Mendez Laing Arrested

10 minutes ago, one_chop said:

So he gives some daft bird a back hander in a Spanish nightclub, we've all been there, best thing he can do is not answer bail and holiday elsewhere in future.

She was probably one of those ridiculous 'Love island' types that earns a living being an attention seeking 'influencer'.

2 minutes ago, McArthur Park said:

Just, wow. 

I know, right.  😲

Why should he have to holiday elsewhere!  👀

16 minutes ago, one_chop said:

So he gives some daft bird a back hander in a Spanish nightclub, we've all been there, best thing he can do is not answer bail and holiday elsewhere in future.

She was probably one of those ridiculous 'Love island' types that earns a living being an attention seeking 'influencer'.

You're kidding right? 

19 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Unarmed.  Backed into a corner (Nowhere to run to baby, nowhere to hide).  And face to face with an attacker (gender not stated!)... armed with a baseball bat and/or small veg knife.
For clarity, no other persons are in the vicinity.

What's your next move?

A/  Try to punch and kick your way out of said corner?
B/  Stand hands aloft, whilst wailing "Please don't hurt me"?
C/  Fall to the floor, make like a foetus, and whimper to your mum to come and save you?  (She's not actually there, remember!)
D/  Other?

🤷‍♂️

Quite a long way from someone taking photos wouldn’t you agree?

You’ve been watching too many Liam Neeson films.

Let's be honest - if she wanted to press charges for assault, she would have done. But no - the offence as charged is for theft of the phone. Why would she not press charges for the assault? I know the most obvious answer to that question, but I'M NOT ONE TO GOSSIP 😂

24 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Quite a long way from someone taking photos wouldn’t you agree?

You’ve been watching too many Liam Neeson films.

I deliberately made my question a multi choice, to make it simple for you, and still you fail to answer!  🙄

So... How about we forget all about NML, Spanish nightclubs, stolen mobiles and redrag newspapers, and go back solely to your comment that I deliberately quoted in order to set up the relevancy of my little questionnaire?

Namely your response of "No" to the question "Would you say a man punching a man is acceptable under certain circumstances?"

The question still stands.  I'm genuinely intrigued as to how you would respond to my hypothetical scenario... or a million others, to be fair!

🤷‍♂️

24 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I deliberately made my question a multi choice, to make it simple for you, and still you fail to answer!  🙄

So... How about we forget all about NML, Spanish nightclubs, stolen mobiles and redrag newspapers, and go back solely to your comment that I deliberately quoted in order to set up the relevancy of my little questionnaire?

Namely your response of "No" to the question "Would you say a man punching a man is acceptable under certain circumstances?"

The question still stands.  I'm genuinely intrigued as to how you would respond to my hypothetical scenario... or a million others, to be fair!

🤷‍♂️

In answer to your question I can’t think of any reasonable circumstances in which a man hitting a woman would be acceptable.

In some instances it might be the only possible answer to save life but they are so rare that I can’t countenance them in my general answer.

If it’s a case of ‘she hit me first’ or ‘she was asking for it’ then I’m afraid it’s still a firm no.

I’m sorry if I didn’t account for a 1:1,000,000 risk situation. I’m also not sure trying to punch someone with a knife has a high success rate outside of Hollywood.

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

In answer to your question I can’t think of any reasonable circumstances in which a man hitting a woman would be acceptable.

In some instances it might be the only possible answer to save life but they are so rare that I can’t countenance them in my general answer.

If it’s a case of ‘she hit me first’ or ‘she was asking for it’ then I’m afraid it’s still a firm no.

I’m sorry if I didn’t account for a 1:1,000,000 risk situation. I’m also not sure trying to punch someone with a knife has a high success rate outside of Hollywood.

This is a strange take. If a woman attacks you, you have a right to defend yourself. I feel like this is the weird remnants of perceived chivalry, but if we're applying equality properly, you literally treat all people the same, no?

1 hour ago, Kathcairns said:

I  dont buy papers, but suppose your all classy mirror readerss😉

My Dad used to buy the Daily Mirror and Daily Telegraph when we were kids - he was still buying the Telegraph right up to the last couple of weeks of his life - even though he was always a floating voter.

I haven't read or bought a tabloid in decades.

11 minutes ago, Crewton said:

My Dad used to buy the Daily Mirror and Daily Telegraph when we were kids - he was still buying the Telegraph right up to the last couple of weeks of his life - even though he was always a floating voter.

I haven't read or bought a tabloid in decades.

Its all just a load of gossip whatever paper you buy, they are all as bad, just something (anything) to sell papers, thats why im like you and dont buy them.

39 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

This is a strange take. If a woman attacks you, you have a right to defend yourself. I feel like this is the weird remnants of perceived chivalry, but if we're applying equality properly, you literally treat all people the same, no?

If a woman attacks you it's not necessary to take that kind of ultra physical action. unless a weapons involved.  A woman swinging a fist at you isn't the same as a tanked up 18 stone bloke.   Having seen the damage a punch will do to a woman as a youngster when a bloke swings it, it's totally disproportionate.   

50 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

can’t think of any reasonable circumstances in which a man hitting a woman would be acceptable.

So you haven't seen any of these videos where a group of gobby women take the mick out of a lone bloke on a bus, train before deciding to yank his hair and punch him?

You see more agro caused by pissed up women now than you do by blokes and some of them definitely need a slap.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If a woman attacks you it's not necessary to take that kind of ultra physical action. unless a weapons involved.  A woman swinging a fist at you isn't the same as a tanked up 18 stone bloke.   Having seen the damage a punch will do to a woman as a youngster when a bloke swings it, it's totally disproportionate.   

Oh is this specifically about punching, rather than physical altercations of any kind? Like punching wouldn't be okay, but a rear naked choke would be? 😂

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Exactly - the law is all about using "reasonable force" to defend yourself and if you're not armed yourself, the law is pretty relaxed about how you neutralise the threat of an assailant. The physical condition of the assailant would be one of the factors taken into account irrespective of the respective sexes.

Personally, I'd prefer to be thought of as 'reprehensible' by @Anag Ram than 'dead' by my wife and family.

2 hours ago, one_chop said:

Did you read that back to yourself before you posted it? Jesus.

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Oh is this specifically about punching, rather than physical altercations of any kind? Like punching wouldn't be okay, but a rear naked choke would be? 😂

Your flippant response tells me plenty.  Anyone who chooses to hurt a woman disprotiantly to the position of risk they are in is a w*****.  I'll leave you to decide the camp your in.