendrick 8 - Dynamic. Won the ball back on so many occasions and was rampant going forward. Great finish for the goal.

Bryson 9 MOTM - I don't give out 10s.

Bamford 7 - Much better from him. Caused them problems and played big parts in the goals, although he gave the ball away a bit too much for my liking.

Ward 7 - I love this man. Showed fight and passion, as well as giving Jara a hard time whilst he was on the pitch. His winding up of the away fans was excellent to watch too.

Martin 8 - Classic Martin display. Held the ball up well and some fantastic play bringing the midfielders in. Unlucky not to score. I'm sure his reputation didn't help his case either, especially in the first 20 minutes or so when some stone-wall fouls on him didn't go his way.

Russell 7 - Finally some end product from a player with so much potential! A threat every time he got the ball and could have had a hat-trick if he didn't air-kick and dally on a couple of chances. Fortunately, he scored a wonder goal to make up for it!

Hughes and Sammon 5 - Neither did too much. Personally, I was too busy celebrating by the time these two came on.

Amazing day.

Seemed somehow surreal.

We were good. They were impotent.

Came down at half time thinking 'Jonny Russell deserves a goal, he's a worked hard and never had a strop for not playing every game'

He ends up scoring a world class goal.

Great atmosphere.

Really surprised how much they let us run at them.

Can you remember so many 40yd runs from our guys all season.

Bryson has to be player of the year now.

Not just a 'great engine' but a proper premier class midlfielder.

Hyperbole?

Probably.

But **** it.

We beat 'em 5-0!!

COYR

Thorne 7 - Very good in the air and at breaking the play up. Not so good with the ball at his feet. A few wayward passes and slips that conceded possession.

does that wayward pass include the absolute belter he played over the top to bamford to win the penalty??  :p

still a fair, non-over exuberant rating of a quality performance! just a shame forest were so so abysmally poor and offered no fight but still can;t take anything away from the lads today, excellent effort!

does that wayward pass include the absolute belter he played over the top to bamford to win the penalty??  :p

still a fair, non-over exuberant rating of a quality performance! just a shame forest were so so abysmally poor and offered no fight but still can;t take anything away from the lads today, excellent effort!

It does, would have been a 6 otherwise :p

I did have to factor in how poor Forest were, which is a shame. I really wanted to give the whole back 5 9s and 10s but you can't do that when the opposition didn't even put up a challenge for them.

It does, would have been a 6 otherwise :p

I did have to factor in how poor Forest were, which is a shame. I really wanted to give the whole back 5 9s and 10s but you can't do that when the opposition didn't even put up a challenge for them.

hahah yeah had a steady game, especially when you consider it's his debut and lacks match fitness...long term cover for eustace?? 

shame really would've been nice to thump them 5-0 and they were at full strength so couldn't have any excuse but i'm not for one second going to let that shroud my happiness at the performance, hopefully this will set us up for the run in

I thought Hendricks goal was class. How many times do we see people try to hit it past the keeper. Hendrick commited the keeper then tucked it away. I went mad!!!

Hendrick shown his form from last season today, brilliant performance and a classy finish. Very composed player, as is Thorne by the looks of it, class act.

Archived