Transfer rumours

1 hour ago, Wignall12 said:

Would you advertise who your targets are and get gazumped ?

Get that totally I mean by the fact this midfielder set to join by the sounds of it he’s been close for some weeks you’d of thought a name would be out now

15 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Well if Delap can go for 20 million was it, then nothing can surprise me.

Yeh Delap is a weird one for me. We used to be mates at school so followed him closely. Played school football with him etc. Didn’t think he exactly set the championship alight when he was there (Stoke and Preston). Was injured for a lot of his Hull spell too. Semi injury prone too.

37 minutes ago, Kernow said:

More proof that finding a striker in this market is going to be really tough. 10 goals in 33 games:

I think at this point we just accept that an English striker is simply not an option, save for as a loan. I wouldn't want to pay much more than half that figure for Cannon, if that, so I'm praying we are going to show some initiative and find an up and comer from abroad. The premium levied on British players is borderline insanity and quotas aside, completely out of kilter with reality, or for that matter, their ability. Seriously frustrating! 😑

No idea if he would be on our list or even what state he’s in now, but I’ve always like Kemar Roofe as a forward. He’s not a physical presence, traditional target man, but he’s excellent at bringing others into play - or at least was.

It looks like he’s struggled to stay fit recently, though, hasn’t played a ton of football in the past two seasons. 

35 minutes ago, paulwarneschampionshiprams said:

Yeh Delap is a weird one for me. We used to be mates at school so followed him closely. Played school football with him etc. Didn’t think he exactly set the championship alight when he was there (Stoke and Preston). Was injured for a lot of his Hull spell too. Semi injury prone too.

Unbelievable amount. Ipswich seem to have money to burn.

19 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

No idea if he would be on our list or even what state he’s in now, but I’ve always like Kemar Roofe as a forward. He’s not a physical presence, traditional target man, but he’s excellent at bringing others into play - or at least was.

It looks like he’s struggled to stay fit recently, though, hasn’t played a ton of football in the past two seasons. 

One of the better options for our style of play from the free agents list. He's from Walsall, and at the age where he'll want to move closer to home. The downside is hit fitness record, missing a couple months every season, and nearly missed the entirety of 22/23.

The options also have question marks against them: Josh King (lacks finishing), Lucas Joao (bad fitness record), Aaron Connolly (questionable attitude, not a target man), Stephen Humphrys (unproven above L1), and Andre Ayew (squad option at most)

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

More proof that finding a striker in this market is going to be really tough. 10 goals in 33 games:

Remember the last one Leicester wanted rid of for 7 million? Wasted about 3 years of our time and a shed load of our money in wages

Edited by Gerry Daly

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Well if Delap can go for 20 million was it, then nothing can surprise me.

Ipswich seem to be buying shed loads of players from the Championship . Are they preparing for next season already ? But Chelsea having 40 odd players on thousands of £’s a week is distorting the transfer market beyond recognition. It all filters down . 

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

Ipswich seem to be buying shed loads of players from the Championship . Are they preparing for next season already ? But Chelsea having 40 odd players on thousands of £’s a week is distorting the transfer market beyond recognition. It all filters down . 

Ipswich are signing young players who have shown promise in the Championship, typically. Szmodics a strange signing, but can see why they’re largely investing in young players when they have one of the best coaches in the country and can develop them.