Will Hughes - Summer 2013 rumours

-JW-

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd take 10 million tbh. If it all goes back into the squad, we could buy 5-6 real quality players.

At this moment in time though, Hughes is only worth a couple of million to us on the pitch. The other 10+ comes from his age and potential.

I'd take 10 million tbh. If it all goes back into the squad, we could buy 5-6 real quality players.

At this moment in time though, Hughes is only worth a couple of million to us on the pitch. The other 10+ comes from his age and potential.

reinvested!?!? :D I don't think we're going to see the one million off brayford reinvested like they said it would be. Never mind ten million.

If we don't need to sell, don't want to sell and Will is happy playing every game for us here, why should we accept anything less than £10m, More than one club has looked at him and more than one club would want him. How many teams were genuinly interested in Zaha? 

Don't know about anyone else but I'm genuinely exited for when Hughes leaves and we can use part of the money to build a promotion chasing team. We are only a few players away from it and I have faith in Clough and Rush to go out and spend it wisely. 

Will be a sad day when he does leave but with that money and maybe Hughes on loan for the season after it will create a buzz around the place that we haven't had in quite a while.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Hughes leave before the end of this window - but maybe that is just me still negative from the Brayford sale, the lack of reinvestment of the Brayford million, Buxton's performance, Clough's substitutions or the late equaliser!!

If he did go I would hope for two things;

Firstly that we don't get bummed in the transfer market like we normally do. We would want a minimum of £10 million with up to £5 million of achievable add ons. In reality we will get nearer to £5 million.

Secondly, because I like Hughes as a player I hope he gets a move to a team like Swansea, Southampton or Aston Villa where he'll play games in the right sort of team to encourage his development. In reality he will move to Man City or Arsenal and never play.

Don't know about anyone else but I'm genuinely exited for when Hughes leaves and we can use part of the money to build a promotion chasing team. We are only a few players away from it and I have faith in Clough and Rush to go out and spend it wisely. 

Will be a sad day when he does leave but with that money and maybe Hughes on loan for the season after it will create a buzz around the place that we haven't had in quite a while.

I am afraid I agree.

Whilst it will be a sad day when Will does leave us, and it will happen very soon, the only way a club like ours can now compete is by bringing these youngsters through and selling them for a fat profit. It is the only reason Southampton are where they are now.

So, as much as I like to see the Hughes´,Hendrick´s and Bennett´s in our team, they are the future of our club but only in what we can get for them at the moment. Only when that money has been reinvested and we are an established Prem side can we dream about holding onto them and fielding a team of home grown premiership stars.

i agree mate. 

I don't even think getting promoted would keep him here, if he carries on the way he has been he will be playing for one of the top teams in Europe by the time he is 21.

If he fill out a bit more (which will happen, the lad is still young!), he could be the next Paul Scholes.

You can't predict the future though, look at Giles Barnes...hes playing in america now.

I am afraid I agree.

Whilst it will be a sad day when Will does leave us, and it will happen very soon, the only way a club like ours can now compete is by bringing these youngsters through and selling them for a fat profit. It is the only reason Southampton are where they are now.

So, as much as I like to see the Hughes´,Hendrick´s and Bennett´s in our team, they are the future of our club but only in what we can get for them at the moment. Only when that money has been reinvested and we are an established Prem side can we dream about holding onto them and fielding a team of home grown premiership stars.

Also they're the future of England, in regards to Hughes and Bennett. And let's face it while they play for us in the Championship they won't be picked for the senior England squad! Saying that though i suppose zaha got picked whilst at palace.

The day Hughes is devestating and rips a team apart in this league is the day I think he'll be ready for the prem. He's not done it yet so I hope he just keeps learning his game with us.

If he left for a top six club now I think his career would be limited.

Hughes is our ticket out of this league IMO

He'll either stay long enough to win games on his own and take us up

or we'll sell him for 10 million plus, using the money to bring the side up to automatic promotion quality

Just hope we have a good insurance policy on him in case he gets injured!

Could he be talking about our Will...

Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio has revealed his desire to land an English playmaker ahead of the new Barclays Premier League season.

Di Canio has already signed nine new players this summer, but he feels there is a key piece of the jigsaw still missing.

"The club is working on the two full-backs, but more important to me is the need to get a key player in central midfield, someone who's English," Di Canio told the Sunderland Echo.

Archived