v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Regardless of the result are we actually going to learn anything tonight other than we need to sign a new striker, attacking midfielder, goalkeeper etc

I want to see evidence that we are capable of more composure on the ball than v Valladolid. 

Felt that out of possession we did well but that in possession we were snatching a bit and panicking a bit. Putting it down to playing la liga opposition. 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

First 6 pointer of the season 👍

Know you are joking but I agree that this result may be important come next May.

Will be happy to get a point on the board and ,as importantly, prevent these getting three 

Of course a win would be blinking marvellous 

6 minutes ago, TerryH said:

Know you are joking but I agree that this result may be important come next May.

Will be happy to get a point on the board and ,as importantly, prevent these getting three 

Of course a win would be blinking marvellous 

There's what 138 points to play for and you're attributing some special importance to a game covering 2% of that 

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There's what 138 points to play for and you're attributing some special importance to a game covering 2% of that 

Yes. It’s called taking a long term view

And it’s my opinion 

Games and points at the start of the season as important as games at the end . 

Think of it like goals . A goal in the first minute the same as a goal in the last. Still a goal 

7 minutes ago, TerryH said:

Yes. It’s called taking a long term view

And it’s my opinion 

Games and points at the start of the season as important as games at the end . 

Think of it like goals . A goal in the first minute the same as a goal in the last. Still a goal 

That's cool I just don't think the result tonight will define the rest of the season and I'm expecting us to lose primarily because we still haven't finished assembling our squad for the season. 

And we also seem to have a dire track record away at Blackburn. We'll see later. 

Result is important today, much more so than the performance. 

We know we have players still to arrive, we know there are players unavailable and the ones here are new to each other.

However,  the narrative if we lose comfortably will go into overdrive that we haven't recruited well enough,  we are in for a relegation battle, we wont score goals,  Warne can't make that step up etc etc.. 

1 or even 3 points, away from home will go a long way to calming the nerves, quietening Warne detractors and the story will be that even with 4 or 5 eventually starters to come we got something from an established Championship team.

I'm.thinking low scoring as we endeavour to keep it tight. 

I'd take 1-1 if you offered it me now.