Transfer rumours

3 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Ones an 18 year old who came through our academy and is already in the building. He went on loan and had a great 6 months. 

Jake Young will cost money and is unproven and 23. Both could work out but it’s easier to support who’s already in the building than someone who isn’t.

Daj is no more proven than Jake Young at this level, or any level tbh. 

From what I've seen of Daj, albeit very limited like most others in a rams shirt, he is a good distance off being ready for this level. In my opinion he would really benefit from a good year or 2 on loan. 

Thats taking nothing away from Daj. To be around a championship first team at 18 is very promising. 

Jake Young would be a punt. And I first heard of him this afternoon. But if the staff at Derby believe he can step up in the here and now, which I don't believe Daj is ready for, then anything under 500k I would be happy with. 

3 minutes ago, AljosaAsanovic said:

Why are a lot of people so eager to start somebody who scored a few in the national league, but think somebody who scored a few in the league above that is a big risk? 

Have you never considered natural ability, age and potential or are you in the Paul Warne school of thought where if he had Jude Bellingham in his academy he would be looking forward to giving him a first team debut when he reaches 23 after loans in the men's game at Stocksbridge Park Steels, Bamber Bridge and Sherwood Colliery?

Dajaune's had just 170 minutes of first team football with us in 13 months when his immediate potential was first realised. Chirewa is a year older than Dajaune but Dajaune outstripped him last season on both stats and performances. Why did Chirewa start last night with Dajaune on the bench? Because Warne cannot trust his own judgement on youth but he will trust Gary O'Neill who is also insisting on his boy getting game time; I maybe wrong.

9 minutes ago, Spender said:

Have you never considered natural ability, age and potential or are you in the Paul Warne school of thought where if he had Jude Bellingham in his academy he would be looking forward to giving him a first team debut when he reaches 23 after loans in the men's game at Stocksbridge Park Steels, Bamber Bridge and Sherwood Colliery?

Dajaune's had just 170 minutes of first team football with us in 13 months when his immediate potential was first realised. Chirewa is a year older than Dajaune but Dajaune outstripped him last season on both stats and performances. Why did Chirewa start last night with Dajaune on the bench? Because Warne cannot trust his own judgement on youth but he will trust Gary O'Neill who is also insisting on his boy getting game time; I maybe wrong.

Have you really just compared a teenager who played premier league appearances last season against a player who did well in the national league. 

I won't even entertain your idea if he had a generational talent like Bellingham. 

We are playing a 19 Ozoh who has shown us in glimpses (I'm sure he shows a lot more in training) of his talent and ability to hold there own at this level. Do you seriously believe if we had a player of ozohs ability in our youth team he wouldn't be in knocking on the first team door? 

Warne's style of football is killing me at the moment, as I love to be entertained. But I do think he is good at get the maximum out of a players ability/skill level. No matter what age. 

I believe if he and others believed a player from league 2 could step up I'm happy with that. A bit like Clough with Brayford.

2 minutes ago, AljosaAsanovic said:

I believe if he and others believed a player from league 2 could step up I'm happy with that. A bit like Clough with Brayford

How would he know about 'stepping up' he and/or his coaches have hardly ever been above League 1 level have they?

4 minutes ago, AljosaAsanovic said:

Have you really just compared a teenager who played premier league appearances last season against a player who did well in the national league. 

I won't even entertain your idea if he had a generational talent like Bellingham. 

We are playing a 19 Ozoh who has shown us in glimpses (I'm sure he shows a lot more in training) of his talent and ability to hold there own at this level. Do you seriously believe if we had a player of ozohs ability in our youth team he wouldn't be in knocking on the first team door? 

Warne's style of football is killing me at the moment, as I love to be entertained. But I do think he is good at get the maximum out of a players ability/skill level. No matter what age. 

I believe if he and others believed a player from league 2 could step up I'm happy with that. A bit like Clough with Brayford.

Even Springett had PL experience before joining us on loan - it means very little.

Ozoh has shown he has areas he needs to improve on if he's to be a Championship DM as he's been partially to blame for half of our goals conceded so far.

Chirewa hasn't done anything to show he's a Championship level AM/W yet either.

I'd say most youngsters in their breakthrough season need  a run of 10 games to settle. The likes of Ozoh, Chirewa AND Brown will fall into that camp IMO. The only difference is two of those players will be allowed to have that run of games, despite making mistakes, whilst the other will continue to sit on the bench in league games.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Even Springett had PL experience before joining us on loan - it means very little.

Ozoh has shown he has areas he needs to improve on if he's to be a Championship DM as he's been partially to blame for half of our goals conceded so far.

Chirewa hasn't done anything to show he's a Championship level AM/W yet either.

I'd say most youngsters in their breakthrough season need  a run of 10 games to settle. The likes of Ozoh, Chirewa AND Brown will fall into that camp IMO. The only difference is two of those players will be allowed to have that run of games, despite making mistakes, whilst the other will continue to sit on the bench in league games.

