Your Top 3 Favourite Derby players ever

4 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Far too many great players to have worn our shirt since the late sixties for me to choose 3.

I have supported the mighty Rams since the early 1960’s (Tim Ward was our manager). We have had our fair share of brilliant/poor players but I think comparatively few “bad eggs”. I am always immensely proud when I hear any of our current squad being interviewed. They all seem to be very grounded and humble young men. Paul Warne, David Clowes etc also set a very fine example for them to follow.

Not necessarily the 3 best players but the 3 players I loved the most at the time.

1. Marco Gabbiadini - my first ever "favourite player" as a child

2. Igor Stimac - my all-time favourite player

3. Francesco Baiano - edging Asanovic, Wanchope and Eranio into third place

Three is hard. Although I saw the 72-76 sides, I was very young and didn't really get how brilliant they were. McFarland, Todd and Hector should be there, as should Archie, but my memory is spoiled by those years he spent in that red rag. 

Recently Craig Forsyth, Chris Martin, George Thorne and Johnny Russell have each enhanced my enjoyment of the Rams. 

Steve Powell, Steve Buckley, Mart Poom and latterly Curtis Davies seem to encapsulate the best of Derby County.

But my three favorites are Paulo Wanchope, Igor Stimac and Kevin Wilson.