Pride Park Atmosphere - Pls Read and Take Action.

therams69

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, sorry about the sound being poor but you get the idea

Worse football song ever.

Fair play to them for putting the effort in, but it's just embarassing. They would be far better off putting their efforts towards actually starting a decent, original, first in the market song, but that's never gunna happen these days.

Fair play to them for putting the effort in, but it's just embarassing. They would be far better off putting their efforts towards actually starting a decent, original, first in the market song, but that's never gunna happen these days.

It got the crowd going which to me is the main thing

where you at the game last night eastkentram ??, I gotta say I don't normally for for singing as I am wrapped up in my blanket sipping on my Bovril but I thought it was great, it went on for 20 minutes and got a bit of an atmosphere going, it was far from embarrassing and the dude with the drum must have had a bionic arm, if you were there and found it embarrassing fair enough but if you were not there then I think the comment is a bit harsh, mind you, you would never that that sort of a commotion in a library would you.

I know what EKR means, well done to the lads for giving it a go though, it's exactly what's needed!

Maybe this is the start? Maybe it's making a return? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Come on lads, there is nothing better than 10 minutes of [size=1] [size=2]DERBY [size=3]DERBY [size=4]DERBY....DERBY [size=3]DERBY [size=2]DERBY [size=1]DERBY.....[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

It sounds fookin nasty and always has.

where you at the game last night eastkentram ??, I gotta say I don't normally for for singing as I am wrapped up in my blanket sipping on my Bovril but I thought it was great, it went on for 20 minutes and got a bit of an atmosphere going, it was far from embarrassing and the dude with the drum must have had a bionic arm, if you were there and found it embarrassing fair enough but if you were not there then I think the comment is a bit harsh, mind you, you would never that that sort of a commotion in a library would you.

I wasnt there, but i've been at enough games where they've sung it for a long time, Peterborough away being 1 example. It's a **** football song meant for Eastern European ultra groups, not bauld middle aged Englishmen.

I see what EKR is saying but also have to say anything is better than nothing. I'd rather do the pooh songs loud than the new stuff quietly cus nobody joins in.

Long way to go, but it's been better for a couple of games. Matches like v Blackburn are too common. Those are terrible. I could hear Tyson talk.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring it up again, but is there any news?

I really appreciate fans who strive for a change in the atmosphere at PP because without you, who would?

The thing is, I can't help but think the best place for any singing section would be in the east stand along the touchline. The singing would spread to the corners, the younguns would look behind in awe and want to join in. Have a group of lads in the north east, then that would spread across the family stand. Soon there would be waves of DERBY DERBY DERBY!

Everyone says Pride Park is nothing like the Baseball Ground, I know it was more than magical but it didn't make people shout and sing.

Sod it I'm dreaming.

It is very likely that safe standing will be introduced into the top flight of Scottish football by next season which hopefully will really push the campaign in England

2 more teams are coming out with public statements of support on Friday which will take the number of Premiership/Championship in support to 15, plus clubs such as Man City who are keen on it but have not released a public statement of support..

Well following my meeting with Sam yesterday looks like this will be going ahead.

One of the ideas discussed was to move the away fans right over to the South Stand near the SW Corner. But this time the Derby fans would be right next to them, premiership season style. Away tickets would be sold next to the home fans and sold from there towards the SW Corner which means fans would always be next to each other which would be great!

Obviously for the big clubs coming who would take their full allocation ST Holders in the South would potentially need to be moved but clearly before taking a ticket in this area you would agree to this. Say 4 games of the 23 at home. MUST SAY this is still being discussed but either way its looking very good.

Additionally we disussed safe standing. Something new under Sam;s era. Happy to say that following our discussion I am pleased to say that the Derby County Official Twitter account has tweeted the Safe Standing Video that I featured in so over the moon about that.

Had a really good chat with him to be honest and can say that he is actually a 'football man'

Anyway sorry to hijack the topic but how about the Gordon Guthrie Stand? Our longest serving employee. Would rather have it whilst he is still around than in his memory so to speak so he can see and appreciate what us fans think of him.

I will copy and paste this into the SR thread as well.

Nick

Archived