Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

4 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

https://x.com/fotbolldirekt/status/1820171460033511766?s=46

My translate won’t support Swedish, but this was posted 5 minutes ago

"Jacob Widell Zetterström is more or less ready for Derby County in the Championship.  The goalkeeper has been medically examined and will, most likely, switch Sweden for England. The only question is when the transition will take place.  - But today he plays, and against Tampere he will play. And in the return, says Bosse Andersson to Expressen.

It is a poorly hidden secret that Jacob Widell Zetterström is on his way away from Djurgården. Both the 26-year-old himself and the club have confirmed that the goalkeeper has had a medical with Derby County and that everything points to a transfer. When it becomes relevant, however, remains to be seen. However, "JWZ" will remain in Dif for at least two more weeks.

Then we play Europe, and we will certainly come back to when he will be able to play. But today he plays, and against Tampere he will play. And in the return. I think he knows that too, says Bosse Andersson to Expressen.

Thus, "JWZ" looks set to remain for almost two more weeks, when his Djurgården plays the return against Ilves on 15/8. The goalkeeper himself is open that he has been to Derby and completed a medical examination.  - They found that I was flat-footed... No, but there were no problems there, Widell Zetterström.  However, he is not entirely sure when a possible move to Derby might become relevant.  - I don't really know yet what applies. I was there for a medical examination. Most people know that. I don't know what happens next."

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

"Jacob Widell Zetterström is more or less ready for Derby County in the Championship.  The goalkeeper has been medically examined and will, most likely, switch Sweden for England. The only question is when the transition will take place.  - But today he plays, and against Tampere he will play. And in the return, says Bosse Andersson to Expressen.

It is a poorly hidden secret that Jacob Widell Zetterström is on his way away from Djurgården. Both the 26-year-old himself and the club have confirmed that the goalkeeper has had a medical with Derby County and that everything points to a transfer. When it becomes relevant, however, remains to be seen. However, "JWZ" will remain in Dif for at least two more weeks.

Then we play Europe, and we will certainly come back to when he will be able to play. But today he plays, and against Tampere he will play. And in the return. I think he knows that too, says Bosse Andersson to Expressen.

Thus, "JWZ" looks set to remain for almost two more weeks, when his Djurgården plays the return against Ilves on 15/8. The goalkeeper himself is open that he has been to Derby and completed a medical examination.  - They found that I was flat-footed... No, but there were no problems there, Widell Zetterström.  However, he is not entirely sure when a possible move to Derby might become relevant.  - I don't really know yet what applies. I was there for a medical examination. Most people know that. I don't know what happens next."

This is insanely odd situation. Quite frankly the way it's being handled is a disgrace. I would expect if they are adamant he won't just us till late August we will switch targets. 

I don't buy the contracts being signed, if they were he be a Ram. 

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Oh god, I hope he remembers his insoles! FFS! 😄 

5 hours ago, TerryH said:

You are making assumptions and speculating based on what the manager said, without you knowing the facts as he does .As you well know. Refer to your original reply. 

For that reason you are wise to leave it there 

No i'm not. i'm literally stating what he said. Listen to it yourself.  Jesus H.

I think that a statement from the club would help the fans on this, instead of coy remarks from the manager and silence from every one else. It would also give us the opportunity to take control of the narrative.

As it stands it looks like they are taking the p*ss out of us, regardless of whether that is true or not.

I think a lot of the time the fans aren't trusted to be able to handle the truth.

27 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No i'm not. i'm literally stating what he said. Listen to it yourself.  Jesus H.

Credibility gone . “A man who can’t stick to his word is not a man “ 

That’s hilarious - you just can’t help yourself !  Fabulously funny - thank you 

If we need to switch targets because it is deemed that we need a new keeper by Friday or definitely before the end of August, what's this Rinne like? He is obviously for sale and is deemed an adequate replacement for JWZ. If he's not too much it may be worth a bid, and offer him the chance to play in the Championship, the shop window for the Premier.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

The more I reflect on it, the less odd it is.

How is it any different to the Prem teams taking this time to decide on loaning players out? At this rate, JWZ will still be available for more games than Yates

The only weird thing about it is just how public they’ve made it on there side. I’d imagine transfers like this aren’t as uncommon as we probably think. 

1 hour ago, TerryH said:

Credibility gone . “A man who can’t stick to his word is not a man “ 

That’s hilarious - you just can’t help yourself !  Fabulously funny - thank you 

Mate he's just a rams fan putting a football related post on a fans forum.

Trying to talk down to to people like that and making yourself come across as superior is somewhat unpleasant.

Knock it off.

Disagree by all means ....,..but quit being dismissive and demeaning........there is no call for it!

On 23/07/2024 at 18:33, Rugby Ram said:

Been a long time since I’ve posted on here but coincidentally Jacob is actually a friend of a Swedish friend of mine so thought I’d share what I know about him.

I know he wanted to leave Djurgårdens this summer but did not expect Derby to be in for him (heard asking price was around 2 million at the start of the summer). I haven’t been told specific financial details of the deal with Derby but it’s significantly less than that. So far the agreement is only verbal but as of now I would be surprised if he wasn’t a Derby player by early next week.

As a player he’s aggressive coming for the ball especially from crosses. Doesn’t just stand on his line. His best attribute is his shot stopping and he’s agile for a big man. His long balls are good as well, they create chances and he has had some assists from them.

He had a very serious concussion injury when he was younger which nearly made him stop playing football and kept him out for 1.5 years. That’s why he now wears a helmet when playing.

As a person I’ve heard he’s down to earth and very smart and hard working. He actually studied to be a doctor whilst playing for Djurgårdens. His English is also fantastic and definitely fits the type of person Warne looks for.

Personally very excited about this deal, good value for a good player with potential. Recruitment has been very impressive so far!

I finally have some more news to share. The “early next week” did not happen because as reported there are issues with the registration of new players for the qualifying rounds of the Conference League. This is still the case and he will be playing for Djurgärdens in both games of their next round. I have been told after this Jacob will finally join Derby. The timing is also not just on the club’s side, Jacob wants to help get them into the group stages of the conference league out of loyalty and will 100% not be putting in a transfer request to speed up the process despite wanting the move to Derby.

Whilst this is frustrating for us we will be getting a player that is worth the wait so unfortunately just have to be patient.

Is it deemed different for a goalkeeper in cases like this? Is he less likely to get injured?
Think of Ebou, and him being left out of a friendly because we were in for him? 
This goalie is being played in European Qualifiers whilst we’re sat twiddling our thumbs. 
Is the risk worth taking?