Pride Park Atmosphere - Pls Read and Take Action.

therams69

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any goss on the safe standing aspect?

There's a film being shot in Germany in June, basically generic shots of the Rail Seat model of Hannover 96 (I think) of which I know there's a Derby fan, which I assume is Nick, a Leeds fan, a Bristol City fan and possibly others, which is then going to be sent out to Sky, the BBC, ITV and others, so that whenever Safe Standing issues get raised, they can use some of the footage in their reports, rather than dragging up old archive footage of the crumbling terraces of Hillsborough in 1989 and the like so that people know what the campaign is calling for.

That's the latest thing i've heard of. The Early Day Motion (put forward by Don Foster) passed the first reading and has been up for the second reading for about 18 months now, but keeps getting postponed. It was never realistically expected that it will be read again (it may well be, but I doubt it) as it's main aim was to get some more publicity for the campaign (of which it undoubtably did).

DCFC wise - I think as a club we are for it, but as you can imagine clubs are reluctant to break their silence and break with the party line.

There's a film being shot in Germany in June, basically generic shots of the Rail Seat model of Hannover 96 (I think) of which I know there's a Derby fan, which I assume is Nick, a Leeds fan, a Bristol City fan and possibly others, which is then going to be sent out to Sky, the BBC, ITV and others, so that whenever Safe Standing issues get raised, they can use some of the footage in their reports, rather than dragging up old archive footage of the crumbling terraces of Hillsborough in 1989 and the like so that people know what the campaign is calling for.

That's the latest thing i've heard of. The Early Day Motion (put forward by Don Foster) passed the first reading and has been up for the second reading for about 18 months now, but keeps getting postponed. It was never realistically expected that it will be read again (it may well be, but I doubt it) as it's main aim was to get some more publicity for the campaign (of which it undoubtably did).

DCFC wise - I think as a club we are for it, but as you can imagine clubs are reluctant to break their silence and break with the party line.

Spon on mate. Yes I will going over to Hannover in June to help. Also taking flag with me for a shot of it in the ground!

And yes to DCFC!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very late to the party, I know! Sorry! But have signed the petition - very well done and fingers tightly crossed.

Regarding 'Let It Be' - I seem to remember singing something similar way back, with 'Phillip Gee' in the lyric instead... 'Phillip Gee, Phillip Gee, Phillip Gee, Phillip Gee - scoring goals for Derby, Phillip Gee'.

Marvellous. Anyway - I think 'Let It Be' would be a great choice for a club anthem - maybe replace Mother Mary with Brother Nigel...? Or is that some kind of blasphemy?

That's the power of Clough.

Huey Lewis and the News

I've posted that in the classic track thread somewhere. Great choon.

Very late to the party, I know! Sorry! But have signed the petition - very well done and fingers tightly crossed.

Regarding 'Let It Be' - I seem to remember singing something similar way back, with 'Phillip Gee' in the lyric instead... 'Phillip Gee, Phillip Gee, Phillip Gee, Phillip Gee - scoring goals for Derby, Phillip Gee'.

Marvellous. Anyway - I think 'Let It Be' would be a great choice for a club anthem - maybe replace Mother Mary with Brother Nigel...? Or is that some kind of blasphemy?

LET IT BE, LET IT BE, LET IT BE, LET IT BE

LET US PLAY ON SATDEE, LET IT BE..............

Archived