Jermaine Jenas Reportedly Sacked by Beeb

JfR

4 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Thought that was Ashley Cole?

Think you're right mate, I think the other player was rumoured to be Jermaine Pennant, not Jenas, but I was just being silly really as I think it was debunked anyway. This seems to be another run-of-the-mill sexual harassment case, by all accounts.

I never really took to him as a pundit, so I can't say I'm too fussed by his sacking anyway, though in truth, I very seldom watch MOTD so who does or doesn't present it is not really something I much care about.

3 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Think you're right mate, I think the other player was rumoured to be Jermaine Pennant, not Jenas, but I was just being silly really as I think it was debunked anyway. This seems to be another run-of-the-mill sexual harassment case, by all accounts.

I never really took to him as a pundit, so I can't say I'm too fussed by his sacking anyway, though in truth, I very seldom watch MOTD so who does or doesn't present it is not really something I much care about.

I'm not fussed either way TBH, he isn't terrible, he isn't brilliant, perfectly middle of the road and bland.  The only thing that bothers me about it is the fact that he's been sacked whilst the investigation is ongoing, but Huw Edwards got to hang around on full pay for a year, despite trading pics of kids.  Make you wonder what Jenas has done...

Times Radio interviewed him as soon as he came off air yesterday. Probably the most pointless interview ever:

The interview essentially boils down to:

1. "I'm fuming"

2. "I'll be talking to my Lawyers"

3. "I can't talk about it"

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

I'm not fussed either way TBH, he isn't terrible, he isn't brilliant, perfectly middle of the road and bland.  The only thing that bothers me about it is the fact that he's been sacked whilst the investigation is ongoing, but Huw Edwards got to hang around on full pay for a year, despite trading pics of kids.  Make you wonder what Jenas has done...

I saw a suggestion that he's not actually an employee of the Beeb (Edwards was) but rather a contractor, so they can possibly cancel his contract without any danger of comeback - it might explain why they seem to gave acted differently in his case....

Surprised to read he played for England circa 20 times 😬, Quite an unappealing player imo, Around the time he retired he did a TV programme where "celebs" lived in a Iron Age village for a week or so, Jenas lived in sh!t ate sh!t and talked sh!t, Being a red dog helps feed my dislike of him👍

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Jenas repeatedly failed to meet the BBC's kid diddling quota. They have standards to uphold.

48 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I saw a suggestion that he's not actually an employee of the Beeb (Edwards was) but rather a contractor, so they can possibly cancel his contract without any danger of comeback - it might explain why they seem to gave acted differently in his case....

That's sounds like how they ousted our old friend Craig Ramage at BBC RD, if memory serves.  

Contract cancelled, as opposed to a sacking.