Kayden Jackson - signed on a 2 year deal

Jimbo Ram

7 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Maybe.  But a three year deal doesn't feel bargain bucket.  Cheap up front, I grant you.

Again, the key thing is what does management see in him that they are willing to make such a concession to get him (should the news be confirmed).

More than his track record shows obviously. Just look it up for yourself on Wikipedia. 30 years old and played only 2 seasons in the championship

Just now, Gerry Daly said:

More than his track record shows obviously. Just look it up for yourself on Wikipedia. 30 years old and played only 2 seasons in the championship

I agree with you.  But I am not paid to find footballing diamonds in the rough.  Those that are a taking a massive punt on this guy, provided this is confirmed.  I am intrigued.    

Early prediction. Fans favourite after 10 games. Never, ever underestimate work rate. You can look at stats all day and they paint a picture, but until you see someone running all game with their kit soaked in sweat, working hard for the team, for the manager, for the fans, you can only form part of it.

Sure his record is average, sure he isn't gonna bang in 25 goals and set the league on fire, but someone putting themselves about with the fans on their side raises the work rate and commitment of others around them. In they run through brick walls and the fans love them for it, others follow their example.

Our fans will bloody love him.

15 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

We are still shopping in the bargain bucket then

Genuinely mate, how many times have you seen him play? Have you just took one look at his stats and thought bargain bucket?

We have no idea what he will bring to this team at all. Other than what Ipswich fans have said, who watch him week in week out.

I remember being excited when we spent £6 million on Bradley Johnson and I wasn't even remotely excited when we signed Ebou Adams.

But look at how both of them worked out.

I just never understand why players are judged before they have kicked a ball for us. 

Warne has said he likes players who can play different positions and evidently he can. Lets see who else we bring in.

Jerry Yates the same - If he had just bagged 15 goals for Blackpool and got relegated, we went up and signed him, the vast majority would be happy with it. But cos of the spell at Swansea, where it hasnt worked out (still their top scorer mind) then some of our fans have turned their nose up.

We are not shopping with millions to spend anymore, those days are gone and very nearly ended us. 

There is still 2 months of the window to go, lets see who we get in and what we spend and watching them play before making our judgements.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Genuinely mate, how many times have you seen him play? Have you just took one look at his stats and thought bargain bucket?

We have no idea what he will bring to this team at all. Other than what Ipswich fans have said, who watch him week in week out.

I remember being excited when we spent £6 million on Bradley Johnson and I wasn't even remotely excited when we signed Ebou Adams.

But look at how both of them worked out.

I just never understand why players are judged before they have kicked a ball for us. 

Warne has said he likes players who can play different positions and evidently he can. Lets see who else we bring in.

Jerry Yates the same - If he had just bagged 15 goals for Blackpool and got relegated, we went up and signed him, the vast majority would be happy with it. But cos of the spell at Swansea, where it hasnt worked out (still their top scorer mind) then some of our fans have turned their nose up.

We are not shopping with millions to spend anymore, those days are gone and very nearly ended us. 

There is still 2 months of the window to go, lets see who we get in and what we spend and watching them play before making our judgements.

Always so positive and glass half full Mackworth 😉

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Warne wanted more athleticism didn't he? 

'Hardworking player with pace' says Jubbs. 

Yep. Fits the bill.

The less restricted Warne is the more he'll bring in archetypecal Warne signings, which do tend to prioritise effort uber alles.

Other people's recruitment and some of our restrictions are likely the biggest reasons why we've seen players of a higher technical ability brought in, even if he's done well to adapt his methods to get the best out of them.

'Having' to bring in Gayle because we couldn't get Smith or Rhodes for example. He came in and our attacking play improved to become more multi-fasceted, but if he'd had his way Smith would have been in there and we'd have continued to play more/too direct.

That's not to say he won't sign some good footballers, before anyone starts. Just saying, this is / would be another signing along with Yates who allows Warne's ideal way of playing to be applied.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Have you just took one look at his stats and thought bargain bucket?

Yes. I think Leopards don't change their spots, certainly not by the age of 30. Track record and stats don't count so much for young players, but for somebody on a free at 30 years of age the stats are telling. He has played the vast majority of his career below championship level and that's bargain bucket for a Championship club. He sounds like a poor man's Craig Fagan to me, another wide player with a terrific work rate. But as you say, we will see 

55 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

In which case, I wonder what management see in him.  They must have a very strong view for this, as if they get it wrong he is going to be tough to get off the books.  

Everyone we sign gets the benefit of the doubt from me.  

Hopefully,the same as Kieran McKenna ,a highly respected manager who extended his contract in 2022 ?

11 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Yes. I think Leopards don't change their spots, certainly not by the age of 30. Track record and stats don't count so much for young players, but for somebody on a free at 30 years of age the stats are telling. He has played the vast majority of his career below championship level and that's bargain bucket for a Championship club. He sounds like a poor man's Craig Fagan to me, another wide player with a terrific work rate. But as you say, we will see 

You probably had similar thoughts about NML when he joined us - after all, he was also 30 and hadn't exactly set the Championship alight based on his stats for the previous 3-4 seasons. Not done too bad has he?

15 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

That the same Craig Fagan that was in our team that got promoted?

Half the players we are linked with end with comments along the lines of 

Warne is wonk

Typical Warne signing.

Never heard of him so must be wonk

30 years old...over the hill

Christ almighty.

The new regime at pride park have got us promoted in under two seasons and we haven't paid a single fee for one player.

January came and went without us signing a striker and it was yet again a Warne failure.

And even though he is so wonk he managed to conjure up a promotion with.

Had all this with cloughie.

Yet he signed Forsyth, Martin, Bryson, Buxton to name a few.

Yes he signed a few duds too but tell me one manager who hasn't especially when he was restricted on fees/wages.

Spaffed millions on has beens and overrated tosh under Morris with nothing to show.

At least give everyone a chance to be wonk before we condemn them .