Spine Tingling Derby moments

5 hours ago, jono said:

You definitely had to show your cert on your phone but it was laughable. Stewards busy asking you in a gaps in the cordon barriers, prior to the turnstiles and while you’re faffing about 4 others walk past you unchallenged. It was “conforming to requirements” a bit like the “Police will be informed if you invade the pitch” .. Pointless, nothing more than ticking a box 

I never had a covid vax and didn't get asked to show anything. Like you say, it was just a tick box exercise.

Harry Wilson's stunning free kick at Old Trafford in the amazing cup victory a few years back.

I watched it in a pub in Hull whilst working away. There were about a dozen plastic Utd fans making quite a bit of noise, I was the only Derby fan. The landlord happened to be a Leeds fan. He gave me free drinks all might and organised me a taxi back to my hotel.

What an evening that was!

Derby vs sheff united at home in Lampard’s season. My son’s first game. I was a bit emotional when singing Steve Bloomers watching before the game (that was his bed time song when he was a baby). The  Bryson scores in the second minute and derby end up winning 2/1 to round off the perfect first match. 

20 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I assume you mean the 4th goal in the 5-0?  🤷‍♂️

From my NE corner seat, you just knew for certain it was going in, the moment it left his boot. 
An absolute beauty!  
🐏

Yep, typo - the five-nil.

Of course.

There was also a great one he scored in another 5-0, against Wolves, when did some kind of somersault / flip afterwards. Not particularly spine-tingling, but I did love that feeling when we were absolutely annihilating teams now and again at PP. 

14 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

The Brighton play-off semi. The atmosphere was stupendous, like nothing before or since. It made this season’s match against Carlisle seem like a pre-season friendly. And that heel-flick by Will Hughes for the opening goal - WOW!!!

This is my pick. The atmosphere was another level

23 hours ago, Malty said:

Derby vs sheff united at home in Lampard’s season. My son’s first game. I was a bit emotional when singing Steve Bloomers watching before the game (that was his bed time song when he was a baby). The  Bryson scores in the second minute and derby end up winning 2/1 to round off the perfect first match. 

That was the first game for both my lads.  We were behind the goal in the north stand when the goal went in after 2 minutes.  Think it set unrealistic expectations that goals would always come that quickly!

2 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

The season after , similar sized away crowd with Phil Gee smashing home the winner in front of us 🐏

I was there as a 15 year old, in our promotion season back to the top division the old division one, still my best away game ever, the atmosphere was unreal 10000 rams fans going crazy. 

Dean Sturridge's goal against Palace last game of the season 95/96 and Sturridge's goal against Leeds first game of the 96-97 season. Same day Beckham scored from the halfway line, took the plaudits away from what was a great goal from Sturridge. Funnily enough both goals were against Nigel Martyn.

On 09/06/2024 at 22:53, DerbyAleMan said:

I was there as a 15 year old, in our promotion season back to the top division the old division one, still my best away game ever, the atmosphere was unreal 10000 rams fans going crazy. 

I was 26. Still get goosebumps thinking about it now. What an away end that was...

FA Cup under the lights, early 90s. Hanging off the Popside advertising boards as I was too short to see even when stood on a milk crate. A seeming arms length away, the ball goes out wide to Ted McMinn who has space to run at the defenders. The mighty roar goes up along with the hairs on the back of your neck. He beats one man... then two, the wall of noise rising to a deafening crescendo as he whips in the cross...

One can only begin to imagine what the atmosphere was like during the glory days of the BBG when almost twice as many were packed in. I feel incredibly privileged to have been taken there by my Dad and to have experienced some of the last hurrahs of that magical place.