Daniel Iversen

2 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Personally, I think Iversen is the "worst" out of the linked/rumoured keepers. 

Comparing Iversen, Rodak, Ryan and Hladky: (21/22 for Rodak, others 23/24)

PsxG+/- (Post shot expected goals, how likely the keeper is to save a shot)

1. Ryan +3.3
  2. Rodak +1.7
  3. Hladky +1.1
  4. Iversen -2.4

So all 3 apart from Iversen conceding fewer goals than they should have, whereas Iversen conceded more.

Pass completion % of passes over 40 yards:

1. Ryan 47.7%
  2. Hladky 42.6%
  3. Rodak 34.2%
  4. Iversen 23.1% 

So considering we'll probably be playing long quite a bit, Iversen is a poor distributer of the ball.

Defensive actions out of the area:

1. Hladky 105
  2. Ryan 45
  3. Iversen 26
  4. Rodak 22

Iversen showing up poorly and likes to stay rooted to his line. Could be Stoke play style specific however.

Crosses stopped:

1. Ryan 8.7%
  2. Iversen 8.5%
  3. Hladky 5.5%
  4. Rodak 3.5%

So Iversen doesn't particularly show up amazingly on these stats... I think Ryan would be a clear option if available and Hladky a close second. Rodak hasn't played for a while and although his shot stopping stats are great, he doesn't really excel anywhere else. 

Stats can quite often be misleading though.

Also worth noting in 21/22 after a season at Preston he was named their player of the season. Which is pretty rare for a keeper.

So he must have done something right 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Stats can quite often be misleading though.

Also worth noting in 21/22 after a season at Preston he was named their player of the season. Which is pretty rare for a keeper.

So he must have done something right 

Not that rare, we have had a goalkeeper as player of the season 5 times in 55 seasons.

Whether it’s rare or not it shows he had a good season. Plus with his age you’d hope he’d only improve with us. 

However, I can’t help but think this discussion is void now that @SECornerRAM has confirmed the chap from Ipswich.

Unless, we’re wanting two very good keepers which IMO would be a waste of funds, assuming funds are tight.

6 hours ago, angieram said:

Exactly. I'd say 1 in 11 is literally average! 

Not when it comes to positions - CBs, CM & ST count for double, although CM now typically have three and ST one.

2 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Started for Leicester vs Villareal today. Definitely 3rd choice behind Hermansen (still away after Euros) - Stolarczych may be injured

A quick search tells me he played really well too. 

9 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Hopefully we don't have all our eggs in the Iversen basket. Although they also have Danny Ward would we have him?

Talking to my mate who is a Leicester fan, he reckons Ward Is on 50 grand a week 😳