Spine Tingling Derby moments

15 hours ago, ramit said:

Paulo Wanchope receiving the ball in the Derby County half, charging past 4 United players before slotting it in the corner past an amazed and helpless Schmeichel.  Saw it live in a pub full of stunned United fans, I screaming like a demented banshee, oh what a moment, what killer looks I got and how little I cared.

One of the best Rams goals I have ever seen. Unfortunately match of the day did not even vote it goal of the month (second place to a very average turn and shot from Chelseas Zola).

1 minute ago, TimRam said:

One of the best Rams goals I have ever seen. Unfortunately match of the day did not even vote it goal of the month (second place to a very average turn and shot from Chelseas Zola).

Typical bias BBC they hate/hardly say anything about Derby, if a Man United or Arsenal player had scored that goal you wouldn't have heard the last of it. 

Nicholson goal v Sheff Wed

Russell Goal in the 4-0 v Forest

Vydra goal in the first minute v Forest

Collins goal v Carlisle

All of them because I had a really, really clear view due to where I was standing / sitting, and they were oh so rare examples of a game with a big build up and high expectations when we didn't bottle it. 

1983. 2 nil down to Newcastle at half time. The rams come out fighting in the second half to make it 2-2. Ball goes out of play and lands in my lap. As an 8 year old at the time, I managed to throw it back over the crowd barrier (second attempt!) to Archie Gemmil. He went on to win a penalty from that and slotted it away to make it 3-2. He signed my shirt after the game. 

3 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Typical bias BBC they hate/hardly say anything about Derby, if a Man United or Arsenal player had scored that goal you wouldn't have heard the last of it. 

So the BBC are biased against Derby, along with the SKY commentators…..why does nobody like us 🤣

48 minutes ago, Ramalamadoodaa said:

1983. 2 nil down to Newcastle at half time. The rams come out fighting in the second half to make it 2-2. Ball goes out of play and lands in my lap. As an 8 year old at the time, I managed to throw it back over the crowd barrier (second attempt!) to Archie Gemmil. He went on to win a penalty from that and slotted it away to make it 3-2. He signed my shirt after the game. 

Does that count as an assist 🤔

Gabiadini scoring the 4th goal away at Ayresome Park Middlesbrough to win 4-2 - they were top of the league at the time. An absolute cracking goal a bit like Wanchopes away at United but with an even sweeter finish. He got the ball on the halfway line, went past a few defenders and chipped the keeper.

The first game of the season under Clowes (Oxford) is an obvious one already mentioned, but I'll go with a slightly odder one...

The friendly against Man U in the preseason we were all allowed back after COVID lockdowns. For a long time it had felt like sitting in a stadium again was something it was hard to imagine. 

7 hours ago, jono said:

I’ll throw another one in from recent times. Not a “greatest moment” but a huge unforgettable emotional upwelling.

That first game when we were emerging from Covid. Masks, hesitancy, showing your NHS vac cert, looking around, sitting in my seat, sun shining players coming out of the tunnel. Out of nowhere I had tears of relief, phew !  The world is getting back to normal, darkness recedes. It was a beautiful day.

I don't even remember who it was against?

Certainly don't remember wearing a mask or showing a vaccine certificate?

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't even remember who it was against?

Certainly don't remember wearing a mask or showing a vaccine certificate?

You definitely had to show your cert on your phone but it was laughable. Stewards busy asking you in a gaps in the cordon barriers, prior to the turnstiles and while you’re faffing about 4 others walk past you unchallenged. It was “conforming to requirements” a bit like the “Police will be informed if you invade the pitch” .. Pointless, nothing more than ticking a box 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, TimRam said:

Pretty sure it was Cantona’s amazing dink against Sunderland that beat it. Which ended up winning goal of the season

Edited by BramcoteRam84

Plenty of joyous, but that tingle?

Going 3-2 up in the FA Cup at home v Wendies in 93, the Nicholson goal hit hard too, but taking the lead bought that tingle.

Jones freekick v Wendies (again) promotion season, I started to feel it was on.

That Birmingham game, in ground just before the match. Sorrow, pride, far too much emotion to handle. When the Beilik goal went in, it wasn't a tingle it was an emotional release.

10 hours ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

Nicholson goal v Sheff Wed

Russell Goal in the 4-0 v Forest

Vydra goal in the first minute v Forest

Collins goal v Carlisle

All of them because I had a really, really clear view due to where I was standing / sitting, and they were oh so rare examples of a game with a big build up and high expectations when we didn't bottle it. 

Heck I remember that Vydra goal so very well, being an east stander at the right end of the pitch to see it clearly. So much tension as always when we play them. It happened so fast. Got it on the right, cut in, low bending drive, bottom corner .. I remember screaming “you bloody beauty” .. strange choice of words 🤣 .. then You get to watch a game without chewing your finger nails for 90 minutes .. splendid afternoon that 😊