Rohan Luthra - signed on a 1-year-deal

Am I missing something or dont you need to be... under 21... to play for the U21's?

I mean, I know you can have the odd senior player if they are making their way back from injury or whatever but seems strange if we are signing a 22 yr old to mostly play in the u21s?

6 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

Am I missing something or dont you need to be... under 21... to play for the U21's?

I mean, I know you can have the odd senior player if they are making their way back from injury or whatever but seems strange if we are signing a 22 yr old to mostly play in the u21s?

I think it depends where in the calendar year your birthday falls

4 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

The rules used to be that keepers can be up to 23, plus you can have up to 3 21+ in a matchday squad. Not sure if that changed with the move to PL2.

1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

Nothing to say he can’t be signed as both third choice for first team and first choice u21s keeper. 

He'll be signed to allow Jack Thompson to continue his development. Jack will still be 1st choice in the U21s and travel with the first team to games. Luthra will fill in for the U21s when Jack is unavailable.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He'll be signed to allow Jack Thompson to continue his development. Jack will still be 1st choice in the U21s and travel with the first team to games. Luthra will fill in for the U21s when Jack is unavailable.

Where will Harry evans fit into the squads this season 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Interesting thoughts 👻

13 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Wonder if it is the same Rohan Luthra playing for Cheshire against Derbyshire in a 50 over game today. 

Can't imagine there's many others
He did play cricket with Sunbury before joining Palace's academy

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

Wonder if it is the same Rohan Luthra playing for Cheshire against Derbyshire in a 50 over game today. 

Pretty sure it's a different guy.