v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

The rot started with the 2nd and subsequent substitutions. The midfield had started playing properly, so we went snd changed it. I hope it wasn’t to hold on to the 1-1. But from then on it was route one for Blackburn without them even playing route one.

That 20 minute spell in the 2nd half says there is some hope if we play like we did for that spell. However playing without a number 9, while two number 9s were sat on the bench takes some explaining.

6 minutes ago, Topram said:

Can see we’ve been relegated already…

From watching from the stands I thought we were ok baring defensively, should of started Fozzy and Nyambe and we wouldn’t of been far off

Yes starting two good experienced full backs in the opening away game would have been my pick as well as an actual centre forward who can play the position 

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Fickle would suggest that I have been a Warne fan at some point. Perhaps you should redo your GCSEs.

What I wrote was an accurate reflection of the game. We are currently the worst team in the league with the worst manager. It ain’t gonna end well.

EDIT: Okay maybe Rooney is worse. But still

xxx.gif

And for those giving me grief for being there and saying I thought we did ok what do you actually expect?? We need a new keeper new CB new striker and are likely to struggle all season? Expect us to just turn up and roll teams over like we’re still playing Cambridge?

I think we expected to go into the season with at least more than one senior goalkeeper, preferably better than Vickers and a plan to not concede four goals against a s*** side like Blackburn. Believe me the people being critical understood this is gonna be a difficult season, but that does not make warne immune from criticism where it is due. There's a struggle and there's a train wreck and these are two different things. Today was a train wreck.

Thanks for reminding me why I stay off here after a loss ( in the last few years at least) what a bunch of Bamfords…promoting their own ‘I know everything bout footy’ low calibre,self indulgent agenda to be proven right. 1 loss, in a higher league, with half a new team and still under the effects of financial restrictions. 

Rightly we would be laughing at the gumps for calling for the head of their team after 1 match in the premier league. In the same way I laugh at you…and am simultaneously dismayed by the level of intelligence of our ‘fans’. I am ashamed. 

Very obvious Jackson is a winger and a winger only, elder Vickers and barkhuizen are as expected not up to the standard. I’d play Collins up top with Jackson on the wing and Osborn left back until we get one in. Ozoh is very raw and will have the odd off game it’s normal. Some positives to take and also were never good on opening day.

Is it really that bad ? 
A poor few minutes 

But we scored two goals away from home 

lots of people asking where the goals are coming from - they came tonight didn’t they ? 

the negativity from some is both alarming and bewildering 

I thought when I recently joined this site that I was connecting with derby county supporters 

Is it always like this ? 

And for those giving me grief for being there and saying I thought we did ok what do you actually expect?? We need a new keeper new CB new striker and are likely to struggle all season? Expect us to just turn up and roll teams over like we’re still playing Cambridge?

You are in here spouting a holier than though line like you are the only real Derby fan in here. You've already called one poster a 'bell' and told them to go watch someone else.

Perhaps it's worth having a look at yourself here? You've jumped on any dissenting voices immediately and heavily. Perhaps people are peed off because they care?

We've just been pumped 4-2 by a team most expect to be down in the scrap with us. What do you expect? A shrug of the shoulders and for everyone to pretend what they just saw was ok? It wasn't.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Cashin played the second half like he was a fan who won a raffle ticket to play for the Rams. Unfortunately a fan who supported Notts Forest.

He has looked like that all pre-season as well. Very concerning.

There were a few green shoots but with a defence of that quality and no goalscorer, I don’t know what more we can do right now 🤷‍♂️

Recruitment over the coming weeks will define our season. 

Really not willing to get into an argument with some of the clowns who only seem to pipe up when we're doing badly so I'm just going to drop a fact that is a fact and not negotiable

We set up today to play attacking football, and didn't try to grind out a result. We committed men forward to try and score goals and as a result conceded 4. This was the case from minute one right until the end.

No further questions