Vs Watford (A) Match Thread

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

So I use the exact words that you originally used in the post I replied too (plus the endless criticism bit, which I’ve seen a lot of it on here from you) which you had posted to criticise the team you support with after the Watford game and your telling me to put you on ignore, or shut up and your telling me that me reply is incoherent, we’ll that makes a lot of sense.

Well done.

Up The Rams 🐏

And your very welcome to meet me and tell me to my face to shut up.

I can’t wait to enjoy your charming manner.

Okay tough man. You won’t have seen endless criticism. Simply untrue. You will have seen some criticism. The same criticisms from last year and from each game we’ve seen this year. They're not reactive as they’re literally criticisms of aspects of our play which concern me rather than needlessly slagging off Warne or the team. 

It isn’t unfair to suggest that they need to be rewatching how poorly they used the ball in the first half - do you think Warne won’t be using videos to show them what went wrong? 

There are plenty on here with nothing positive to say and that do endlessly criticise yet you decided to come for me and my post. 

Like I said, put me on ignore. I don’t have to justify my posts to you anymore. 

Edited by IlsonDerby

55 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We got promoted with a different team so you can’t really make comparisons. Losing the likes of Bird weakened us before we strengthened this window. Obviously I’d argue we have a stronger squad now than we did last year, but there’s a gap between League One and the Championship that I’m not sure we’ve quite yet breached. Maybe League One quality isn’t the right term… but I’m not sure we’re quite up to Championship standard yet.

Put it this way, how many players of ours would teams outside the two promoted with us want to sign? I’d argue Cashin, Goudmijn, Zetterstrom and Ozoh. I don’t think any other player gets in a side outside the bottom three. And that, by its very definition, means I don’t think we have enough quality in the team to survive currently. Big few days ahead.

Hummm, I think those outside last seasons top 10 in the Championship would be interested in any of Jackson, Ward and Wilson, Adams and Nelson. Not saying we are a strong side but there is good raw material in our squad which is a cut above L1 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

We got promoted with a different team so you can’t really make comparisons. Losing the likes of Bird weakened us before we strengthened this window. Obviously I’d argue we have a stronger squad now than we did last year, but there’s a gap between League One and the Championship that I’m not sure we’ve quite yet breached. Maybe League One quality isn’t the right term… but I’m not sure we’re quite up to Championship standard yet.

Put it this way, how many players of ours would teams outside the two promoted with us want to sign? I’d argue Cashin, Goudmijn, Zetterstrom and Ozoh. I don’t think any other player gets in a side outside the bottom three. And that, by its very definition, means I don’t think we have enough quality in the team to survive currently. Big few days ahead.

We knew that we were losing Bird 9 month ago . So Mo-Bob and his team had time to sort out a decent creative midfielder . Their number crunching came up with Kenzo . We may have to get another midfielder that can create chances before Friday . 

17 minutes ago, jono said:

Hummm, I think those outside last seasons top 10 in the Championship would be interested in any of Jackson, Ward and Wilson, Adams and Nelson. Not saying we are a strong side but there is good raw material in our squad which is a cut above L1 

Have to agree to disagree then, I think you vastly overrate some of our players / underrrate the division. I can see the argument for Wilson as he’s young and technically gifted, but I really don’t think anyone would be interested in the rest. Not saying they’re bad players by any stretch, but they’re not mid table Championship players in my view. A cut above league one perhaps, but there’s a bigger gap there.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

There are plenty on here with nothing positive to say and that do endlessly criticise yet you decided to come for me and my post. 

Out of idle curiosity I looked back at your original post and noted with interest the forum members whom gave it the hand clapping emoji. 

One could say they fit into your descriptor. Not that I'm insinuating this for a moment of course. I'll let far more intelligent people than myself to draw their own conclusions if they haven't already. 

27 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

We knew that we were losing Bird 9 month ago . So Mo-Bob and his team had time to sort out a decent creative midfielder . Their number crunching came up with Kenzo . We may have to get another midfielder that can create chances before Friday . 

