Will Hughes - Summer 2013 rumours

-JW-

What? I know.

I'm just saying that when a lot of fans think of Hendrick, they think of the winner against Forest. Even though it was a season after, he always had that positive mark against him, even before he'd kicked a ball. And when he was playing poorly, I think some people still thought "oh, well he still scored the winner against Forest".

And that's why Bucko is a legend.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? I know.

I'm just saying that when a lot of fans think of Hendrick, they think of the winner against Forest. Even though it was a season after, he always had that positive mark against him, even before he'd kicked a ball. And when he was playing poorly, I think some people still thought "oh, well he still scored the winner against Forest".

And yes, that's one of those moments you'll never forget.

He can have his bad games as long as he scores when it really matters...

• 2 weeks later...

yes that is a slightly worrying article.....also the "season or two at this level"....perhaps the plan is play offs this season , sell Hughes, remodel the side.....automatic 2014-2015....

Dangerous plans  but plans all the same...worked for Southampton (selling their prized asset)

Wonder if these players would stay if we reached the prem this season?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nigel Clough expects a number of big clubs to step up their interest in Derby midfielder Will Hughes.

The highly-rated 18-year-old caught the eye last season as he broke into the Rams' first team, with the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Barcelona sending scouts to Pride Park to watch the youngster.

Derby kick off their Championship campaign at home to Blackburn on Sunday, which is live on Sky Sports, and Clough sees Hughes as having a key part to play in their season.

"I expect Will to pick up where he left off last season, and if he does that then there will inevitably be more interest in him from the top, top clubs," said Clough.

"And in a way, we hope there is that interest because it would mean he is playing well for us.

"We are excited about seeing quite a few of the players this season but him more than anybody, really, after what he did for 30-odd games last season before his injury.

"He looks in good shape now and he has looked good in pre-season. He has got his A-Levels out of the way now, which is good news because now he can just concentrate on his football, and he looks strong."

Clough added: "The England U21s should hopefully come around for him again this season if he plays well enough. But he is bright enough to know that if he keeps on doing it week in, week out for Derby then it will all follow on from there.

"We just expect him to carry on that form from last season and to improve as well.

From Sky Sports today, maybe he'll end up at Barce after all  :ph34r:

zaha-15m and he's not as good and 3-4 years older. We shouldn't just sell for an acceptable price look at Tottenham holding out apparently for 100m because he's a key player well so is Hughes he's no longer a talented 17 year old but probably one of the best players in this division and one of if not the best at the club.id say £15m + ad ons like international appearance. We currently don't have anyone in the academy playing in his position who can be pushed on.

Archived