John McAtee

admira

I thought that as part of PWs recruitment an assessment of players attitude and character and this played a big part in PWs decision to employ the player. I think this is a wise move as one bad apple etc

I have no idea if John McAtee is a good or bad apple but it is comforting to know we do take a players character and personality into consideration👍👍👍🐏🐏🐏

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Never mind Warne, I take one look at an article like that and want nothing to do with anyone involved. Pathetic stuff.

Charlie George spat into the pop side a few months before he joined us but was soon universally loved. Rooney was far from perfect in his private life  but accepted .

I don’t find that behaviour acceptable (if true ) but do we know how this played out was it true or over exaggerated for attention. 
What level of standard of behaviour do we accept ( obviously Adam Johnson stuff is no go ) and do we forgive younger players who hopefully will accept they were wrong and mature behaviourally ?

44 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Charlie George spat into the pop side a few months before he joined us

More like 3 years Reg, but as someone who managed to duck underneath the Popside's retaliatory volley of "greenies", I'd forgiven him by the time he'd signed for us.

59 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Charlie George spat into the pop side a few months before he joined us but was soon universally loved. Rooney was far from perfect in his private life  but accepted .

I don’t find that behaviour acceptable (if true ) but do we know how this played out was it true or over exaggerated for attention. 
What level of standard of behaviour do we accept ( obviously Adam Johnson stuff is no go ) and do we forgive younger players who hopefully will accept they were wrong and mature behaviourally ?

It's more just the fact that I wouldn't want that childish and damaging influencer culture in the dressing room. It's a nasty symptom of modern culture and should be resisted wherever possible.

I appreciate that's a very personal opinion, but if I were managing a football team, or any professional team in any industry really, I'd want it nowhere near my people.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Never mind Warne, I take one look at an article like that and want nothing to do with anyone involved. Pathetic stuff.

Totally understandable.

Wouldn’t be overly concerned yet given the source. HITC rehashed by FLW. The ultimate click baiters. Save these thoughts for when someone more credible comes along with it 

2 hours ago, Day said:

Can confirm.

Although he’s rumoured to have a bit of an interesting life outside of football, recently said to have spat at another woman on a night out….not the first time either. 

https://www.dorset.live/news/dorset-news/dorset-influencer-caught-up-sweary-6839049

I’ve spat on a few women in my time. To be fair I did give them the alternative option.

Edited by i-Ram

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I’ve spat on a few women in my time. To be fair I did give them the alternative option.

Seriously, or has this joke gone sailing over my head???