Will Hughes - Summer 2013 rumours

-JW-

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also said the Brayford money would be re-invested..  :ph34r:

On moan in last night, they said that money is still available according to SR last week.

Only caught a couple of mins on way to pub, so not sure what else was said.

On moan in last night, they said that money is still available according to SR last week.

Only caught a couple of mins on way to pub, so not sure what else was said.

It's easy to keep the fans of their back, come the end of the window 'we were happy with what we have, and we could look to improve in january' almost guaranteed for me.

In the shape we're in - we should be forcefully looking for a centre half, in the last few interviews it just seems like they're happy to sit on it.

Don't get me wrong, come the end of the year - the budget looks better, and it keeps the FFP from sticking their nose in. 

It's easy to keep the fans of their back, come the end of the window 'we were happy with what we have, and we could look to improve in january' almost guaranteed for me.

In the shape we're in - we should be forcefully looking for a centre half, in the last few interviews it just seems like they're happy to sit on it.

Don't get me wrong, come the end of the year - the budget looks better, and it keeps the FFP from sticking their nose in. 

It is also the manager that is happy with it, keeps saying Buxton and Keogh are hard to replace.

But we are looking for better not the same.

Either way, (I did mean at least the same level) - how much would it cost to get Harry Maguire (2 times league-one PFA team of the year. 

Michael Morrison (charlton).. even someone like James Tomkins, these are players that if structured the right way you should be able to bring in for 1million pound or like Leicester did with De Laet and Matty James, get in a highly rated young player like Michael keane..there are options to us!  

I just think it's an excuse to sit on the money, I am not one to usually moan - and this is more of a cautious moan at the minute but we should be bringing in some quality to replace Brayford, as it has significantly weakened our team. 

I understand Ambitous' moan, when Brayford was sold I thought it would be to weaken RB slightly to strengthen the CB's considerably. So far the only thing that has come out of selling Brayford is weakening the defence.

Settling with Keogh and Buxton would have been something I was fine with if we'd bought a better, more expensive LB than Forsyth. But we appear to have all our eggs in one basket as far as LB is concerned, so the money should be spent on getting a quality CB. Buxton and Keogh are fine, they'll do but we could get in a seriously good CB. This was most apparent on Saturday seeing Leicester's two CB who were well out of Buxton and Keogh's league. Buxton and Keogh didn't do anything really wrong, but they didn't do anything really good.

Back to what Ambitous said, Harry Maguire would be a perfect signing for us. He wouldn't necessarily be 1st choice immediately (while if we signed a CB from the promoted teams he'd have to be first choice), but he'd be working to get into the squad and give actual competition to Buxton and Keogh (which OB wouldn't do).

£1m for Tomkins? Are you on medication? He would cost £4-5 million plus add ons.

in and out of the west ham side, even more difficult this season for him - was an unused sub on Saturday.

24/25 and the only time he has played was in the championship (properly) 

how is he worth 4/5 million? 

in and out of the west ham side, even more difficult this season for him - was an unused sub on Saturday.

24/25 and the only time he has played was in the championship (properly) 

how is he worth 4/5 million? 

Worth it or not, West Ham put a 6m valuation on him last month.

Archived