Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

55 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Squad could be being finalised at 27 / 28 with possible 3 going out on loans. 

Zetterstom Vickers Thompson 

Wilson Ward Rooney 

Fozzy Elder Osborn 

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Bradley 

Adams Kenzo Thompson Fornah Ozoh Robinson 

NML Barks CBT Jackson 

Yates Collins Brown Washington 

The balance isn't quite there. I'd expect it to be closer to this (with a few loaned out or let go):

GK: Zetterstrom, Vickers, Luthra/JThompson/Evans

RCB: Nelson, Nyambe, Rooney

CB: New, Bradley

LCB: Cashin, Forsyth

RWB: Wilson, Ward

LWB: New, Elder

CM: New, Adams, Ozoh, DRobinson, Fornah

CM: Osborn, Goudmijn, LThompson

RF: New, Jackson, Barkhuizen

LF: Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor, Washington

CF: New, Yates, Collins, Brown

Finally after coming on here to read for many years, I actually have some insights to provide, being a Stockholm native and to a degree following the local teams.

If this transfer comes through, and the numbers reported are remotely correct, it’s indeed a great one - considering Hammarby (one of the other large clubs in Stockholm) sold their younger but less capable goalie to Coventry for reported >£1m the other day.

JWZ is highly rated. He concedes just under one goal per game in one of the better teams in Sweden (all teams in the top division but two has conceded more than 1 per game), and gets a clean sheet every second game. He is good at defending crosses (it’s however way more physical in the box in England so he needs to adapt to that), and a good classic shot stopper all around. His main weakness is his feet.

He will be used to playing in front of large, loud and hostile crowds as well from a bunch of Stockholm-derbies.

2 hours ago, Magicman said:

Squad could be being finalised at 27 / 28 with possible 3 going out on loans. 

Zetterstom Vickers Thompson 

Wilson Ward Rooney 

Fozzy Elder Osborn 

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Bradley 

Adams Kenzo Thompson Fornah Ozoh Robinson 

NML Barks CBT Jackson 

Yates Collins Brown Washington 

Still light up front IMO. Would like one more in there. 

Happy with this one. Another left wing back has to be the priority now.

We have a first team GK with statue and another ball winner in Ozoh (hopefully).

I'd send Robinson and Brown on load to aid their development and move on Washington. If we can off load Wash then I'd get another CF in with a big physical presence and we won't be far away.

Edited by Ram1988

Impressed by the measured approach this summer. Foreign targets seem to be well considered. Not sure that's always been the case in the past. 

Left (wing) back is an obvious weakness and still no idea who our starting centre forward is supposed to be. And ideally we'd find an upgrade on Bradley at the back. But otherwise things are taking shape. 

Edited by vonwright

5 hours ago, vonwright said:

Impressed by the measured approach this summer. Foreign targets seem to be well considered. Not sure that's always been the case in the past. 

Left (wing) back is an obvious weakness and still no idea who our starting centre forward is supposed to be. And ideally we'd find an upgrade on Bradley at the back. But otherwise things are taking shape. 

Agree fully. If the rumoured CDM and GK come about I'm assuming the 3 positions you mention will be strengthened. Sounds also like one of Washington and Barks may be on their way so another wide player also.

Overall, a really exciting window so far. It always spices things up with a few unknowns arriving.

8 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think there will be two more midfielders in. Fornah sold or loaned out. Robinson sent out on loan.

If Dembele came in I can see Barkhuizen being out the door.

Definitely a centre forward needed. 

And PW on record saying he wants another ‘pacey’ central defender….

We do need a quality striker though…

10 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Agree fully. If the rumoured CDM and GK come about I'm assuming the 3 positions you mention will be strengthened. Sounds also like one of Washington and Barks may be on their way so another wide player also.

Overall, a really exciting window so far. It always spices things up with a few unknowns arriving.

Would agree with that but I can’t see where the goals are coming from at the moment. 

None of the midfielders, good players though they are, are prolific goal scorers, so a lot of pressure on Yates and NML, assuming Collins is a sub.

We need two strikers at least and a more attacking midfielder like Dembele (if he’s robust enough)

Still exciting so far 😊

7 hours ago, vonwright said:

Yates is the striker. Other than the first 3 games, of course. 

8 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Happy with this one. Another left wing back has to be the priority now.

We have a first team GK with statue and another ball winner in Ozoh (hopefully).

I'd send Robinson and Brown on load to aid their development and move on Washington. If we can off load Wash then I'd get another CF in with a big physical presence and we won't be far away.

Let's hope he doesn't play like one!

10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The balance isn't quite there. I'd expect it to be closer to this (with a few loaned out or let go):

GK: Zetterstrom, Vickers, Luthra/JThompson/Evans

RCB: Nelson, Nyambe, Rooney

CB: New, Bradley

LCB: Cashin, Forsyth

RWB: Wilson, Ward

LWB: New, Elder

CM: New, Adams, Ozoh, DRobinson, Fornah

CM: Osborn, Goudmijn, LThompson

RF: New, Jackson, Barkhuizen

LF: Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor, Washington

CF: New, Yates, Collins, Brown

Nearly all those marked as new will have to be under 21, only four in that list of 32 are, or three if Luthra is added: Clubs are required to submit a 25-man squad list to the EFL with only players classified as under-21 exempt from this requirement.

45 minutes ago, Mr Ramtastic said:

And the two against Swansea

10% of the season already. Looking at the striking options it's hard not to say that we definitely need more firepower. I'm sure we'll spread the goals around but we still look light in that department IMO.