To be fair, I think that midfield is the one area where no-one can argue we haven’t improved this window. It has (rightly) been our main focus, and has gone from our biggest weakness last season to our biggest strength this season, in my view.

Goudimijn, Ozoh, Osborn and Adams is a pretty solid Championship midfield. We need some more depth, and I’d like to see a couple more signings there this week, but otherwise I’m pretty happy with what I’m seeing there so far. It’s up front I’m most concerned about, as I really don’t see us having enough threat to stay up currently.

6 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

They're not accusing him of being a junkie though, are they, or did I miss that?

And thanks, but even a simpleton like me can understand the lyrics of Rocketman! 😂

In my head I was thinking of a gag about Elton John writing a song about Neil Armstrong being a nonce. But that may not have been entirely obvious in hindsight! Think I was half asleep!

35 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

To be fair, I think that midfield is the one area where no-one can argue we haven’t improved this window. It has (rightly) been our main focus, and has gone from our biggest weakness last season to our biggest strength this season, in my view.

Goudimijn, Ozoh, Osborn and Adams is a pretty solid Championship midfield. We need some more depth, and I’d like to see a couple more signings there this week, but otherwise I’m pretty happy with what I’m seeing there so far. It’s up front I’m most concerned about, as I really don’t see us having enough threat to stay up currently.

In including Adams and adding Osborn (who I forgot ) in that post,  then saying they look like a solid mid table midfield you have rather contradicted your previous answer when you felt no one would be interested in “the others” 

Puzzled Belper 🙃

10 hours ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Ozoh defo could have done better for the Sissoko

Definitely. Also the first goal, while it was a great finish, Bayo was given far to much space. As we are probably not going to score many goals, particularly away from home, we need to be tighter in defence. Not a criticism, just an observation. 

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Okay tough man. You won’t have seen endless criticism. Simply untrue. You will have seen some criticism. The same criticisms from last year and from each game we’ve seen this year. They're not reactive as they’re literally criticisms of aspects of our play which concern me rather than needlessly slagging off Warne or the team. 

It isn’t unfair to suggest that they need to be rewatching how poorly they used the ball in the first half - do you think Warne won’t be using videos to show them what went wrong? 

Now I’m a tough man?

Like you’ve already said your asking me to “put you on ignore”

Why should I put you on ignore, I’ve never put anyone ever on ignore on this forum, why should I start with you?

No you don’t have to justify your posts to me anymore.

I’d say that’s a 2-2 draw regarding posts and replies and I’d have been very happy with Derby achieving a draw away at Watford yesterday, but unfortunately in life we don’t always get the results or rewards some of us think we deserve.

But your very welcome to put me on ignore if that’s what you want to do.

12 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Out of idle curiosity I looked back at your original post and noted with interest the forum members whom gave it the hand clapping emoji. 

One could say they fit into your descriptor. Not that I'm insinuating this for a moment of course. I'll let far more intelligent people than myself to draw their own conclusions if they haven't already. 

I don’t control who reacts to my posts and I’m not in the habit of looking for confirmation on here either. I see what I see and I comment on it.

Yes I get frustrated if I see players playing below what I think they’re capable of but I don’t endlessly slate the team or even Warne (I have been very critical last season but not to the point of unnecessary and endless criticism). 

Nothing I complained about would be things that the players would find unfair I don’t think - like I said I’ve not accused them of not trying or of not being good enough players I’ve criticised how we press and how we didn’t have enough composure on the ball when we won it back which contributed to the one way onslaught during the first half. 

48 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I don’t control who reacts to my posts and I’m not in the habit of looking for confirmation on here either. I see what I see and I comment on it.

Yes I get frustrated if I see players playing below what I think they’re capable of but I don’t endlessly slate the team or even Warne (I have been very critical last season but not to the point of unnecessary and endless criticism). 

Nothing I complained about would be things that the players would find unfair I don’t think - like I said I’ve not accused them of not trying or of not being good enough players I’ve criticised how we press and how we didn’t have enough composure on the ball when we won it back which contributed to the one way onslaught during the first half. 

