Transfer rumours

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Hard to know what players can improve us with our budget .

I think it’s a matter of trying just to stay up this season 

What do you think is the best way of doing that?

Just now, Curtains said:

Well the players need  to acclimatise to the Championship and ball retention is important.

We played ok today and could of equalised with Bradley’s header .

Their winner was fortunate and the referee was crap 

I only saw a vid clip of their goals, can't say that the 2nd was fortunate at all. Well taken.

53 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Good news is we don’t have to wait long to find out. 

About time, but for some reason I knows warnes said 3 but I’m hoping maybe 4/5 as I think we still need them

3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The one I mentioned earlier, Tawanda Chirewa, is from a really reliable source.

One other I heard yesterday, but it was from a bloke in the pub, is Andre Gray.

Please take that with a pinch of salt as I overheard in the pub from someone I do not know. 

No idea where Andre Gray is now or if he is a free.

This one from the old reliable source?

If so, count him as in the building!

20 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

There’s no way we end up with 0 signings. 

If Warne doesn't feel the players on offer are the right characters, then we will end up with no one.

It is sounding like the free agent player he wants (Cooper) is going elsewhere so that would be one down.

Seems like clubs are waiting to see what we can afford to offer and then upping it by a couple of grand. 

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If Warne doesn't feel the players on offer are the right characters, then we will end up with no one.

It is sounding like the free agent player he wants (Cooper) is going elsewhere so that would be one down.

Seems like clubs are waiting to see what we can afford to offer and then upping it by a couple of grand. 

Not sure Cooper is the free agent. Although it does sound like we were courting him.  

Think we’ll get 2 in and that’ll leave us 1 maybe 2 short.

5 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

No harm in getting John Jules in on a one year contract, perhaps appearance based incentives and a low wage given his injury record. He’ll give so much more off the bench than the likes of Barkhuisen, Washington, Collins etc. 

There is harm. He would take up one of the 25 squad spaces, essentially giving us a 24 man squad.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

So what does a competitive budget mean then?

A club wage budget in the ball parks of half the division (let's say approximately £25m) with a modest budget to pay for transfers (let's say £3-5m).

I see a main factor being the misguided opinion on the increased TV revenue going towards reducing club losses, rather than increasing club wage bills. Another factor being the astronomical rise of players this summer due the PL club f@cking things up.

Overestimating our financial power by just a couple of million could shift us from a lower midtable budget, to a bottom 3/4 one.

6 minutes ago, Round the Houses said:

I’m sorry I’ve not heard any more groundbreaking news. I was told about potential outgoings with Lincoln interested in a loan deal for Washington. Brown will only go if Warne brings in his target (believed to be Al Hamadi). Devine is believed to be the loanee coming in.

Devine, Al Hamadi and a defender would be a great end to the window. Washington going out would then be even better.