Id love to be proved wrong but from what I've seen Daj at this moment in time is no where near ready for a run of games at this level. 

Honestly believe academy tinted glasses are being used a lot here. 

15 minutes ago, AljosaAsanovic said:

Do you seriously believe if we had a player of ozohs ability in our youth team he wouldn't be in knocking on the first team door? 

Absolutely 100% yes, because wouldn't have gained the experience that helped him reach current his level.

If Warne was Palace's manager Ozoh would never have received the Premier League minutes we're using as the basis for him being such a promising player.

An hour against Man City was it? No chance.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

Ryan Manning who I suggested before I hadn’t been involved in Southampton’s first two squads in the prem. He was also just used as a sub tonight for Southampton. He’d be perfect on loan as he can play Lb, LWB, Lm and in central midfield. Enjoyed his time under Warne before and is going to be available to leave in the last few days of the window.

9 minutes ago, AljosaAsanovic said:

Id love to be proved wrong but from what I've seen Daj at this moment in time is no where near ready for a run of games at this level. 

Honestly believe academy tinted glasses are being used a lot here. 

Collins has already had a run for 5 games this season (2 of which against L2 opposition), yet we're still waiting for him to do something. If he was a teenager, you'd be saying he needs a loan to L2 (or lower) too.

Jake Young gives me chilling flashbacks to Nick Blackman - in that we’re singing him off a good six month spell and not much else. The difference now being that spell came in league two. 

It’s obviously a gamble and one I hope comes off if he signs, but it does seem like truly desperate measures if so. He does fit the profile of what we’re after (young, big) but the gulf between league two and the champ is massive. I remember Omar Bogle tearing it up there, moving to the championship, and being useless.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Collins has already had a run for 5 games this season (2 of which against L2 opposition), yet we're still waiting for him to do something. If he was a teenager, you'd be saying he needs a loan to L2 (or lower) too.

If I didnt think he was ready for championship football I would say he would need a loan. Age has nothing to do with it. 

For the record I think Collins is past it at this level. 

I doubt he'd be coming in as a starter anyway? Main striker + Young in, Washington + Brown out on loan. (I can see Warne thinking Young's a better bet than Brown)

His profile of never having played a single minute of football above League Two doesn't really fit in with that of someone who'll get more than the occasional minutes in the Championship, although I'd be happy to be surprised if he comes in and proves a hit.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

9 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Jake Young gives me chilling flashbacks to Nick Blackman - in that we’re singing him off a good six month spell and not much else. The difference now being that spell came in league two. 

It’s obviously a gamble and one I hope comes off if he signs, but it does seem like truly desperate measures if so. He does fit the profile of what we’re after (young, big) but the gulf between league two and the champ is massive. I remember Omar Bogle tearing it up there, moving to the championship, and being useless.

Ignore all of this. I just watched 5 mins of his goals on YouTube. He’s the Bradford Berbatov! 

Tinted glasses or not, how many loan players over the years have been that good ?

Lampards trio excellent and without him doubt any of the three would have come, Adams again excellent. How many others over the past 10 years have been good, unable to think of many.

Our academy players, would Warne have given game time too Knight, Bird etc, if he had been here at the time of their break through into the first team. If not for admin what a side we could have had now through our great academy.

Daj needs a good run in the team, but he needs the ball played quickly to him, so he can show his strength in running at defenders and putting them on the back foot.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But we desperately need a target man to score goals that will help keep us up. If he is supposedly the answer, but proves not to be good enough and fails, it’s really going to cost us. I think it would be a real gamble.

I am afraid it’s the pot we are peeing in - if he signs I wonder for how much and hope for a team transformation 

28 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

And scoring ️ 

Against AFC Wimbledon and they lost on penalties 

3 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Tinted glasses or not, how many loan players over the years have been that good ?

Lampards trio excellent and without him doubt any of the three would have come, Adams again excellent. How many others over the past 10 years have been good, unable to think of many.

Our academy players, would Warne have given game time too Knight, Bird etc, if he had been here at the time of their break through into the first team. If not for admin what a side we could have had now through our great academy.

Daj needs a good run in the team, but he needs the ball played quickly to him, so he can show his strength in running at defenders and putting them on the back foot.

It's a disgrace what was allowed to happen our academy by the administrators. It's also a disgrace that clubs can take our players before they are 17, like with Kaide Gordon l, (this works at all levels too, we shouldn't have been allowed to do it with Bogle). 

I have no idea if Warne would have nurtured knight or Bird or whoever. I'd like to think so, of not he's not the person I want in charge of us. 

I my opinion, sole CF is the hardest position on the pitch. You start the press, a lot of selfless chasing nothing balls, harrased all over for 90 mins by big brute CH, expected to score goals and create, plus probably so much more. It needs the correct person and I can't believe we haven't spent money on one yet or made one top priority. That is probably on Warne. 

But Daj is not the one for all the above at the minute.