Paul Warne, managers and plan

9 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

You're special alright Royetta 😂

Let's just agree to disagree and enjoy our afternoons eh!

I only disagree when I think someone is wrong. You sound like you need a lie down after you've overdone things, I'm enjoying my afternoon already.

16 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Patience soon runs out when you are seeing the best attacking threat in NML continually being played out on the left, where he offers absolutely nothing. What is the thinking behind this? Stick him out on his natural right and he's a totally different player, basic stuff really isn't it?

Regardless of what happened last season or the season before that, these tactical decisions will cost us points and having this negative mindset of going a goal up and then expecting to sit back for a good 80 minutes (?) 

It's crap to watch and only benefits if you can have success at doing it especially away from home, which at this level you won't unless you are Billy Davies.

I think you have a totally unrealistic and naive view of football at this level. In this league we are not going to dictate play for 90 minutes. After we scored Watford being unbeaten and at home kept possession and probed for openings. They do actually have a better squad than us and that’s not down to Warne. Many of the negative posters seem to overlook that there is another team out there trying to impose their tactics and negate ours. We lost in a close game by one goal. 

17 minutes ago, Crewton said:

If only......🙄

In fairness, it's a deal calmer than last week, despite us losing, with one or two obvious and predictable exceptions. No 70 page match thread then, one hopes! I still think there's a deal of premature assumptions, but even so-called happy-clappers like myself will concede that Warney still has it to prove at this level.

We do need to be a tad less predictable IMO, but I'm still hopeful that both the team and the viewing experience will improve over time as they gel and quality is added. Huge week for us then, with the transfer window closing shortly and a rather uninspiring free agents list this season, but a bit of class added could make a significant difference and with the recruitment of Gayle, I think Warne showed that he understands the need for guile and invention upfront.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Sorry you need to re read your posts , then consider that all last season we had the we are going up in spite of warne just because we have better players and we need to get shot of him for the championship, im actually ok with people having that opinion and expressing it but let’s just be honest about it , personally I feel he’s the right man at the right time , of course that will change at some point as there’s never been a club or manager that that isn’t or hasn’t been the case 🤷🏻‍♂️

So if we survived this season. Would you want him to carry on? Would you be excited to go and watch us play the following season and so on? 

1 minute ago, BuckoBeast said:

So if we survived this season. Would you want him to carry on? Would you be excited to go and watch us play the following season and so on? 

Haven't we sold 22,000 season tickets, or have I misremembered? @Archiedhas made it clear what he takes form the games he goes to and it seems so have many others. Genuinely, it's a shame if you can take nothing yourself, but I wouldn't be assuming that vast numbers share your opinion. Perhaps expecting us to win games by outplaying squads worth several times more than our own, is not yet a fully reasonable stance? FWIW, I thought at times we looked half decent yesterday, but I guess I must have really low standards! 

I’m not being funny but what’s the point in coming on here weekly, or even multiple times a days for some, just to bash Warne and his tactics. 

He will deploy whichever formation and tactics he sees fit to get the best result in the game with the players he’s got available. 

As much as some would like him to get sacked, he isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, so moaning constantly really is pointless. It’s a waste of your time and energy and tiresome and tedious for everyone having to read it. 

13 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Really would depend on what I’m seeing and how I feel about it , I’ve made it very clear that I believe Warne is the right manager for us at the right time and don’t see anyone who I would bite your arm off for , yes we could take a punt and things turn out great but could also turn to rat poo very quickly too , I also don’t believe that managers much like players can’t evolve , now I’m not saying Warne is going to evolve into a revaluation but nobody can say he won’t either , many here are 100% certain he is not the man for now or the future and that’s they’re choice , I just happen to disagree at this point and believe he is not given fair credit for what he’s done so far as a manager 

21 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

I read these forums and notice the factions that are forming, both for and against Warne. 

I also listen to every match on RamsTV, the atmosphere sounded amazing vs Middlesboro and the away fans were more than holding their own vs Watford yesterday, including blasting out a rendition or two of 'Paul Warne's Barmy Army'.

Listening to the pundits yesterday, this season is all about survival, play the odd nice game sure, but staying up is the priority.  Last season was all about promotion.  This season is all about staying up.  As be become more established in the Championship I fully believe that the team will evolve and play better football in the seasons to come.

7 hours ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

I haven’t seen him  improve  a current player, youth player or any player we’ve had. 

Isnt Warne only responsible (along with his team) for coaching the 1st team-for the youth players each squad has a seperate coaching staff,so harsh to blame him for those.

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

I think you have a totally unrealistic and naive view of football at this level. In this league we are not going to dictate play for 90 minutes. After we scored Watford being unbeaten and at home kept possession and probed for openings. They do actually have a better squad than us and that’s not down to Warne. Many of the negative posters seem to overlook that there is another team out there trying to impose their tactics and negate ours. We lost in a close game by one goal. 

39% possession was it yesterday?  29% the week previously at home to Boro...

👌

4 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I watched both their first games where Oxford beat Norwich comfortably and Portsmouth were seconds away from winning at Elland Road. 

If you don't believe the data why don't you just use your own judgement and look at the three squads. They're at least level in terms of quality.

Why don't you just be honest instead of deflecting?

So you’ve seen one game of each team?

Why don’t you watch more football and see how things develop before you make such a comment?

Who is deflecting here? If you paid attention, you’d notice in the general Championship threads, I’ve watched quite a lot of the football so far.

Oxford? They’ve been brilliant so far - really positive, really committed, and really brave. Some good spells of possession football and some spells where they have been up against it and they have been punished.

Portsmouth? Well I’ve only seen highlights and it seems like they have defended really well and they have been opportunistic in attack. Yesterday for instance they scored two goals and were beneficiaries of some really bad defending. It wasn’t down to some irrepressible possession football.

Ultimately it’s three games into the season so unlike yourself I haven’t used that as a stick to beat our club with, as there is a long way to go and things could change for better or for worse for all three clubs.

But since all three of us are on three points from three games, each of us must be doing something right and an equal amount of things wrong. Wouldn’t you agree?

30 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I read these forums and notice the factions that are forming, both for and against Warne. 

I also listen to every match on RamsTV, the atmosphere sounded amazing vs Middlesboro and the away fans were more than holding their own vs Watford yesterday, including blasting out a rendition or two of 'Paul Warne's Barmy Army'.

Listening to the pundits yesterday, this season is all about survival, play the odd nice game sure, but staying up is the priority.  Last season was all about promotion.  This season is all about staying up.  As be become more established in the Championship I fully believe that the team will evolve and play better football in the seasons to come.

I agree that staying up is the priority and that it’s not always going to be pleasing football on the eye. So do you think the team will evolve under PW and he will get the recruitment side of things right, and eventually we will play better football and start challenging at the top of the division under him?