Daniel Iversen

7 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

I don't know how realistic either signing would be, but I think we should target players with re-sale value. Iversen is coming up to 27 but would probably be a loan, Mat Ryan is 32.
I'd be more inclined to go for Arthur Okonkwo or (stealing from the Rams Talk podcast) Sam Tickle from Wigan. Both 22. Either could go for a lot of money in a couple of seasons.

Having Mr Tickle in goal is surely cheating given the length of his arms?

16 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Having Mr Tickle in goal is surely cheating given the length of his arms?

Okonkwo signed for Wrexham permanently, hasn't he?

As for Mr Tickle, when we had him we played him at left back. We should've tried Malone in net.

28 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

I don't know how realistic either signing would be, but I think we should target players with re-sale value. Iversen is coming up to 27 but would probably be a loan, Mat Ryan is 32.
I'd be more inclined to go for Arthur Okonkwo or (stealing from the Rams Talk podcast) Sam Tickle from Wigan. Both 22. Either could go for a lot of money in a couple of seasons.

I see your point, however we need a mix of youth and experience ideally and goalkeeper is a position where experience is invaluable (and we have a couple of young keepers coming through also who could see us right over the coming years, once they’ve been out and played men’s football at a decent level ).

Also Tickle would be silly money I think, he’s rated very highly.

14 minutes ago, goodgollymickbrolly said:

I see your point, however we need a mix of youth and experience ideally and goalkeeper is a position where experience is invaluable (and we have a couple of young keepers coming through also who could see us right over the coming years, once they’ve been out and played men’s football at a decent level ).

Also Tickle would be silly money I think, he’s rated very highly.

True. An old head while Jack Thompson comes through could work. He's looked quality from the bits I've seen of the U18s.

1 hour ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Tickle is an outstanding prospect. I don't know what Wigan would want for him, but he's just signed a new contract and I suspect we're talking real money, i.e. £5-10m, certainly out of our price range anyway. 

57 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Tickle is an outstanding prospect. I don't know what Wigan would want for him, but he's just signed a new contract and I suspect we're talking real money, i.e. £5-10m, certainly out of our price range anyway. 

Yeah, just seen that he's signed up until 2028 so probably unrealistic...

5 hours ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Good shout. We could sign his sister Tess for Ewe Rams too 🙂

On 25/06/2024 at 02:02, Gabby'sThighs said:

I completely agree with that philosophy, but I'm not arsed about applying it for goalkeepers. It's a much bigger risk than signing young outfield players.

11 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I completely agree with that philosophy, but I'm not arsed about applying it for goalkeepers. It's a much bigger risk than signing young outfield players.

Isn’t the philosophy to make money and produce young players from our state of the art academy? Most of our income from transfers over the years has been from academy products. Splashing large sums on young players seems a bit silly when we have a top academy. Does it matter if players have no resale value when we don’t pay anything for them in the first place?

5 hours ago, RamInSweden said:

Isn’t the philosophy to make money and produce young players from our state of the art academy? Most of our income from transfers over the years has been from academy products. Splashing large sums on young players seems a bit silly when we have a top academy. Does it matter if players have no resale value when we don’t pay anything for them in the first place?

That’s a philosophy, but it doesn’t mean it’s better than buying highly scouted players with resale value. And they’re not mutually exclusive either. 

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Probably just me. But this signing is the one I'm most excited about at the minute, although Goldmine is testing that.

A keeper with championship experience, in his prime years, potential to add value to him, great to see us strengthen the spine of the team.

Me too. Maybe because I see him as a player that’s “too good” for a side fighting to stay up. He’s not quite a PL keeper, but in my opinion he should’ve played more for Leicester because he’s better than Danny Ward. It would go towards proving the statement that we aren’t just here to make up the numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I think Iversen is the "worst" out of the linked/rumoured keepers. 

Comparing Iversen, Rodak, Ryan and Hladky: (21/22 for Rodak, others 23/24)

PsxG+/- (Post shot expected goals, how likely the keeper is to save a shot)

1. Ryan +3.3
  2. Rodak +1.7
  3. Hladky +1.1
  4. Iversen -2.4

So all 3 apart from Iversen conceding fewer goals than they should have, whereas Iversen conceded more.

Pass completion % of passes over 40 yards:

1. Ryan 47.7%
  2. Hladky 42.6%
  3. Rodak 34.2%
  4. Iversen 23.1% 

So considering we'll probably be playing long quite a bit, Iversen is a poor distributer of the ball.

Defensive actions out of the area:

1. Hladky 105
  2. Ryan 45
  3. Iversen 26
  4. Rodak 22

Iversen showing up poorly and likes to stay rooted to his line. Could be Stoke play style specific however.

Crosses stopped:

1. Ryan 8.7%
  2. Iversen 8.5%
  3. Hladky 5.5%
  4. Rodak 3.5%

So Iversen doesn't particularly show up amazingly on these stats... I think Ryan would be a clear option if available and Hladky a close second. Rodak hasn't played for a while and although his shot stopping stats are great, he doesn't really excel anywhere else. 

Edited by Jubbs