Will Hughes - Summer 2013 rumours

-JW-

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hughes, replacement form tiote? No offence to the lad, he's good. But no where near good enough to replace a almost above-average BPL midfielder. In an few years maybe, but not this summer.

Its best he's left here to develop. Just like zaha at palace. Hughes is special as his technical ability is quite good for his age, but one big injury could change that. So I don't see why clubs can't leave young talent alone until its ready for the next step.

I hope for his sake and the team we can hold on to Will for this coming season at least. IF we manage to get one or two personal through the door and keep hold of Will and Brayford (but less so) we will have a good shout this year. I expect Will to be stronger and more confident by far this year. Premier League with Derby perhaps? (I can dream can't I)?

Summer is here! It's time to sell some papers and get some website visits. Who's good?

Will Hughes and Thomas Ince got decent reviews I think. Well, those are two players outside the PL that I've heard of.

They'll do. Hughes is young and English right?

Right!

Link him with a lower PL club and make the fee sound exciting. Ince..... Link him with QPR. Or Liverpool? Just somebody who likes spending.

What else boss?

Dunno. Are there any other players in that division?

Don't think so. I only go to Leeds games occasionally.

Right. Pick some big names out of a hat. The best players of clubs with no title chances.

I've got Bale, Fellaini, Suarez...

Ok now lets link them with some huge clubs.

Bayern Munich are good?

Yes, but has anybody heard of them before this year? Try to use them as a last resort.

(Do yourselves a favour boys, take all of it with a pinch of salt)

Nothing new but

Newcastle plot Will Hughes transfer after Derby's 18-year-old midfielder earns England U21 call 31 May 2013 22:30

Toon ready to pay £10m for starlet Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Manchester City have looked at, then loan him back

Derby-County-v-Nottingham-Forest--npowerUh.. man on! Hughes has learned his trade in the hectic world of the Championship
Laurence Griffiths

Newcastle are ready to pay £10million to sign Derby boy wonder Will Hughes.

The 18-year-old midfielder's performances for the Championship club has attracted interest from a host of top clubs, including Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham and Manchester City.

But it's the Geordies who are ready to splash the cash and also offer to immediately loan Hughes back to the Rams for a season, which is likely to tempt boss Nigel Clough to strike a deal.

Hughes’ outstanding displays last term helped him win a call-up to the England Under-21 squad.

He recently signed a new contract ­extension until the summer of 2016.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-hughes-derby-10m-1925166?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Archived