Can we try something different?

Day

Think the thing for me is that it feels like the back and forth needle between the home fans and the away section on here a lot of the time rather than this we are all derby arnt we line that’s put out often , it’s hard work when you are just trying to go to games and enjoy and look for the positives which given where we were very very recently there’s a fair few to not react to constant posts saying how poo we are , how poo the manager is , how clowns is perhaps spinning a line re competitive budget ect ect ect

1 hour ago, DiggerB said:

By no means am I a Warne-hater, but I do feel that sometimes this can be driven by his general demeanour and talking-up of the opposition in pre-match press. By all means respect the opponents but we all know “they’ll be coming to win a game of football”, and “make it difficult for us” by “not coming to have their bellies tickled”, Paul. Just comes across as we’re starting as second favourites.

Saying the things you have quoted isn't setting us up as second favourites. It's just stating the obvious and reminding us we can't be complacent.

19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

By and large, but not entirely, I agree.

I don't think you can put all of the wayward passes, failure to protect the ball and making wrong decisions down to tactics, coaching, team selection and formation.

True. Although as we all know, Paul Warne is the manager and he will ultimately take the stick for any defeat, regardless of individual errors.

I don’t necessarily agree with it, for as long as this forum has been online I believe the players have largely been let off with the manager taking s***.

I also don’t believe what we see is what Warne is asking from the players.

He does however have the responsibility of signing the players and getting the best out of them and that will be what he has to do now to quieten the mob.

Quickly flicked through this thread. Jeez.
Utter. Woke. Nonsense.

Post what you like. Read what you like. Ignore who you don’t like. If you still don’t like, go do something different. 
Particularly annoying reading the occasional posters coming on here saying the forum isn’t as good as it was. Probably true, we appear to have lost a lot of good contributors, probably most subject to the ban hammer. Those who are staying away, just because it’s ‘boring/negative/depressing’ why don’t you try posting a bit more often. Try posting some different, interesting things, that creates mainly positive engagement.

I'd like to hope that most of us would root for the team in the flesh, those who actively want us to lose to further any arguments they have may need to talk that through with someone.

On this forum I flip flop a bit as my mood can sometimes be ... inconsistent and that's reflected in some posts. I so wish I could be more b4, his optimism was genuinely heartwarming to behold.

After the matches I think some of the vehicles of the negativity need to take a back seat (no pull Warne, no cash Clowes) as nothing can be done about any of that until January, then by all means it becomes pertinent if not always sensible to wonder why hasn't Warne got Maldinis kid to sign for us or something.

Post and pre match gentle moans like game management, or tactics, even stuff like why have we signed X when our team is not set up for that players position / game is all part and parcel of us fans. I was once convinced that DPFG had some photos of TBE as he kept on getting game time, whilst Asa left. But the visceral stuff, the toxic environment and the "get them out" (settle down Kenneth Williams) argument, I dont think we are at that point in the season yet.

Eric Steele says give a team 10 games. For me talk about do we want to stick or twist with the manager starts earnestly in November, the team and the league has settled, we can see who and where our are rivals are and if we are happy with that. Clowes may do the same, it all ties into the old new manager in December, and a window in January debates. I'll change my mind if I see the team have abandoned him, or if we have less than 68% possession in any rolling 10 minute period or something.

Major boner alert!

Got away with one here didn’t I, even with just 36% possession, had we lost I’d be getting even more pelters.

toy story cup GIF

Now let it drop to Page 2 before we play again please, ain’t gonna top 3-0 for a while 😂

19 hours ago, ck- said:

I agree with all that. But then I thought we’d be OK after that 2-2 draw against Portsmouth in 2007, so what do I know 😂

Strangely enough, I had exactly the same thoughts as you following that same 2-2 draw.

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Fans kept on singing loud even when they were cutting through us with ease during the first 20 minutes. Would have been easy to let heads drop but the players rewarded the support in bucket loads. 

And that’s the thing that irks when the persistently negative posters get on their horses. It damages the team. Yet if we support  we can change the dynamic .. Kenzo missed one and should have done better but the crown didn’t resort to silence or criticism .. they supported … Bingo, the lad has the confidence to try one 2 minutes later .. Bang. Maybe he would have done it anyway but the way the team look out for each other is spot on and I think PP is drawn to this lot. There’s been a different feel in recent times ( ok success can do that but even so .. ) loved it when Kenzo was interviewed and talked about the atmosphere … If you are an opponent you won’t like to come here. Dead right ! 
Yesterday was a big result and a fine performance abut its impact on the season could be much more than 3 points. 

20 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Quickly flicked through this thread. Jeez.
Utter. Woke. Nonsense.

Post what you like. Read what you like. Ignore who you don’t like. If you still don’t like, go do something different. 
Particularly annoying reading the occasional posters coming on here saying the forum isn’t as good as it was. Probably true, we appear to have lost a lot of good contributors, probably most subject to the ban hammer. Those who are staying away, just because it’s ‘boring/negative/depressing’ why don’t you try posting a bit more often. Try posting some different, interesting things, that creates mainly positive engagement.

Maybe because even when there is something to be positive about some contributors will still be negative or, at best, disappear. The absence of some posters following yesterday's performance and result is very noticeable.

I'm not expecting them to be converted to the Warne cause but they may gain a little more respect if they displayed a bit more of a balanced approach even if the good times are rare in their minds. It's almost as if they are keeping their powder dry until we have another bad performance.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Maybe because even when there is something to be positive about some contributors will still be negative or, at best, disappear. The absence of some posters following yesterday's performance and result is very noticeable.

