Transfer rumours

48 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I did try to post a bona fide transfer rumour on here, but I think there's so little actual news (Nixon describes us as still at the homework stage) that people are drowning out the tiny snippets there are with these bizarre arguments about if you can sign a player or not. 

With players and hopefully management (?) on their hols, I guess it's going to be quiet, and then it's the Euros, and maybe the actual transfer whirligig won't kick in until then. Actually winning automatic promotion meant the season felt as if it finished remarkably early, so now everyone's drumming their fingers like Bree Larson - IYKYK. 

The Bree Larson addition to these posts really does need to be reintroduced. Always helps in silly season 😜😂

18 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’d be gutted if we were at the homework stage still 😂 surely our homework is done and we’re preparing offers by now. 

That use of words was from memory, but when I looked for it on his Twitter I see it could refer to other clubs rather than us. And, like everything he says, you have to take it with a bit of a "Mystic Meg" pinch of salt.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’d be gutted if we were at the homework stage still 😂 surely our homework is done and we’re preparing offers by now. 

I'd hope that the first offers have been made...

7 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Given  Rooney's management record would Cashin want to play for Plymouth. 

Nothing to do with Rooney but why would Cashin want to go from a club that may face a struggle in the Championship to a smaller club that’s also favourites for having a difficult season? (Apart from for money of course 😀).

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

That seems like a more likely scenario that moving to Plymouth but, does Cashin really “dreams of playing under Nuno Espírito Santo”? 😂

We don’t need Marinikas blood money even if it was 50 mill 

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

ITK Yokels are already saying that Rooney wants Cashin for Plymouth . I take it with a pinch of salt . But Warne is famed for balancing the books . But £3.5 mill is not enough . 

Think Cashin is smarter than that. 

17 minutes ago, Ilkestonian said:

I doubt this is true but, just say it was, with the rumours about Santa going to resign or be sacked, would Cashin want a Clause in his contract saying he could leave too if that happened 😂

Cashin wouldn't join Forest, he would get sleighted by the Rams fans if he did.

3 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

We don’t need Marinikas blood money even if it was 50 mill 

Of course we need £50 million but from them it’s pay all of it up front because they haven’t got it 

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

That seems like a more likely scenario that moving to Plymouth but, does Cashin really “dreams of playing under Nuno Espírito Santo”? 😂

Forest can't afford to buy, they've already been done for overspending (4pts deducted).