I wasn't accusing you of such

Was just commenting on  how I found it far more interesting the folks whom reacted to your post regards you weren't being incessantly negative 

It's obvious that the people whom reacted know who they are though but sadly they still choose to peddle their own negativity and endless criticism despite this. 

I would have screenshot the folks on this list but cba as genuinely it would be no surprise to the other forum members. 

12 hours ago, europia said:

Definitely. Also the first goal, while it was a great finish, Bayo was given far to much space. As we are probably not going to score many goals, particularly away from home, we need to be tighter in defence. Not a criticism, just an observation. 

Definitely ?????This is garbage and only true on planet zog where you likely spend your time. In which direction was Ozoh looking and how could he have known. in time to react, that the clearance would go straight to Sissoko?  And by the way you are criticising .

I can't find the opposition opinions thread, so I'll drop a few in here from the Watford forum, some nice and some..well not.

Phew. Hardest team we've faced so far this season it felt, unlucky not to score more, lucky not to concede more than one.

Had most of the possession but game could have gone either way in the end. Baah was great when he came on, great skills and a stocky unit too. Pollocks assist for Bayos wonder strike was fantastic. Overall I think we just about deserved the win but like I said it could have gone either way.

A sloppy start going a goal down so early, but to come back and get the 3 points was excellent. And Bayo had his best game in a while.

This is a pleasant surprise. In general Derby provided a much more competitive opposition than Stoke, were much tougher physically and didn't make things easy for us. It was a slightly tougher outing for Larouci today up against a very powerful RB in Nyambe. Ozoh, their number 4 DM on loan from Palace was also excellent for them and looks a very good prospect at only 19. We were particularly lucky that Adams headed his gilt-edged chance over. A fairly tight-ish game that we just about edged and deserved the victory from. 

Good to get the win. Tough game against a strong physical side.

Surprised at some of the plaudits for Derby and suggesting they are hard opposition. They are awful.

They looked like a League 1 side in a cup game snatching an early lead and trying to ride it out.

Absolutely deserved! We smashed them.

Derby are a pathetic awful team and didn’t deserve anything. Glad we sent them to the cleaners. They should be grateful that they were able to play Watford today. For them playing against a massive club like Watford will be the highlight of their season as they go back to League 1.

How we weren’t awarded a blatant pen as well is a joke. Clearly the ref felt sorry for them as they had been battered today and had mercy on them.

Derby are absolute dog dirt.

Derby were poor but we also did a good job making them look bad.

Sitting near the away fans was almost as entertaining as the match today.

There were seemingly non ironic chants that 'Derby are massive' that surfaced a few times. This was compounded by shouts of 'who!?' when our subs were announced. Obviously their own journeymen players are household names in comparison to ours.

Next there were homophobic chants about Elton John, accusing him of being a 'sex offender' without providing evidence.

Finally they shut the **** up when their dreadful team lost.

Source thread; https://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/watford-2-1-derby-county-24th-august-2024.61112/page-6

Edited by Ram@Lincoln

1 hour ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I can't find the opposition opinions thread, so I'll drop a few in here from the Watford forum, some nice and some..well not.

Source thread; https://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/watford-2-1-derby-county-24th-august-2024.61112/page-6

I liked the "without evidence" quote. I think every club should have their fans chants fact-checked for accuracy, especially the slanderous ones. 

I think the unpleasant posts can be disregarded - they're obviously written by juveniles.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

I liked the "without evidence" quote. I think every club should have their fans chants fact-checked for accuracy, especially the slanderous ones. 

I think the unpleasant posts can be disregarded - they're obviously written by juveniles.

Point of order, yer 'onour...

If the chants are fact checked and proven to be accurate, would they no longer be labelled as slanderous? 🤷‍♂️

Asking for a mate, Charlie's the name.

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Point of order, yer 'onour...

If the chants are fact checked and proven to be accurate, would they no longer be labelled as slanderous? 🤷‍♂️

Asking for a mate, Charlie's the name.

If it was demonstrably true and accurate at the time of the chant, it ain't slanderous your Majesty 🫡