Will Hughes - Summer 2013 rumours

-JW-

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They couldn't afford him. They've been strongly linked with Tom Huddlestone so imagine it will be him, especially if Spurs sign Capoue

Good call re Huddlestone. He always struck me as the type of player you would want to build your team around - such a lovely passer of the ball.

The day Hughes is devestating and rips a team apart in this league is the day I think he'll be ready for the prem. He's not done it yet so I hope he just keeps learning his game with us.

If he left for a top six club now I think his career would be limited.

I'd say he's already done that against Leeds.

I'd also say I've rarely seen a match where he's not been the best of the 22 players on the pitch.

The day Hughes is devestating and rips a team apart in this league is the day I think he'll be ready for the prem. He's not done it yet so I hope he just keeps learning his game with us.

If he left for a top six club now I think his career would be limited.

I thought we hoped to be a top 6 club this year ??

I'd say he's already done that against Leeds.

I'd also say I've rarely seen a match where he's not been the best of the 22 players on the pitch.

Really? Wow. I guess we see things very differently.

In terms of ability yes, he probably is, most of the time, one of the best 22 on the pitch. I just haven't seen it in that many of his performances. He was good against Leeds, very good. But when I look at some of the performances from Whittingham, Zaha, Williams last season - it wasn't quite up there, in my opinion. And those boys are in the prem.

But there's a difference with those players. They all have at least a year (some many more) on Hughes. I expect he'll be right up there with them when he reaches their respective ages.  

I sound like I'm slating him, and I'm really not. I think he's an excellent talent, and I really want him to stay with us and learn his game, but it feels like Hughes is reviewed through Derby tinted specs, which I understand.

Alan Nixon...

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-barcelona-target-2150772

Meanwhile, Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers wants Derby County midfield marvel Will Hughes – to groom him as the next Steven Gerrard, writes Alan Nixon.

Hughes, just 18, is already being monitored by the likes of Manchester City and Arsenal.

Derby want at least £7million for their wonderkid but could be open to a sale and loan back deal with one of the Premier League’s big boys.

Derby chief Nigel Clough knows Hughes is destined for the top and a sale now would help him build up his squad – but would ideally like to keep the youngster at Pride Park for another season.

Archived