Life would be better without...

dog

On 15/06/2024 at 15:13, Comrade 86 said:

Trick is to roast them to a crispy finish with honey or parmesan a must, to add flavour.

Bananas only good for smoothies or banana bread though. Can't be doing with them otherwise 🤮

What?  You've never had the joy of toast, spread with butter then banana mashed on top? Heavenly.

4 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

What?  You've never had the joy of toast, spread with butter then banana mashed on top? Heavenly.

Afraid not Colonel. That won't be changing anytime soon either!

Jesting aside, it's funny how as a species, we eat an incredibly diverse range of substances, yet can be incredibly picky all the same. Kids especially. A friend of mine's young daughter will only eat brown or beige food, for example. That was a new one on me! As it is, I do actually eat bananas some weeks, but only because they're a really healthy food source, though I do love them in smoothies.

30 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Afraid not Colonel. That won't be changing anytime soon either!

Jesting aside, it's funny how as a species, we eat an incredibly diverse range of substances, yet can be incredibly picky all the same. Kids especially. A friend of mine's young daughter will only eat brown or beige food, for example. That was a new one on me! As it is, I do actually eat bananas some weeks, but only because they're a really healthy food source, though I do love them in smoothies.

The first thing I was told not to eat when I was in hospital with kidney failure was bananas, very high in potassium.

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

The first thing I was told not to eat when I was in hospital with kidney failure was bananas, very high in potassium.

Ooof, can I assume you're fully recovered mate? That's pretty scary!

9 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Yes, about 20 years ago, keep taking the tablets 😂

Apart from the 20 years bit, I'm not sure what you mean, but obviously glad it's not any kind of ongoing issue.

54 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Apart from the 20 years bit, I'm not sure what you mean, but obviously glad it's not any kind of ongoing issue.

Thanks for your concern, I had IgA nephropathy ( google it) at the same time as acute cellulitis culminating in renal failure.

Came completely out of the blue and I was in hospital for about two weeks, three people on the ward died while I was in there, scary time for a relatively fit fifty year old, walking to the toilet was about the most I could manage.

There is no cure, but  the symptoms are manageable with the tablets I take daily.

My biggest problem now is the long covid that has developed since catching Covid at the preseason friendly at Bradford a couple of years ago. Hoping to still get to watch Derby home and away for a few more years yet 🙏

4 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

I was introduced to this...well almost about 5 years ago, But dried toast with sliced bananas, I thought they were taking the p!ss but I had to have a go...bloody lovely it is and has stayed on my menu ever since 

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Thanks for your concern, I had IgA nephropathy ( google it) at the same time as acute cellulitis culminating in renal failure.

Came completely out of the blue and I was in hospital for about two weeks, three people on the ward died while I was in there, scary time for a relatively fit fifty year old, walking to the toilet was about the most I could manage.

There is no cure, but  the symptoms are manageable with the tablets I take daily.

My biggest problem now is the long covid that has developed since catching Covid at the preseason friendly at Bradford a couple of years ago. Hoping to still get to watch Derby home and away for a few more years yet 🙏

Sorry to hear this but glad to hear you're at least managing. Not sure about 'scary' as that sounds terrifying to me.

Don't laugh, but I thought the tablets comment was directed at me. Thought it odd as I'm not on any medication currently, though there'd likely be more than a few who wish I were.

Trees. 

They fall on cars in the winter. Shed leaves everywhere in the autumn. And they in the summer they just block the sun out. 

As far the spring, they're just avian dens of inequity and fornication  

Plus, they steal water, burrow into foundations and get to live forever.

Utter bastds if you ask me with little value to humankind. Get rid of the lot of 'em.