Cashin- what’s the matter with him?

This season was always going to be the “acid test “ for Cashin. After 2 seasons in a very poor league , with fans making out you are world class - he has now got to prove himself . We are now talking about putting quick defenders around him to protect him . I think we can forget the £5 mill offer from Brighton.

19 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

This season was always going to be the “acid test “ for Cashin. After 2 seasons in a very poor league , with fans making out you are world class - he has now got to prove himself . We are now talking about putting quick defenders around him to protect him . I think we can forget the £5 mill offer from Brighton.

I think teams are a bit more rational than seeing one sub par performance and ruling out all interest. Even though I think they’ve already cooled their interested. Cash has everything to be a great centre back but him and Nelson are probably more suited to being wide centre backs in a 3 as they are aggresive and like to get tight to their man in duels. We suit a back 3 more and that’s a fact hopefully we revert back to it unless we recruit to help us play a 4.

4 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I think he looks exposed with Elder next to him. 

I may be wrong, but I don't think Elder is good enough defensively to be a full back, and doesn't give enough going forward to be wing back. 

I'd put Forsyth in for now, try and move Elder on, and bring in a first choice left back. 

I also wouldn't play Wilson as a full back. He's a wing back or a winger - and he's a better winger than CBT or Barkhuizen, for me.

The centre backs are too exposed with Wilson and Elder playing. Nyambe and Forsyth are a must if we're playing a back 4.

100% about Elder..Cash was being dragged out of his position trying to cover Elder who is OK going forward but hasn't got a defensive bone in his body. Didn't folks criticising Cashin notice he was trying to do the job of two men( at least)?

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I think teams are a bit more rational than seeing one sub par performance and ruling out all interest. Even though I think they’ve already cooled their interested. Cash has everything to be a great centre back but him and Nelson are probably more suited to being wide centre backs in a 3 as they are aggresive and like to get tight to their man in duels. We suit a back 3 more and that’s a fact hopefully we revert back to it unless we recruit to help us play a 4.

That's why we need the pacy CB I assume. We can't put Sonny b on there. Which means we'd have to rely on fossie, which might be a short term fix but is hardly a master plan......

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

A Rams fan said the other day that Cashin was playing like a “One legged donkey”. I think that’s a bit harsh . What will stop Cashin being a “Great” ? Answer - Speed and Height . Also , he has to stop running round like a headless chicken an stick to a centre forward .

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

2 training sessions before an evening game was just crazy and Warne actually said last night that we looked fatigued in the 2nd half....it was the first game of the season 😆

The double session was the day after the game, not the day of the game. This has been covered several times so it's disappointing to keep seeing this particular criticism being made. I even posted the interview with Matt Hamshaw where this was covered off.

Once again though (discussed at 2.05):

6 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Think Nelson is far better in a two. Is expected to progress the ball more as right cb in a three, is not a strength.

cash had a dodgy game but most players do. Hope fans can stay patient

Just now, Rich3478 said:

Think Nelson is far better in a two. Is expected to progress the ball more as right cb in a three, is not a strength.

cash had a dodgy game but most players do. Hope fans can stay patient

Think Cashin is far better in a two as well. But...

3 hours ago, Papahet said:

Like most players, they get a new contract and become complacent.

Look at Bryson after his nice 5 year deal.

Calling Bryson complacent is harsh. Not sure I ever saw him give less than 100%. Was crazy the running he did in games. May have not matched the 2014 season but still a great player for us.

think is harsh on cashin as well. People are human and have dips in form. Not everyone is defined by money.

Hmmmm... for me he's not looked like the Cashin we know ever since he came back for preseason - not just last night. He looks unfit and his timing is really off. Don't get me wrong I love Cash... but something isn't right....but maybe he'll settle back in once he gets full match fitness 🤷‍♂️

There was a moment just before kick off where Cash was walking back and forth, short distances, apparently mumbling to himself. Just as the Sky cameras focussed on him. He looked wired/pumped. In fact he looked like a mad, caged dog. Was this an important shop window game for him I wonder. If it was, he made a total Horlicks of his audition. He needs someone like Curtis Davies to get hold of him, and remind him of what the positioning basics are for a Centre Back.

2 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

There was a moment just before kick off where Cash was walking back and forth, short distances, apparently mumbling to himself. Just as the Sky cameras focussed on him. He looked wired/pumped. In fact he looked like a mad, caged dog. Was this an important shop window game for him I wonder. If it was, he made a total Horlicks of his audition. He needs someone like Curtis Davies to get hold of him, and remind him of what the positioning basics are for a Centre Back.

Cashin does that every pre-game 

7 hours ago, Patrick Rams said:

100% about Elder..Cash was being dragged out of his position trying to cover Elder who is OK going forward but hasn't got a defensive bone in his body. Didn't folks criticising Cashin notice he was trying to do the job of two men( at least)?

This but not so sure about the going forward bit.