Olaf Kobacki - signed for Sheffield Wednesday

dcfcjj

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Doubt we were ever actually interested in him. We’ve already got Barkhuizen, Mendez-Laing and Blackett-Taylor - wide players aren’t an immediate priority.

Kayden Jackson will complete the squad in terms of wide players. Unless we're looking to shift Barkhuizen of course... ?

29 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Kayden Jackson will complete the squad in terms of wide players. Unless we're looking to shift Barkhuizen of course... ?

Based on the flexibility of Warne wanting a front 2 or 3, I wouldn't take too much notice of them being 'wide players' or not - Barkhuizen played at AM and Mendez-Laing at CF being examples.

I reckon we'll end up with 9 players to squeeze into our attacking lineup, meaning 3 summer signings - potentially Yates, Jackson, and another #9.

This would leave the likes of Barkhuzien and Washington as our emergency backups, and all others forming part of our fully fit matchday squad (new signings plus Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor, Collins, Brown)

50 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Doubt we were ever actually interested in him. We’ve already got Barkhuizen, Mendez-Laing and Blackett-Taylor - wide players aren’t an immediate priority.

No chance we were in for him.

All this talk of Polish wingers and Icelandic midfielders.

If the chief scout rang Warne and said "hey Paul, we are off to Iceland, meet you at the training ground in 2 hours", Warne would rock up with his bags for life ready to do the weekly shop.

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Based on the flexibility of Warne wanting a front 2 or 3, I wouldn't take too much notice of them being 'wide players' or not - Barkhuizen played at AM and Mendez-Laing at CF being examples.

I reckon we'll end up with 9 players to squeeze into our attacking lineup, meaning 3 summer signings - potentially Yates, Jackson, and another #9.

This would leave the likes of Barkhuzien and Washington as our emergency backups, and all others forming part of our fully fit matchday squad (new signings plus Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor, Collins, Brown)

"Support strikers" is probably the term to use then, although Blackett-Taylor, Barkhuizen and probably Jackson will be used as wide players far more than they will be infield.

5 hours ago, Jubbs said:

072adc0ba04ebcf4835962ad821d248ff3bcb76dab5ce64f41f85d3c.thumb.png.bdcae58115277b30ce2b3ed4ffeb99b4.png

I know absolutely nowt about the quality of the Polish 2nd tier, but if this is owt to go by then he's a hard working, put-a-shift-in type who gets himself into the box too. Sounds like a Warne player to a tee.

58 minutes ago, FKANorwichExile said:

I know absolutely nowt about the quality of the Polish 2nd tier, but if this is owt to go by then he's a hard working, put-a-shift-in type who gets himself into the box too. Sounds like a Warne player to a tee.

Probably L1/2 standard. Not too unreasonable... if there was a 22 year old with his record in L2 last season, I'm sure many people on here would think he's worth a gamble.

To give you an idea of a potential fee, apparently his club have only ever sold 3 players for more than £100k (roughly £850k, £350k and £250k). Kind if suggests he'll be available for what we're willing to spend.

23 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

No chance we were in for him.

All this talk of Polish wingers and Icelandic midfielders.

If the chief scout rang Warne and said "hey Paul, we are off to Iceland, meet you at the training ground in 2 hours", Warne would rock up with his bags for life ready to do the weekly shop.

In which case he could pick me up a couple of jars of Mr Naga Hot Pepper Pickle. My local Iceland hasn't got any, yet the online system shows it as an orderable item.