Transfer rumours

2 minutes ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

I really can’t see us signing anyone at the moment. I feel for Warne because his hands have been tied. Have we actually spent any money that hasn’t been through transfer clauses? I’ve totalled about £2.5-2.7M 

Maybe we are saving it for deadline day?

Remember our Lord and saviour said we have a competitive budget, certainly for the championship and we aren't there to make up the numbers.

Deadline day could be exciting.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Remember our Lord and saviour said we have a competitive budget, certainly for the championship and we aren't there to make up the numbers.

Quick CB 

CF 

after midnight on deadline day 

Liam cooper - free 

Tyrese JJ - free till Jan 

great competitive budget ✍️

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's not been the transfer window most of us were hoping for so far, but is there any need to make sarcastic remarks about David Clowes after all that he's done for the Club?

Paul Warne’s key points from BBC radio derby interview 

On Ben Osborn, on Thursday he had a small calf injury, might be available for Bristol nothing serious. 

Vickers has a groin injury. 

Before the barrow game he hopes one deal should be done, a Midfielder on loan. Also a couple more before Bristol should then also be done. 

One player coming in might be a free agent (I assume Cooper) TJJ isn’t in talks with us. The rest of the signings will most likely be loans. 

No harm in getting John Jules in on a one year contract, perhaps appearance based incentives and a low wage given his injury record. He’ll give so much more off the bench than the likes of Barkhuisen, Washington, Collins etc. 

1 minute ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Paul Warne’s key points from BBC radio derby interview 

On Ben Osborn, on Thursday he had a small calf injury, might be available for Bristol nothing serious. 

Vickers has a groin injury. 

Before the barrow game he hopes one deal should be done, a Midfielder on loan. Also a couple more before Bristol should then also be done. 

One player coming in might be a free agent (I assume Cooper) TJJ isn’t in talks with us. The rest of the signings will most likely be loans. 

Believe it when I see it. All talk.

If the new players improve the first team great but if they are just run-of-the-mill squad men, we will struggle.

We lack quality on the ball in midfield and defence so invite pressure.

A goal scorer will help gain points in close games but you have to win the midfield at this level to make it a close game in the first place.

27 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It's not been the transfer window most of us were hoping for so far, but is there any need to make sarcastic remarks about David Clowes after all that he's done for the Club?

Poor yourself a Korev and chill ya Beans.

I wasn't being sarcastic. Merely pointing out that the person we all hold dear to our hearts and trust so much told us we would have a competitive budget and seeing as our budget spent so far, given the Incoming sell on fees, it's been anything but. 

So, I'm expecting fireworks between now and end of play Friday.

31 minutes ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

Quick CB 

CF 

after midnight on deadline day 

Liam cooper - free 

Tyrese JJ - free till Jan 

great competitive budget ✍️

No thanks TJJ is a sicknote case

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Reckon John Jules is the striker we sign 

Would be tragic if that is the case with his injury record. Good player but if we are relying on him for goals we may as well plan on visiting carling town again next season.

Edited by Marriot Ram99

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Poor yourself a Korev and chill ya Beans.

I wasn't being sarcastic. Merely pointing out that the person we all hold dear to our hearts and trust so much told us we would have a competitive budget and seeing as our budget spent so far, given the Incoming sell on fees, it's been anything but. 

So, I'm expecting fireworks between now and end of play Friday.

According to transfer mrkt website Derby have the 6th highest net spend in the division… the 14th highest spend. Clowes might point to that as competitive. The issue is that our starting point was a long way away from being good enough. 

Just now, Marriot Ram99 said:

Would be tragic if that is the case with his injury record. Good player but if we are relying on him for goals we may as well plan on visiting carling town again next season.

He already said it isn’t. Calm down.