Transfer rumours

4 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Isn't Derby County linked with his profit organisation...ie Clowes developments, So DCFC losses are offset by their profits...🤷‍♂️ 

If Derby made a loss of £10m in a year, it would (broadly speaking) reduce the tax burden of the Group (Clowes Developments) by £2.5m - effectively running the club at a £7.5m loss

8 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Isn't Derby County linked with his profit organisation...ie Clowes developments, So DCFC losses are offset by their profits...🤷‍♂️ 

Not quite but the backing of the ownership group is very secure and Clowes Developments have, as of 2022, got nearly £300m in their bank account as cash.

In their last accounts (2022) they made around £40m profit BEFORE the acquisition of Derby County on T/O of circa £250m. (Cannot remember the exact details). The acquisition turned this into a loss for the year.

Derby County's current legal name is DERBY COUNTY (THE RAMS) LIMITED - they need to sort their own cash flow out but the investment from Clowes Developments who have nearly £300m in the bank is what has obviously supported that. Clowes Developments have invested into the club financially for sure.

Clowes Developments are owned by "The Clowes Trust 2014" - but I cannot see who specifically runs/owns them... but obviously David Clowes will be the main driver behind it.

the one thing I still find slightly intriguing is the resignation of one of the Directors from every single Clowes Development Business back in late 2022. Makes me wonder if Ian Dickinson fundamentally disagreed with what David Clowes did. David rescued the club - he's used the success of his business to bail out his sporting love. However, he's not used his own cash from his own pocket - he's used the resources of Clowes Developments to do this.

6 hours ago, rammieib said:

<snip>

the one thing I still find slightly intriguing is the resignation of one of the Directors from every single Clowes Development Business back in late 2022. Makes me wonder if Ian Dickinson fundamentally disagreed with what David Clowes did. David rescued the club - he's used the success of his business to bail out his sporting love. However, he's not used his own cash from his own pocket - he's used the resources of Clowes Developments to do this.

He was company secretary - perhaps simply retired?

27 minutes ago, rammieib said:

In the company report - it specifically says "Resigned".

He resigned from all other appointments and registered his own consultancy in August last year. He's listed as a Chartered Accountant by profession.

If Hladky is a near done deal, I wonder if he’ll play tomorrow. Hes out of contract so free to play for anyone as a trialist. Id also imagine we’d want our first choice goalie in the building before jetting off to Spain. 

Could be a naive way of thinking, but I’d imagine we do have a decent transfer fee if we’ve spent roughly 1.3 - 1.6 million this week alone on Ebou and Kenzo if/when Ebou is completed. Still some good frees out there and cheap deals from abroad but I hope we get a decent striker under 26 on a permanent. 

On 10/07/2024 at 16:52, rammieib said:

Not quite but the backing of the ownership group is very secure and Clowes Developments have, as of 2022, got nearly £300m in their bank account as cash.

In their last accounts (2022) they made around £40m profit BEFORE the acquisition of Derby County on T/O of circa £250m. (Cannot remember the exact details). The acquisition turned this into a loss for the year.

Derby County's current legal name is DERBY COUNTY (THE RAMS) LIMITED - they need to sort their own cash flow out but the investment from Clowes Developments who have nearly £300m in the bank is what has obviously supported that. Clowes Developments have invested into the club financially for sure.

Clowes Developments are owned by "The Clowes Trust 2014" - but I cannot see who specifically runs/owns them... but obviously David Clowes will be the main driver behind it.

Clowes Developments categorically do not have £300m in the bank. The most recent consolidated accounts show £4m cash on the balance sheet. 

Edited by Andicis