Transfer rumours

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Jake Young, not done but close 

Actually like this. Said it several times now, but we need to be signing players from league 1 and 2 and be the ones that provide the step up before profiting. Thomas-Asante to WBA from Salford for £300k before going to Coventry for a few mil springs to mind. 

Add to that the money that you need for a top striker is just crazy, and we don’t have it.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Actually like this. Said it several times now, but we need to be signing players from league 1 and 2 and be the ones that provide the step up before profiting. Thomas-Asante to WBA from Salford for £300k before going to Coventry for a few mil springs to mind. 

Add to that the money that you need for a top striker is just crazy, and we don’t have it.

Or he ends up in the reserves. I am surprised at this after what Warne said about new signings being first team starters. Let’s hope BT has got his wires crossed.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Or he ends up in the reserves. I am surprised at this after what Warne said about new signings being first team starters. Let’s hope BT has got his wires crossed.

You know as well as I do reserves haven’t existed for about 15 years. 

I’ve seen a fair bit of negativity around this link and I don’t get it. What do you want? £15m on a striker? At the very least you seemingly need £5m for Cannon. Close to £1m for a 31 year old Keane? We just don’t have the money. 

If we’ve scouted someone and are thinking they can make the step up and help the first team then why wouldn’t you at least try and support that until it proves otherwise? Dream scenario is he comes in, supports Yates and starts next season, no?

2 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Kane Wilson and Ebou Adams are both friends with Jake Young from their time with Forest green. 

It sounds to me like he just doesn't like it at Bradford and judging by the way the manager talks it could be mutual!

Is there a young striker called Jake that's better?!

Jake Young did well last season, but would be a gamble in League One, nevermind the Championship. He's struggling to get in Bradford's team, for example.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Is there a young striker called Jake that's better?!

Jake Young did well last season, but would be a gamble in League One, nevermind the Championship. He's struggling to get in Bradford's team, for example.

Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s not a case of struggling to get in their team. He just wants to leave and has made that clear, hasn’t he?

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

You know as well as I do reserves haven’t existed for about 15 years. 

I’ve seen a fair bit of negativity around this link and I don’t get it. What do you want? £15m on a striker? At the very least you seemingly need £5m for Cannon. Close to £1m for a 31 year old Keane? We just don’t have the money. 

If we’ve scouted someone and are thinking they can make the step up and help the first team then why wouldn’t you at least try and support that until it proves otherwise? Dream scenario is he comes in, supports Yates and starts next season, no?

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment.

I think the hope was that we would have a focal point on which to base our attack and Young has made a reputation based on a handful of good performances amongst a much leaner time, all at a lower level than he will be playing with Derby.

He could be great or he could be massively out of his depth. That’s where the recruitment team earns its money.

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment.

I think the hope was that we would have a focal point on which to base our attack and Young has made a reputation based on a handful of good performances amongst a much leaner time, all at a lower level than he will be playing with Derby.

He could be great or he could be massively out of his depth. That’s where the recruitment team earns its money.

Exactly. He could be cack, absolutely, but I’d know I’d rather find out than watch Collins who we know absolutely is cack at Championship level. 

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s not a case of struggling to get in their team. He just wants to leave and has made that clear, hasn’t he?

At the moment, yes. He was struggling for game time prior to his loan move to Swindon, though. He had a hell of a purple patch. 

At this point, I’m not going to turn down a 23 year old striker regardless of his past or circumstances. If the scouting department have done their job correctly then he should handle the step up no problem at all.