Transfer rumours

32 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Maybe Warne doesn’t actually have much pull for a player. Who wants to join a club where it’s hoof ball all the time and playing for 1-0 wins or draws? 

Oh but he’s a nice guy and quite funny 

Yh true he’d never be able to sign players like other clubs do, players like

An exciting young centre mid from Netherlands 

A Swedish international goalie

a premier league experienced midfielder 

a young talent who multiple clubs also wanted on loan

players like that would never sign for us because of warne.

39 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Yh true he’d never be able to sign players like other clubs do, players like

An exciting young centre mid from Netherlands 

A Swedish international goalie

a premier league experienced midfielder 

a young talent who multiple clubs also wanted on loan

players like that would never sign for us because of warne.

My point was, why would players choose to play for Warne when there are better options out there?

Goidmijn and Zetterstrom are exempt, mainly because they haven’t played in england before and other english managers. Ozoh is a loan from a prem side so doesn’t really count either, and Osborn wants to play for Derby, which he has dreamt of doing since leaving.

Why do you think we miss out on so many targets we are linked with? His style of play isn’t pretty, and he we are destined to lose many games this season….. so why would anyone want to play for him?

5 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

My point was, why would players choose to play for Warne when there are better options out there?

Goidmijn and Zetterstrom are exempt, mainly because they haven’t played in england before and other english managers. Ozoh is a loan from a prem side so doesn’t really count either, and Osborn wants to play for Derby, which he has dreamt of doing since leaving.

Why do you think we miss out on so many targets we are linked with? His style of play isn’t pretty, and he we are destined to lose many games this season….. so why would anyone want to play for him?

We miss out because of finances I’d imagine also how can you just put an exemption on 3 players when we know they had other options. You can’t pick and choose for your argument. 

Just now, Eoghan1884 said:

We miss out because of finances I’d imagine also how can you just put an exemption on 3 players when we know they had other options. You can’t pick and choose for your argument. 

Finances play a big part, but it all boils down to whether they want to play for Warne and his style of play. Surely you agree with that?

We still need a whole spine of a team 

Goalkeeper who is good - hopefully the Dutch guy can live up to that need if he signs next week

Central defender - with pace is it to be a premiership young loanee to gamble on who knows 

central midfielder - attacking one who scores goals desperately needed over the season I suspect again it has to be a premiership loan gamble again 

centre forward -  who knows what he is doing, now he doesn’t have to score a bucket load of goals but he needs to be in right places and work the players around him.

i can see us playing 4-5 loan players frequently this season but having the centre forward is a desperate need and we haven’t been able to bring one in yet which means we can’t afford them either in fees or wages or they would be here by now or our options are extremely limited due to the choices available to those types of player.

23 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

I think the point is being honest you just don’t like warne no beating about the bush . And that’s fine it’s a free country and your choice I never liked Tommy docherty . but have some respect for him he got us promoted and hopefully will keep us up but don’t keep shoving it down our throats at every turn.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

We still need a whole spine of a team 

Goalkeeper who is good - hopefully the Dutch guy can live up to that need if he signs next week

Central defender - with pace is it to be a premiership young loanee to gamble on who knows 

central midfielder - attacking one who scores goals desperately needed over the season I suspect again it has to be a premiership loan gamble again 

centre forward -  who knows what he is doing, now he doesn’t have to score a bucket load of goals but he needs to be in right places and work the players around him.

i can see us playing 4-5 loan players frequently this season but having the centre forward is a desperate need and we haven’t been able to bring one in yet which means we can’t afford them either in fees or wages or they would be here by now or our options are extremely limited due to the choices available to those types of player.

Which is funny because we were told from the beginning that Warne wishes to strengthen the spine of the team. We have played our first game and are currently suffering from Spinal stenosis and arthritis.

7 minutes ago, islandram said:

I think the point is being honest you just don’t like warne no beating about the bush . And that’s fine it’s a free country and your choice I never liked Tommy docherty . but have some respect for him he got us promoted and hopefully will keep us up but don’t keep shoving it down our throats at every turn.

Don’t keep shoving it down your throat??? This is the first time i’ve mentioned Warne.

I thank him for what he has done, however don’t feel confident at all with him the championship. There’s a reason he has 3 promotions to the championship and 3 relegations as well…..

30 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Finances play a big part, but it all boils down to whether they want to play for Warne and his style of play. Surely you agree with that?

Who have we lost out on due to the player not wanting to play for Warne?

56 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Quite simple my friend.... because we're shopping in Poundland... and everyone else can afford to shop in Harrods....

58 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Absolute nonsense but keep it coming if it makes you happy.

1 hour ago, Fraser_23 said:

Where’s your evidence of this? Has any player ever said they would have signed for us but they don’t like Warne? Seriously?

42 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Don’t keep shoving it down your throat??? This is the first time i’ve mentioned Warne.

I thank him for what he has done, however don’t feel confident at all with him the championship. There’s a reason he has 3 promotions to the championship and 3 relegations as well…..

Doesn't he have 4 promotions to the Championship? 😉