Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

16 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I don’t know about anyone else, but I am going out now to firebomb an IKEA.

I see overnight a mindless few had a go a burning down the Holiday Inn in Tamworth. No respect for the Town’s cultural heritage.

I get that they’re frustrated at how long this deal is taking, but it’s a bit much 

5 hours ago, Rugby Ram said:

I finally have some more news to share. The “early next week” did not happen because as reported there are issues with the registration of new players for the qualifying rounds of the Conference League. This is still the case and he will be playing for Djurgärdens in both games of their next round. I have been told after this Jacob will finally join Derby. The timing is also not just on the club’s side, Jacob wants to help get them into the group stages of the conference league out of loyalty and will 100% not be putting in a transfer request to speed up the process despite wanting the move to Derby.

Whilst this is frustrating for us we will be getting a player that is worth the wait so unfortunately just have to be patient.

And when are the next round games?

4 minutes ago, Ravanelli said:

I can’t see Derby waiting until 29th if that’s the final qualifying game. That’s cutting it way too fine if the deal falls through before end of window. 

Interesting that a player West Brom have bid for was left out the squad... yet here we are.

I think it's more important to see how quickly they sign their replacement keeper. Sounds like they're now close, which should then aid us.

You lot need to relax. Clubs negotiate on all kinds of different things and we have no idea if he's here tomorrow or in a few weeks. It sounds like he's worth the wait regardless so no need for undue panic.

Put some trust in those running the club that got us back to the Championship and hopefully onto a sustainable path!

22 hours ago, SECornerRAM said:

Bit of a strange one, by all accounts they're a bit of a pain to deal with and they are acting a bit a child when you tell them to come of their Xbox "please just one more game" 

Medical is done 

Contracts all agreed 

Fee agreed / add ons etc. 

The club is fully expecting him training with us next week ahead of Blackburn 

They wanted him to stay again for Thursday but that will not be happening. Player has equally told them the same. 

Very Interesting / strange situation on this one 
Just spoke with someone at the club who is completely unsure of where we are with it: 

Everything is agreed but nothing is signed 

On Friday the above was all correct and he was heading over today (Monday) - Now it appears they're playing hard ball with their asset. They had all agreed he would be in Derby training this week but all verbal. 

As we stand, Djurgardens hold all the aces on the transfer date: unless we want to pull out of the deal 

Pulling out of the deal is great to show strength but in a balanced way lose out on a really good deal for the sake of three league games (worst case) 

Fair to say everyone at Derby is less than happy about the situation, but until anything is signed its their asset and they decide what to do.

They have acted in bad faith though - absolute no doubt about it. 

1 minute ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Let's all hope that they get hammered out of site in these two qualifying games. I wish them nothing but bad fortune personally.

Let's hope, if they do get hammered, it's not all down to their keeper!