v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

13 minutes ago, valakari said:

Warne said afterwards how outstanding Callum Elder and Kane Wilson were.

I think that is absolute crap, 3 of the goals were down to these two full backs being out of position!

Malcolm Christie said he thought they were both average.

Maybe he was talking about offensively 

Football is a game of opinions after all 

I don't think we played as horrible as some people made out. Our game management though from the players and the manager was horrible. 1-1, an excellent chance to press ahead and get the winner. Eustace freshed up the attack and Warne was slow to react. On top of this, defensively we couldn't do the basics and kept giving the ball away.

Cashin, goodness me he needs the good old fashioned hairdryer. Pre season he's looked pretty naff and tonight he was messing around. Stop trying to be clever and go back to being a defender.

36 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

He is like a moth to a flame...he jist runs & attacks the ball even when its not there & is out of position alot. He will get found out this season.

He's out of position to receive the ball to play it down the wing or moving into midfield to pass the ball.  His only outlet other than that is out wide to full back  and then it's just passed back which is infuriating.  If he could pass it straight into a midfielder who can hold and turn that would be much better.  He attacked the ball for the last goal twice and won it twice.  He can't collect on the deck, that's up to someone else.  If he's allowed to pick up and just defend, He'll be fine. 

44 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Oh and for anyone advocating we give Warne time no matter what the results are, he's been relegated from this division every time he's had a full season in it, so how long do we give him before a decision has to be made?

Absolute madness 

One result , with plenty of positives 

Your reaction is childish at best - try to behave like an adult , it’s unbecoming 

16 minutes ago, valakari said:

Warne said afterwards how outstanding Callum Elder and Kane Wilson were.

I think that is absolute crap, 3 of the goals were down to these two full backs being out of position!

Malcolm Christie said he thought they were both average.

Average is kind they are both s**** defensively at this level,Wilson is goof going forward but cant play in a back 4 really.

50 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Did u not hear the 4k plus away fans

tell me a player that doesnt want to play infront of that … oh and the 30k plus home fans

we’re still a big deal and a big pull for any playe

Edited by winktheram

13 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

Think you mean “neither”………

Well done you 

1 hour ago, DB83 said:

I do not know whether to be encouraged or concerned after that. More of the latter than the former for sure, but two-thirds of the way through the game we looked the more likely winners.

Blackburn looked good, but is that because we made them look good, or because they have genuinely improved from last season??

Given the goals conceded pre-season, and another four today, the defence is a big concern rn, which is a surprise to me, as I expected us to struggle more in attack.

Still, game one, some good, more bad, let’s see where we’re at after 10 games 🙂

Warne talking about their quality coming off the bench.  They have one player who might go for a good fee and can score.  The other fella was a free from Bristol City'  If he's that much of a game changer, nowt stopping him trying to bring him here. PFFT...

34 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You are either deliberately missing the point or could do with a bit of work on your reading comprehension.

Once again I am totally flummoxed by what you are trying to say 

Can I respectfully ask you try again , maybe speaking as if you were addressing a very young individual , or maybe a dog 

53 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You are in here spouting a holier than though line like you are the only real Derby fan in here. You've already called one poster a 'bell' and told them to go watch someone else.

Perhaps it's worth having a look at yourself here? You've jumped on any dissenting voices immediately and heavily. Perhaps people are peed off because they care?

We've just been pumped 4-2 by a team most expect to be down in the scrap with us. What do you expect? A shrug of the shoulders and for everyone to pretend what they just saw was ok? It wasn't.

"Pumped" by 2 goals? It's going to be a long season for you if you think a two-goal defeat is being "pumped".

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's out of position to receive the ball to play it down the wing or moving into midfield to pass the ball.  His only outlet other than that is out wide to full back  and then it's just passed back which is infuriating.  If he could pass it straight into a midfielder who can hold and turn that would be much better.  He attacked the ball for the last goal twice and won it twice.  He can't collect on the deck, that's up to someone else.  If he's allowed to pick up and just defend, He'll be fine. 

