Transfer rumours

2 hours ago, Jase116 said:

Didn't Warne say the main deals were going to be done at the end of the window? I'm sure I heard an interview he did saying this & that they would be our main targets? If that's the case I'd imagine loans & permanent when a selling club has brought someone in first. 

Or did I dream that? 

You didn't dream it.

But it did sound like a bit of a fantasy to me when I heard it.

Imagine waiting until the end of the window to get your main targets, risking them having a change of heart or someone else coming in with a better offer.  We could be bottom 3 by the end of the window, that isn't going to help our chances of getting a decent loan from a prem team.

Where would that leave us, at the very end of the window? Facing certain relegation I would say.

I think Paul was trying to buy himself/club a bit of time there, but was being economical with the truth...just my opinion

Edited by ThePrisoner

3 hours ago, MadAmster said:

The budget will be set by the Directors. They will have an idea of how much money we will have in income this season. Some of that will go on player and staff wages. Some will go on the upkeep of PP and MF. What's left plus whatever loss DC is prepared to fund is what we have available for transfers.

It cost DC around £55M to buy the club. According to the most recently published annual accounts, DCFC owes Clowes development £36M. That's £91M the club has cost DC so far. At some point, he's going to want that back. That will mean him selling the club for at least that amount, just to break even. It's getting on for 40% of his estimated wealth of £250M, much of which is tied up in land, buildings, plant, machinery and building materials as opposed to liquid assets. How much more do fans expect him to pour into the club? 

My opinion is that he's about at the limit to which he will go. He has been consistent in saying the club will be run sustainably and be self sufficient. I find it unreasonable for fans to expect him to keep pouring money into the club.

Where do you get those numbers from?

£22m for the stadium.

£36m for the acquisition of the club/debt.

i think season one on the accounts was a subsidy of around £10m to balance out.

I imagine season two was similar?

Can you break your £91m down please in case I’m missing something.

Either way - a hell of a lot of money.

In return he has a loss making business and a stadium which is only worth something if there is a loss making business playing in it.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

But Iverson apparently eats into our budget more than Zetterstrom does, so your argument falls apart.

£10k a week versus £20k a week. I agree - people are forgetting signing on fees, agent fees and Wages.

For what it’s worth I think Zetterstrom will be worth £5 to £10m in 24 months time.

9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Where do you get those numbers from?

£22m for the stadium.

£36m for the acquisition of the club/debt.

i think season one on the accounts was a subsidy of around £10m to balance out.

I imagine season two was similar?

Can you break your £91m down please in case I’m missing something.

Either way - a hell of a lot of money.

In return he has a loss making business and a stadium which is only worth something if there is a loss making business playing in it.

Thanks for that. It seems I may have added things in twice. I've seen in various places that he paid around £55M for the club and the stadium. Then, when the most recent accounts came out, there was a £36M loan debt from Clowes Development. I added the two together. Those same accounts also showed an operating loss of £10M. Has DC filled that "black hole" and that needs adding to what he paid for club and ground? That would make it £68M thus far.

Season 2? Reading articles and listening to interviews, I agree with you that there will be another loss. With wages being down from season 1, I'm hoping closer to 5M than 10M.

The revised figures still mean he's put somewhere between 20% and 30% of his reported "worth" into the club and the vast majority of that worth is still not in liquid assets. That's why I am of the opinion that he doesn't have millions more he can subsidise the club with so it's getting towards time we either break even or he sells or we get some outside investment.

I would not expect much to happen until closer to the end of the widow-Agents may well be advising players to wait till closer to the end of the month so both they and the player can get a better deal as teams get desperate.Also loans probably wont be getting sorted until prem squads have registered their 25.So i assume its all talk without anyone committing just yet.

39 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You didn't dream it.

But it did sound like a bit of a fantasy to me when I heard it.

Imagine waiting until the end of the window to get your main targets, risking them having a change of heart or someone else coming in with a better offer.  We could be bottom 3 by the end of the window, that isn't going to help our chances of getting a decent loan from a prem team.

Where would that leave us, at the very end of the window? Facing certain relegation I would say.

I think Paul was trying to buy himself/club a bit of time there, but was being economical with the truth...just my opinion before Kier Starmer smashes my back door in and locks me up for 2 years.

You’ve got more than 2 brain cells….no need to worry 😊

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I do wonder if the club are waiting in hope for a big money offer for Cashin.

It will be 4 weeks on Friday since we last signed a player, you can throw every excuse out under the sun, but for a club needing 6 more players, that's pretty poor going.

Little old Oxford don't seem to be having to wait until the last 2 days of the window (as Warne keeps hinting at) to make signings.

It is 5 days today since we signed a player 

IMG_8869.jpeg