Vs Watford (A) Match Thread

DCFC1388

7 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Won their first two games,scoring 3 goals in each.

Oxford were joint top after 1 match… they’re not a good team. No ones predicting them top half with NTT20 even predicting they’ll finish dead bottom. That’s obviously off the mark but the reasons why they predicted them there still stand. 

1 minute ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Really don’t think we’ve been too bad today. Missed Osborn and Cash though. Bradley has been solid defensively but he does lack quality on the ball. Barkhuizen has been awful every time he’s played this season.

Guessing by your posts you don’t like barks. Nml hasn’t been much better 

Really need to work on game plans for when we go ahead, Watford didn't look anything special we cant just sit back after 25mins and expect anything else. Need some players better at retaining the ball up the field too. We look good in spells so not all doom.

We’ve been unlucky not to get a point there, we were much the better team in that second half. 

As per usual, there will be now be people on here suggesting we’re doomed because we lost. But this has been our most promising performance so far this season. 

Yes we won last week, but by the grace of god. Today we went toe-to-toe with the form team in the league and should’ve got at least a point. A couple more additions and we’ll be absolutely fine. 

Show them a video of every time we won the ball in the first half and what we did with it. Ask them if that’s what they’re capable of as footballers. 

Total lack of quality and composure on the ball almost every time we won possession back. 

Are we working on patterns of play that allow us to keep the ball long enough for our attackers to get into the opposition’s half before we go more direct? 

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

Guessing by your posts you don’t like barks. Nml hasn’t been much better 

I do like barkhuizen and yes NML has been poor but barkhuizen has constantly failed to make simple passes in attacking areas. His shot on the edge was also dire. I’m rarely negative about any derby players but Barkhuizen hasn’t shown one bit of quality in the championship. 

3 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

I honestly don’t know how he made it as a pro. I can’t think of anything that he is good at. Not particularly quick. Not a good finisher, technically very limited. 

He scored that screamer for Preston against us.

3 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

I honestly don’t know how he made it as a pro. I can’t think of anything that he is good at.

He’s got his limitations but 460 games as a professional footballer under multiple managers would suggest he’s got something about him. Could we do with an upgrade? Yeah absolutely, but questioning his entire career seems a tad dramatic 

2 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

We’ve been unlucky not to get a point there, we were much the better team in that second half. 

As per usual, there will be now be people on here suggesting we’re doomed because we lost. But this has been our most promising performance so far this season. 

Yes we won last week, but by the grace of god. Today we went toe-to-toe with the form team in the league and should’ve got at least a point. A couple more additions and we’ll be absolutely fine. 

I’d love your optimism. Honestly I’m not being smarmy Id genuinely love to come away from that match with your outlook. 

I just don’t see it at the moment. 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’d love your optimism. Honestly I’m not being smarmy Id genuinely love to come away from that match with your outlook. 

I just don’t see it at the moment. 

Likewise, I can’t really fathom the negativity. The performance today gave me more confidence than the performance last week, despite the results.