He was out of position for all 3 2nd half goala. The first one (their 2nd) he went rushing out into tackles & took the ball off Osborns foot then was out of position. The 3rd he stumbled on the ball before passing it leaving all our players well advanced, Ozoh lost it but Elder was running back into position but Cashin instead of staying central went out wide meaning Elder went central but then when the ball went back out left he was practically on Elders toes & had left his man free, then jumped over the cross. Then for the 3rd he is for some reason attacking the ball in their half in the middle of the pitch so he is about 30 yards out of position & nowhere to be seen when their striker (who is in the position Cashin should be in) scores their 4th on the night.

None of those 3 goals were because he was out of position for the reasons you state about his passing.

29 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You are a very fine moderator, and we all appreciate the time you give up to keep a watchful eye over us. Thank you.

So the problem with yourself is that it is never clear if you are sincere or taking the xxxx

It ends up that you actually have no credibility or character , a kind of fictional nobody who patrols a very small and finite land, sending barbs and bombs in equal measure but who never has the confidence in themselves to actually make an opinion on anything

Just thought we looked quite naive which is the opposite of what I was expecting.

Dont really blame anyone individually, lots of that team isn’t really good enough. A really odd situation where we seem to knowingly be writing off x% of the season while we sign players good enough to play but whatever , is what it is. Going into a season with a winger who scored 2 goals in a team who got promoted starting at number 9 is asking for trouble. 

Said it in another thread I think but atm I am pretty sure we have gone backwards in terms of starting 11 quality since the end of last season. Lots of work to do!

I do think we’ll be fine come May but it’s a bit concerning that we are going to be using the first 6-8 games as fact-finding missions.

That is how long it will probably take for new signings to settle and for Warne to understand his best XI, so we are likely to be playing catch up in a similar way to Wednesday last season.

We knew there were questions over our defence. I think the worry for me tonight was the midfield, especially Osborn. He didn’t look fit and he didn’t really guide the younger lads through much of the game. We really got bullied in there at times and the inexperience of Kenzo and Ozoh was emphasised rather than compensated for.

I think we could do with getting someone in there who can really use their experience in this division and control a game. Someone like Matty James. We will really need to keep possession better if we want to get a foothold in games away from home.

19 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Warne talking about their quality coming off the bench.  They have one player who might go for a good fee and can score.  The other fella was a free from Bristol City'  If he's that much of a game changer, nowt stopping him trying to bring him here. PFFT...

The one player who might go for a good fee as you put it scored 27 goals in the Championship last season.

If you don't consider that quality then head wobble time. 

7 minutes ago, TerryH said:

So the problem with yourself is that it is never clear if you are sincere or taking the xxxx

It ends up that you actually have no credibility or character , a kind of fictional nobody who patrols a very small and finite land, sending barbs and bombs in equal measure but who never has the confidence in themselves to actually make an opinion on anything

And yet he is one of the best posters on here.

8 minutes ago, TerryH said:

Ooof. You don't mess about do you Tezza! I think you're going to fit in quite nicely 😂

16 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

He was out of position for all 3 2nd half goala. The first one (their 2nd) he went rushing out into tackles & took the ball off Osborns foot then was out of position. The 3rd he stumbled on the ball before passing it leaving all our players well advanced, Ozoh lost it but Elder was running back into position but Cashin instead of staying central went out wide meaning Elder went central but then when the ball went back out left he was practically on Elders toes & had left his man free, then jumped over the cross. Then for the 3rd he is for some reason attacking the ball in their half in the middle of the pitch so he is about 30 yards out of position & nowhere to be seen when their striker (who is in the position Cashin should be in) scores their 4th on the night.

None of those 3 goals were because he was out of position for the reasons you state about his passing.

I disagree.  But all opinions