Pride Park Atmosphere - Pls Read and Take Action.

therams69

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Most of these look old enough for their voices to have broke though, maybe in a couple of years..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It is about the future, though.

I once made a throw away comment about most of our singing lot looking like a youth club, I take that back now because they are the future of DCFC fandom and any potential atmosphere they generate at PP is better than nothing.

I'm not a fan of noise for the sake of noise.

"ooooooooh" and "lalalala" isn't atmospheric IMO. It seems unnatural to Brits too.

But the other stuff, the organisation and the chanting... I know a few people have mocked Palace fans at Selhurst for looking like a handful of blokes trying to 'make a statement' sort of thing but I think they're incredible. I love what they're trying to do and they look great fun away.

Certainly inspiring for a sleepy bunch like us.

Been such a shift in recent years, watching Derby

Those first few years in the Prem, PP was electric. It was still all seater, we still never had an original song, there was still music when the players ran out, Rammie still ran round like a tosser.

Fast forward a decade, all the above applies, but the atmosphere is dour. What changed?

The football. We're not as good. Is Anfield as electric now as it was when Liverpool were in the Semi Finals of Europe? Course not.

I'm in favour of a section of safe standing at Derby, but I'm not sure it will play a massive part in the atmosphere if we're mid table, doing ok, plodding along. Where safe standing really benefits supporters is the price point, not the potential atmosphere (IMO).

Case in point last season - 33,000 (?) against Southampton. Full house, some ST holders, some who came on the deal who can't afford to go to that many games. But a blend of regulars and occasionals, same as it was in the Prem. Dead as a dodo in there.

We're at a stage in our history that's pretty unremarkable, in terms of both achievements and quality of football, and it'll be like that for a while. Nowhere in the Championship is bouncing, or if it is, it's the teams who are at the top, doing well.

The simple solution is shout for the team as loud as you bloody can, don't boo, don't hiss, don't tell the manager he doesn't know what he's doing. I know it's easier said than done, but if you just gave that a go for one game, you'd notice a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Been such a shift in recent years, watching Derby

Those first few years in the Prem, PP was electric. It was still all seater, we still never had an original song, there was still music when the players ran out, Rammie still ran round like a tosser.

Fast forward a decade, all the above applies, but the atmosphere is dour. What changed?

The football. We're not as good. Is Anfield as electric now as it was when Liverpool were in the Semi Finals of Europe? Course not.

I'm in favour of a section of safe standing at Derby, but I'm not sure it will play a massive part in the atmosphere if we're mid table, doing ok, plodding along. Where safe standing really benefits supporters is the price point, not the potential atmosphere (IMO).

Case in point last season - 33,000 (?) against Southampton. Full house, some ST holders, some who came on the deal who can't afford to go to that many games. But a blend of regulars and occasionals, same as it was in the Prem. Dead as a dodo in there.

We're at a stage in our history that's pretty unremarkable, in terms of both achievements and quality of football, and it'll be like that for a while. Nowhere in the Championship is bouncing, or if it is, it's the teams who are at the top, doing well.

The simple solution is shout for the team as loud as you bloody can, don't boo, don't hiss, don't tell the manager he doesn't know what he's doing. I know it's easier said than done, but if you just gave that a go for one game, you'd notice a difference.

I must point out, that ball boys thing and the Rammie running around like a lunatic is completely unneccesary. Maybe for a bigger game like against Forest or a bigger Premier League club in the cup? Pretty sure it would get people into it. I burst out laughing last night when Rammie came out, and he came towards us punching his badge..

Thought in large parts the atmosphere was very good last night, especially with the dude with the drum

WOOOOOOOOAHHHHHHHHHHH WOOOOOOAAAAAAAH. LALALALALALALALLA!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

It was brilliant, there was one dude in a black top that just "went for it", I recorded it on my phone

Get it on youtube! I was in the North Stand and me and my mate were going for it as well. If i had a few more drinks before I would have stood up and got everybody up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> it was funny watching that corner jumping around though. I swear I was more animated than most of the people around us. "SHOOT! NO! GOD DAMN YOU SAMMON, DON'T GET IN THE WAY"....."GO ON NUMBER 4"!

Archived