Will Hughes - Summer 2013 rumours

-JW-

I'm just worried how Much money would be spent if we were to sell Hughes for a decent amount (say 7m +)

I'd guess around 2 million, but what do I know?

I just can't see that amount of money taking us to the next level,

A. We need to replace Hughes

B.then buy players to strengthen the team.

It just doesn't seem possible to help us acheive a higher quality team, especially as hughes would be gone.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just worried how Much money would be spent if we were to sell Hughes for a decent amount (say 7m +)

It just doesn't seem possible to help us acheive a higher quality team, especially as hughes would be gone.

I agree, i cant see the money taking us to the next level either, i have always felt that our academy was invested in for exactly this reason, to bring on and sell the youth products we produce,for whatever reason, balance the books or line the directors pockets, who knows....  If Will goes your A and B  are not only necessary but essential or the fans will really get p1ssed off, but this seasons ST's are sold .... so somehow i still dont see the ambition to 'speculate to accumulate' with this board soon, they give us just enough to keep the turnstiles revolving, but not enough to make them spin.... Until next April when the cry will come out that the money is there to push for top 6 this year !!!

So, some of the money from Will, like with Brayford, may go on a new signing or maybe two in the January sales ( maybe a loan in the next 4 weeks b4 then too )  but i doubt it will be a CB because NC is hoping that Barks will be back !

Bryson and Hendrick are still very good quality, replacing Hughes wouldn't be difficult - even if a priority, it's all about that defence.. 4 defenders at 1.5/2 million a piece.

remember we have Brayford money too... realistic? not a ******' chance..  :lol:

I agree, i cant see the money taking us to the next level either, i have always felt that our academy was invested in for exactly this reason, to bring on and sell the youth products we produce,for whatever reason, balance the books or line the directors pockets, who knows....  If Will goes your A and B  are not only necessary but essential or the fans will really get p1ssed off, but this seasons ST's are sold .... so somehow i still dont see the ambition to 'speculate to accumulate' with this board soon, they give us just enough to keep the turnstiles revolving, but not enough to make them spin.... Until next April when the cry will come out that the money is there to push for top 6 this year !!!

So, some of the money from Will, like with Brayford, may go on a new signing or maybe two in the January sales ( maybe a loan in the next 4 weeks b4 then too )  but i doubt it will be a CB because NC is hoping that Barks will be back !

I agree with that apart from the board bit, I actually believe that they could be on a very thin line with Nigel and if he was to sell Hughes I'm sure the board would expect promotion spots from the money given, and I don't think Nigel is the manager to achieve that.

Bryson and Hendrick are still very good quality, replacing Hughes wouldn't be difficult - even if a priority, it's all about that defence.. 4 defenders at 1.5/2 million a piece.

remember we have Brayford money too... realistic? not a ******' chance..  :lol:

the "reinvested" brayford money was that right back that's not even playing on loan remember :D

I agree with that apart from the board bit, I actually believe that they could be on a very thin line with Nigel and if he was to sell Hughes I'm sure the board would expect promotion spots from the money given, and I don't think Nigel is the manager to achieve that.

I disagree, sorry, i think that NC has done the boards bidding, and has done a 'decent job' with hardly any 'real' money, i dont think the board expect promotion, i think they are happy with what we have atm, there was a seminar in the USA recently apparently about how to run a Soccer Club, and the main 'ingredient' was low budgets are the way,(look at american owned clubs, dont say about man U cos their debt is huge and they need to do what they do just to pay the interest) just what i heard...... and finding a manager to be happy with that aint easy, so i think they understand each other  :unsure:

I disagree, sorry, i think that NC has done the boards bidding, and has done a 'decent job' with hardly any 'real' money, i dont think the board expect promotion, i think they are happy with what we have atm, there was a seminar in the USA recently apparently about how to run a Soccer Club, and the main 'ingredient' was low budgets are the way,(look at american owned clubs, dont say about man U cos their debt is huge and they need to do what they do just to pay the interest) just what i heard...... and finding a manager to be happy with that aint easy, so i think they understand each other  :unsure:

in recent interviews on radio derby, they have said that funds are actually available to nige to spend on a defender.but as everyone has in the back of the minds, it may well be a lie. Let's hope its not and that the board will not stand more midtable anymore.

in recent interviews on radio derby, they have said that funds are actually available to nige to spend on a defender.but as everyone has in the back of the minds, it may well be a lie. Let's hope its not and that the board will not stand more midtable anymore.

The proof of the pudding etc, i guess we'll see, but despite supporting us through thick and thin since the 60's my cynical side thinks that what ive eluded to will not be miles off the mark with this board. When we spend more than.... lets say 1.8m on a player i will be less cynical. Look at other clubs who we are trying to compete with for this 'top 6' spot, and we have spent far less on players, now im not saying one needs to spend big money, and its been done on small money, but statistically, most 'sucessful' Championship clubs have spent more than 1m each on their best players... 

I really hope to see us back in the prem soon, but i have my reservations as is obvious... but i just wish they would tell us what the real plan is, so we can buy into the facts,  not try to seduce us with 'positive spin' every season

Everyone??? 

Archived