I'm not expecting them to be converted to the Warne cause but they may gain a little more respect if they displayed a bit more of a balanced approach even if the good times are rare in their minds. It's almost as if they are keeping their powder dry until we have another bad performance.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. You are seriously close to “thought police” territory. Why should ‘these’ posters not post what they want, within the rules for the forum? And why do they need to be conscious of gaining more respect by being balanced? 😂

A online forum to me is like a pub, other than without the fist throwing. I like a good open pub me, and I am prepared to take a few thumps along the way because at least it keeps the blood pumping. Perhaps @Dayshould have a Snug tab on here where anyone who wants to be away from the unruly elements can sit quietly talking nicely over a game of online dominoes about how much better fans they are.

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

We are going to have to agree to disagree. You are seriously close to “thought police” territory. Why should ‘these’ posters not post what they want, within the rules for the forum? And why do they need to be conscious of gaining more respect by being balanced? 😂

A online forum to me is like a pub, other than without the fist throwing. I like a good open pub me, and I am prepared to take a few thumps along the way because at least it keeps the blood pumping. Perhaps @Dayshould have a Snug tab on here where anyone who wants to be away from the unruly elements can sit quietly talking nicely over a game of online dominoes about how much better fans they are.

We need to be careful here as we are close to applying a huge dose of hypocrisy over this entire subject.

Entirely comfortable for anyone to be able to express their point of view.

When they are called out for this then the same posters then say the forum is turning into an unpleasant place, other members are attacking them etc 

As long as it's within the rules of the forum then like you said there's no issue with being challenged on their viewpoints. 

If the same posters want to cultivate an arena for free speech then they also must accept their viewpoints being challenged and being called out for being persistently negative.

At the moment they want it all ways up which is what's wrong about the situation.

43 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Of course everyone is free to post what they like (subject to the rules) but when some only post when they have something negative to say it kind of sets themselves up as being labelled as wums. If they're comfortable with that and have no particular interest in appearing reasonably well balanced in their views then fair enough.

15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We need to be careful here as we are close to applying a huge dose of hypocrisy over this entire subject.

Entirely comfortable for anyone to be able to express their point of view.

When they are called out for this then the same posters then say the forum is turning into an unpleasant place, other members are attacking them etc 

As long as it's within the rules of the forum then like you said there's no issue with being challenged on their viewpoints. 

If the same posters want to cultivate an arena for free speech then they also must accept their viewpoints being challenged and being called out for being persistently negative.

At the moment they want it all ways up which is what's wrong about the situation.

With respect, I don't think they do. Let's take two examples. @RoyMac5 and @Millenniumram are arguably two of Warne's bigger critics. They get a lot of stick and attacks, but I rarely see them compaining about that. They just continue to post their thoughts, and in my view thats perfectly fine because a) they are undoubtedly both Rams fans fully behind the club, and b) they are entitled to express their opinion. Yes it can be tiresome reading the same things constantly, but you, I and others do have a choice.

If you want me to tell you what I think the problem with the forum is, then I have touched upon in posts above. There are too few 'content providers' on here. Not enough posters generating sufficient interesting debate on things other than the strengths and weakness of our manager. We have a number of posters on here who seem to come on to simply police the Warne comments and add nothing more, and I am sorry, over the last 18 months you have become of of those posters. Perhaps you have become warne down 😛 but I remember you in the early days being quite a lively and droll poster. Of late though your every post seems to be to counter or debunk anyone who might post something you construe negative about Warne. That's fine by the way. No problem with that, if thats the kind of posts you and others want to do. I can choose to read them in full, skim over them, or just scroll past without reading - I won't put you, Roy or MillRam on ignore though as I don't personally see the point of that, because in between some tiresome posts I might find something that interests me, annoys me, entertains me, etc., and makes me wat to respond and take part. Sounds like a pretty good description of a good online forum to me.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Of course everyone is free to post what they like (subject to the rules) but when some only post when they have something negative to say it kind of sets themselves up as being labelled as wums. If they're comfortable with that and have no particular interest in appearing reasonably well balanced in their views then fair enough.

We are agreed 😀

Up the Rams!!

9 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

With respect, I don't think they do. Let's take two examples. @RoyMac5 and @Millenniumram are arguably two of Warne's bigger critics. They get a lot of stick and attacks, but I rarely see them compaining about that. They just continue to post their thoughts, and in my view thats perfectly fine because a) they are undoubtedly both Rams fans fully behind the club, and b) they are entitled to express their opinion. Yes it can be tiresome reading the same things constantly, but you, I and others do have a choice.

If you want me to tell you what I think the problem with the forum is, then I have touched upon in posts above. There are too few 'content providers' on here. Not enough posters generating sufficient interesting debate on things other than the strengths and weakness of our manager. We have a number of posters on here who seem to come on to simply police the Warne comments and add nothing more, and I am sorry, over the last 18 months you have become of of those posters. Perhaps you have become warne down 😛 but I remember you in the early days being quite a lively and droll poster. Of late though your every post seems to be to counter or debunk anyone who might post something you construe negative about Warne. That's fine by the way. No problem with that, if thats the kind of posts you and others want to do. I can choose to read them in full, skim over them, or just scroll past without reading - I won't put you, Roy or MillRam on ignore though as I don't personally see the point of that, because in between some tiresome posts I might find something that interests me, annoys me, entertains me, etc., and makes me wat to respond and take part. Sounds like a pretty good description of a good online forum to me.

You know what you're actually right I've allowed myself to become bogged down in the narratives of others forum members which is entirely down to myself.

Going to make the Paul Warne thread off limits now and just hope that the same posters don't appear with their agendas on other threads. There really should be no reason to as they've got their special place for it.

Totally agree about the lack of fresh content, most of it is recycled or dare I say regurgitated and again I'm partly to blame for that. 

Thanks for your insight very valuable