Transfer rumours

10 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

It is but I’d be very surprised if we don’t get 3/4 more players + JWZ before the end of the window. 

Well Warne is still 6 away from what he wanted, to bring that many in with what times left would be very unlikely especially as it sounds like we aren’t getting any closer to any targets baring the keeper… 

14 minutes ago, Topram said:

Well Warne is still 6 away from what he wanted, to bring that many in with what times left would be very unlikely especially as it sounds like we aren’t getting any closer to any targets baring the keeper… 

He wanted 12 including 2 goalies which he said in a post match in pre season so we’ve signed 7 (8 once JWZ is announced) so hopefully then we can get a CB, 10 and a 9 + a lb if possible. 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I would be very surprised if we signed more than 3, including the keeper.

No doubt we will then be reminded that there is a free agent market to utilise.

Things that take weeks early on in the window only take days and even hours the closer you get to the end of the window. So you’d be surprised how quickly players can come in. 

4 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

He wanted 12 including 2 goalies which he said in a post match in pre season so we’ve signed 7 (8 once JWZ is announced) so hopefully then we can get a CB, 10 and a 9 + a lb if possible. 

Haven't we signed 6 (7 once JWZ signs) i'm assuming CBT wasn't included in Warne's thoughts. EDIT - Scrap that we signed the keeper as well.

Edited by TomTom92

5 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

For some reason I thought we’d only signed 6

You might as well be count the academy signings in the numbers if you're going to include a keeper who'll never ever play and mostly won't even make the bench.

Something to remember is you can only name 5 loans in the matchday squad, so 3 more loans fills that. I can't imagine there would be many teams sending their player out to be our 6th loan so I reckon we stop at 5 (and may not reach that).

Edited by May Contain Nuts

6 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

You might as well be count the academy signings in the numbers if you're going to include a keeper who'll never ever play and mostly won't even make the bench.

Something to remember is you can only name 5 loans in the matchday squad, so 3 more loans fills that. I can't imagine there would be many teams sending their player out to be our 6th loan so I reckon we stop at 5 (and may not reach that).

Well not the same when Warne said he wants 12 and mentioned 2 goalies to replace wildsmith and Loach as third choice. It would be a bit weird if he was signing Luthra as third choice but said “oh he doesn’t count because he probably won’t play”. It is in fairness 11 first teamers + a third choice goalie but it was labeled as 12.

Warne has already said loans won't be busy until last week of window. Don't expect to hear much until after Watford game. Players like Woodrow won't leave until replaced and Luton not linked with a striker yet

2 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

When Warne when talking about wanting 12 in, he also suggested that some would be going out. If we're struggling to shift faces out in the other direction, that'll surely have an effect on the numbers/values of those we want to bring in.

Brilliant.

39 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Quiet is good.  I prefer it this way.  It’s much better to conduct our business behind the scenes.  The JWZ news is only or because of the selling club, otherwise we’d know nothing about that either.

Which would no doubt cause an even bigger meltdown on here 🤣🤣