Karamoko Dembele

RamLad1884

This would be a very exciting signing if we can pull it off. We need to take the burden away from Mendez Laing. He can’t be our only outlet. It also takes pressure off CBT and Barkhuizen to an extent.

Dembele had a really impressive season at Blackpool and looked a real handful in the game at PP.

OK, he’s unproven at a higher level, but look at how someone like Whittaker adapted to a higher level, so it could be a similar trajectory.

Dembele definitely has the skills that make him able to scale up and be just as dangerous at a higher level.

We need a player who can play centrally as well as on both flanks, so this looks a great fit!

A very promising link!

I like the link. He's a technically gifted player, coming off a good year and absolutely has the potential to improve and impact at the next level. 

I would guess, however, that he's a little (well, significantly) undersized for Warne's profile in what he wants from wingers. There's not many players I'd have backed Peschisolido to mark on corners, but Dembele is one of them. 

Still, talented kid. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

A former “wonderkid” still only 21 with a very good last season under his belt and lots of upside…. Yes please! Would potentially be a good addition if there is truth to it, one of those with longer term potential as well as the possibility of strong resale value. 

Sell on value…..

17 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not sure why we have got 3 transfer threads, this one and 2 on the main forum….lots of repetition 🤔 Think we only need 2. One for made up ITK nonsense/ suggestions and this one where we have reputable sources.

New Labour for you. I warned this type of thing would happen 😊

1 hour ago, jono said:

I like the sound of that. I get the feeling that French clubs aren’t that wealthy so there is a chance that the fee could be affordable. 

Brest are actually rolling in Champions League money now as they had an amazing season finishing 3rd with half their line up as loaned players. It's probably the case that both him and the club don't see any future and would take some small change in order to keep the players that got them a European spot. 

Edited by eddielewis

46 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I like the link. He's a technically gifted player, coming off a good year and absolutely has the potential to improve and impact at the next level. 

I would guess, however, that he's a little (well, significantly) undersized for Warne's profile in what he wants from wingers. There's not many players I'd have backed Peschisolido to mark on corners, but Dembele is one of them. 

Still, talented kid. 

I wonder if we might see a slightly more nuanced approach for the Champ. Reckon he will want power and athleticism for sure but think there's an understanding that it'll take a little more guile to unlock higher quality defences. 

Exciting to be linked with a player like this at any rate.