Sayings from popular culture that you have taken on....

Chester40

Taking a risk with this, but its close season so here goes..

Most people will find it hard not say 'I'll be back' without some kind of nod to Arnie.  

But what other sayings (preferably outside of the obvious) have your family/friends taken from tv/film/music etc?).

Currently, every time we are in a situation where we are asking for things to be done at home someone will randomly say 'Muffin me' (from the Nationwide advert).

I've a feeling it's going to stick...

Any others that you have stuck with long after they are in the general public's consciousness?

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How old are you?

"You've never had it so good!" 😄

Old enough to have a work colleague who takes turns with me to return a hearty welcome with...

'Good moaning'...

Plus! When my kids do or say something 'soft'... like they have hurt their leg or hand... 

'Ahhh, but you have a woman's hand my good sir....I'll wager those hands have never... etc '

Edited by Chester40

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I use this a lot...

giphy.gif

My son loves the Dark Knight trilogy and says that ....

Its amazing how many sayings I do use as I reflect ... a lot pretty commonplace ie 'it's a local shop for local people'... and every time we are at the airport when I'm asked if we are boarding I will say 'I'm not getting on no plane fool'.. its almost like a reflex /Tourettes!

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

My son loves the Dark Knight trilogy and says that ....

One of the best movie trilogies tbh.  I do a lot of online gaming and it gets thrown around a lot!

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Its amazing how many sayings I do use as I reflect ... a lot pretty commonplace ie 'it's a local shop for local people'... and every time we are at the airport when I'm asked if we are boarding I will say 'I'm not getting on no plane fool'.. its almost like a reflex /Tourettes!

We recently moved to a remote Yorkshire village and my wife and I regularly say 'its a local shop (or pub!) for local people'.

We use lots of Little Britain catchphrases as well, probably not for the forum now-a-days though 🤪

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Old enough to have a work colleague who takes turns with me to return a hearty welcome with...

'Good moaning'...

Plus! When my kids do or say something 'soft'... like they have hurt their leg or hand... 

'Ahhh, but you have a woman's hand my good sir....I'll wager those hands have never... etc '

I thought it was God moaning?

Or is that a false memory.

If the Mrs tells the dog to "get down" I can't resist going full Arnie. "Get down! Get to da choppa!". Probably wasn't funny the first time but I can't give up. 

"You talkin to me?" De Niro.

If anyone at work says "coming out" then unfortunately you have to sing "I'm coming out! I want the world to know" with a camp dance. 

There's so many now that I think about it. And they all get on my own nerves.